Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Demonology + Hellfire Thread

actually , do arcane mages use Arcane Explosion as thier AE spell of choice @@?
    and what spell do fire mages use for AE ?

there is no point to make 1AE spell for 1 spec , better make hellfire usefull in other way , maybe instant cast and cause everyone in range to get a fire base DOT so every spec can use it

15+ Year Old Account

Fire uses living bomb first, then blizzard.
    All other specs use blizzard.

It'd be interesting to see an arcane blast - arcane explosion synergy, but since you're already in point blank range that increases the chance of death.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

im not playing a mage but the attack the gnome in PoS uses would be cool imo for a mage atleast.

Now to to topic, hellfire for demo is great would go nicely with immolation aura if demo keeps it. (both close range)

Hellfire:

Instant cast.
    xxxx mana cost
    x cooldown

The warlock is surrounded by the fires of hell constantly exploding waves of fire that cause y amount of damage to all targets around the warlock and z(much less than y) to the warlock.
    If metamorphosis is used the spell no longer causes damage to the warlock and has an increased effect. (also has the current spell animation in demo form) The spell is canceled if the warlock exits metamorphosis
    Lasts x seconds, refreshed if metamorphosis is used.

Since warlocks are not about defence, this is a nice addition for all warlocks against melee with some downsides.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

Furthermore, abilities available only while under the effects of Metamorphosis will be altered to put more emphasis on the warlock's own spells.
    My thoughts about hellfire:

Immolation Aura
    To get more emphasis to skills that warlocks normally use (or will in cata) i hope they change immo aura it so that hellfire gets improved instead:

While metamorphed the Hellfire spell no longer needs to be channeled.

And change the name to Immolation (passive) so basicly the same as immolation aura but makes a free spot on the action bars.
    (since hellfire becomes the basic Demo AoE attack)

Full post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...85/#msg2472285