Poll: How do you feel about your original Paladin charger?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Your Charger

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your Charger

Personally, I got it back when it was still relatively hard (and at the appropriate level)...that combined with the Lore behind the quest, I really love it.

I have a few rare mounts, but I still enjoy busting it out now and again.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Your Charger

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Personally, I got it back when it was still relatively hard (and at the appropriate level)...that combined with the Lore behind the quest, I really love it.

I have a few rare mounts, but I still enjoy busting it out now and again.
    Got it back when the questline was still appropriate for your level.

Killing Tendris Warpwood, and seeing the charger spawn was pretty freakin' radical.

I also enjoyed the spirits during the final boss, that Death Knight down where Rattlegore was. Having to use specific Seals+Judges on the spirits that spawned was really cool and made you truly feel like a righteous paladin.

I remember having a notepad file open with the proper seals+judges to use on the different spirits cause I was nervous. :-[

Where is the "I mostly did it for the tabard" option?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Where is the "I mostly did it for the tabard" option?
    Added...kinda.

My pally did the questline (although, with some help with a higher leveled guildy), and it's the only ground mount she has.

I have to say though that having done the warlock mount questline first, I was HIGHLY disappointed in the paladin version. The last part of the lock one felt so much more epic. =\

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Since I have been playing since the start of Vanilla Wow, and my paladin was my first character (and still my main) I did the whole quest and it was awesome. I remember the pain of gathering the reagents. Arcanite bars were expensive and it was a lot harder to farm money at that time. Doing the quest line was quite epic. The hardest part was to get the pristine black diamond, which was EXTREMELY rare and could cost between 500-1000 gold, which was A LOT back then. Luckily I found a krol blade, sold it and bought the diamond. I remember how tense I was when doing the last part in scholomance, and the excitment of completing it. Riding the charger proudly in Ironforge was like riding a land rocket

got it when yo could just buy it, so it has no awesomeness or feeling of achievement for me.

My zhevra however is well earnt, damned RL friends mooched dozens of powers through instances >

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    My pally did the questline (although, with some help with a higher leveled guildy), and it's the only ground mount she has.

I have to say though that having done the warlock mount questline first, I was HIGHLY disappointed in the paladin version. The last part of the lock one felt so much more epic. =\
    I've helped with the Lock version, and I personally prefer the Paladin one. I guess it's just the fact that you venture into the heart of depravity and desecration to redeem a fallen soul - which is bound to you, as much more than a mount.

A glimmer of life - long vacant from the poor beast - shines in its eyes as you hand its judged soul back to it. You feel a holy rush of power surge around you as you place the barding on its back, having judged the charger redeemed. The charger nuzzles your hand as the burdens of the past are lifted from the beast. You now feel as though you could call upon this beast to serve as your steed, should the need arise.
    'Course...if you're a Blood Elf...it just kinda sucks. BUT YOU GET A TABARD!

Did the quest when i was ally. Was really epic.

Then once I faction changed, I did it again for the Tabard.

I got it when you had to do the questline. Wow, it was a goldsink. I made a massive mistake initially, I bought the riding first, not knowing I would recieve it from the questline. :-\

I still love it though, it's a shame they removed it, and now it's trainer learnt.

I got mine when I was levling my paladin in BC ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    I got it when you had to do the questline. Wow, it was a goldsink. I made a massive mistake initially, I bought the riding first, not knowing I would recieve it from the questline. :-\

I still love it though, it's a shame they removed it, and now it's trainer learnt.
    Yeah, I'd like it if your mount looked a tiny bit different if you had the feat pre-trainer learning.

Anything, really...more glowy? =P

I picked it up back when I hit 60, very expensive at the time and time consuming, but the quest was really fun all together

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Yeah, I'd like it if your mount looked a tiny bit different if you had the feat pre-trainer learning.

Anything, really...more glowy? =P
    Or gold coins stapled all over it, to represent the money spent on it. :P

10+ Year Old Account

This is a 2-split for me :P

The tabard was indeed way too epic and awesome to pass up, and i did the q after u could buy it.
    But i did the q instead of just buying the mount because i like to do things the way they are supposed to be done ^^
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Only did the Blood Elf one. It was okay.

Oh yeah, and i really did want that tabard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Did it asap as I could.

My paladin was my first character ever, and I started playing around 2 weeks after the european release of the game. I loved the chain, it was completely awesome. And as reply #1 or #2 said, I had a notepad window open with judgement/seal rotations to make sure I did it right

I actually still think I have the undead scourgestone in my bank somewhere. Sec, gonna check.

10+ Year Old Account

I got the Mount back when a quest was required, but as it was the Belf quest it was kinda easy :P Even still though it's a cool mount, not my favourite but in the top...three probably
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I remember tanking scholo back in the days to help paladins get their mounts from that bone pit. It was epic to see them with it as epic mounts back then were rare.

Fun times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Did the quest (could've just trained it) anyway, got the blood knight tabard then faction changed later down the road and it was turned into a guild tabard. Bah!

They did leave me my level 20ish polearm from the belf pally quest. I guess that's neat?