Question about Stun DRs

Do they follow the same duration guidelines as other cc?

Poly/Fear, whatever:
    1st: 8s
    2nd: 4s
    3rd: 1s
    4th: Immune

(I forget if these are the exact numbers)

So if I'm running double destro lock in the arena (just messing around... under no illusions that this is a strong comp), with two back to back Shadowfuries, would it be :
    1st: 3s
    2nd: 1.5s

??

Shed some light on this for me, please. Tyvm!

Re: Question about Stun DRs

Initial normal time
    1/2 of ^
    1/2 of ^

All CCs follow this. Cap being 12 seconds. Sap for example is 12>6>3. Cheap shot and KS do not share DR.

So yes, 3s>1.5s. Also go double afflic and roflstomp everyone.

Im under impression that any stun halves the duration of next.

So if ure a tauren and stomp someone for those 2 seconds, any next stun will be 50% duration. etc

edit: you could probably find a list of spells that share diminishing category, for example shaman hexes someone for full duration, poly on that target would be half, 5 secs only.

diminishing expires after 15 seconds, so next stun would be again full duration

download either (test which one suits you better) so your stuns can always be used to full
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ngreturns.aspx
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...adiminish.aspx

Cool guys, thanks.

Interesting that comment about double affliction, however. We tried this last season and found we had no burst for when it was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Carobnica
    Im under impression that any stun halves the duration of next.

So if ure a tauren and stomp someone for those 2 seconds, any next stun will be 50% duration. etc

edit: you could probably find a list of spells that share diminishing category, for example shaman hexes someone for full duration, poly on that target would be half, 5 secs only.

diminishing expires after 15 seconds, so next stun would be again full duration

download either (test which one suits you better) so your stuns can always be used to full
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ngreturns.aspx
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ladiminish.asp

Hex and sheep don't share DR, I believe that fear and stun do though.

Deleted

cyclone also have DR :P

1st: 6 sec
    2nd: 3 sec
    3: 1 sec
    4: immune

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko
    Initial normal time
    1/2 of ^
    1/2 of ^

All CCs follow this. Cap being 12 seconds. Sap for example is 12>6>3. Cheap shot and KS do not share DR.

sap has a duration of 10sec not 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    However, I have now learnt that Belguim is on the east side of Germany not the west so thanks for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    get your facts straight

http://www.wowwiki.com/Diminishing_returns

Hex transforms your character, hence Polymorph. Same DR

Seduces + Fears = same DR

Stuns but Cheap Shot = same DR.

Incapacitates = Sap Repentence and I think Wyvern sting/trap

silences = silences, not interupts, interupts have no DR(have been asked that lol)

Horrors. Haven't tested but I believe they DR with themselves. eg 2 PH = 1 full 1 half but 1 PH and 1 DC = both full, again untested.

and then cyclone.

The only spells without DR are Cheap Shot and either charge or intercept iirc

Basic DRs

Cheap shot has a DR with itself, so it's not without one, per se. Kind of moot unless you're a shadowdance rogue, in which case it becomes very important.

*may be in PvP gear, which should be disregarded for maximum epeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam
    Hex transforms your character, hence Polymorph. Same DR

Seduces + Fears = same DR

Stuns but Cheap Shot = same DR.

Incapacitates = Sap Repentence and I think Wyvern sting/trap

silences = silences, not interupts, interupts have no DR(have been asked that lol)

Horrors. Haven't tested but I believe they DR with themselves. eg 2 PH = 1 full 1 half but 1 PH and 1 DC = both full, again untested.

and then cyclone.

The only spells without DR are Cheap Shot and either charge or intercept iirc

Basic DRs
    Also, incapacitates share the same DR as Poly and Hex, as well as Freezing Trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Hex and sheep DOES share DR, while fear and stun doesnt

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko
    Initial normal time
    1/2 of ^
    1/2 of ^

they will own everyoen with double destro, as soon as someone sees 2 chaos bolts flying towards them you say aswell give up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

i am pretty sure my hex was a 1 sec cc after that mage polyd him twice :P

Controlled Root - Freeze (Water Elemental), Pin (Crab), Frost Nova, Entangling Roots, Earthgrab (Storm, Earth and Fire)

Controlled Stun - Bash, Concussion Blow, Deep Freeze, Demon Charge, Gnaw, Holy Wrath, Inferno Effect (Doomguard summon), Hammer of Justice, Intercept (Felguard), Intercept (Warrior), Intimidation, Kidney Shot, Maim, Ravage, Shadowfury, Shockwave, Sonic Blast, War Stomp

Disarm- Chimera Shot - Scorpid, Disarm, Dismantle, Psychic Horror (Disarm effect), Snatch

Disorient - Dragon's Breath, Freezing Arrow, Freezing Trap, Gouge, Hex, Hungering Cold, Polymorph, Repentance Sap, Shackle, Wyvern Sting

Fear - Blind, Fear (Warlock), Howl of Terror, Intimidating Shout, Psychic Scream, Scare Beast, Seduction (Pet), Turn Evil

Horror - Death Coil, Psychic Horror

Opener Stun - Cheap Shot, Pounce

Random Root - Frostbite, Improved Hamstring, Shattered Barrier

Random Stun - Impact, Improved Fire Nova Totem, Revenge Stun, Seal of Justice, Stoneclaw Stun

Silence - Arcane Torrent, Gag Order (Warrior talent), Garrote, Improved Counterspell, Nether Shock, Silencing Shot, Improved Kick, Shield of the Templar, Silence (Priest), Spell Lock, Strangulate

Taunt - Angered Earth, Challenging Howl, Challenging Roar, Challenging Shout, Dark Command, Death Grip, Distracting Shot, Growl (Druid), Hand of Reckoning, Mocking Blow, Righteous Defense, Taunt (Pet),Taunt (Warrior)

Banish, Charge, Cyclone, Hibernate, Entrapment, Scatter Shot, and Mind Control are on diminishing returns with themselves.