Marrowgar arc dps

When ICC first came out I was able to have a stacked proc ready for bone spikes but nowadays the dps has come up a bit and my procs can some times land on spikes with not enough health. I could just dps the boss but i'd rather show good dps on the boss and the spikes. I've glanced at a few log and seen some mages use blizzard and some dont. I've never tried using blizzard on this fight honestly. You could wait to proc your 2xT10 bonus and cast your blizzard. Have any other mages expericenced said dilemma?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Marrowgar arc dps

Yes, nowadays I dont even bother attacking bones unless they are on a hunter since they are mainly dead before i can cast my spells.

Same problem, usually i'm able to get one spell off if that.

I think its just progress. They used to take a bit of time and now, with better gear, they just don't stand a chance.

EDIT: I'm thinking 10man, as i raid 10m strict. With that being said, it wouldn't waste time casting blizzard on them in 10m.

Just AoE them. I usually spam Arcane Explosion as soon as the spawn then back to single target dps on the boss as they get low. You'll be AoEing four targets so it won't hamper your dps and you get to put damage on the boss and the spikes. Hunters are the only pain in the ass that interrupt this flow.

I just attack them in the storm phase. Heroic, obviously. I hit them in 10man all the time, though.

I always cast a hasted MB AM on them. No reason not too.

What I do, as an Arcane Mage is to stack 4 AB and use MBAM on it.
    Zepstah @ Shattered Hand EU

15+ Year Old Account

depends on whether or not you have access to pushback protection. if not, then your DPS will be lolfunny.
    BfA Beta Time

^

I think someone didn't really read the question!

15+ Year Old Account

there really isn't a question being asked in there.

to paraphrase: i used to get procs on spikes, now i dont. i see some mages using blizzard, others don't. has anyone else had this problem?
    BfA Beta Time

I used to cast on bone spikes, as others have stated, with gear levels now though, the melee incidental cleave kills them before I have a chance to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by mnjiman
    I always cast a hasted MB AM on them. No reason not too.
    this. when u see him casting bonespike thing just save your MB procc and then throw AM on the spike.. instant win..

My guild just stacks up behind him. We just aoe it down. I can usually get 2-3 AE before they are gone. If they are spread out during bonestorm, depending on how many people are near by and Marrowgar's location, I will either arcane barrage,FB, or just cast arcane blast. Yea, your procs may happen during that time which could affect your dps, but remember, most bosses in ICC arent DPS races. Its about doing the right thing, in this case switching targets and getting your raid down from the spikes.

in heroic 25 i only dps the spikes in the bone storm, arcane loses too much dps for it to be worth switching

Quote Originally Posted by Gobber
    in heroic 25 i only dps the spikes in the bone storm, arcane loses too much dps for it to be worth switching
    That's what every class says when it comes to switching. Arcane mages are build for quick target switching and good burst. Don't be lazy

Deleted

ICC25.
    I've always used blizzard to get down the 3 spikes (when ppl are stacked right, and my blizzard will hit all 4 targets)
    Havent thought about the 2xt10 bonus and the haste "buff". With this active, its even more pew pew!
    Well I used Blizzard before and i really think it paid of, but today when ppl are faster to the spikes and more dps, i've actually started to single dps them, favourably with a mBarr, but you cant rely to rng.
    Sure after the mBaar, you could throw that hasted blizzard in, but the spikes are usually down at this point..

Changing targets loses dps?

What do you do?
    Stop casting, meticulously make sure you selected the spike with the most hp, click it then cast?

of course not, you hit tab between queuing spells, which takes hundredths of seconds.

or you can be awesome and just AE spam the crap out of them. 4xab AE crits for lots'n'lots.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

Think im going to go with some of the mages whom are saying just to not dps them at all. I tried using blizzard but was only able to get a few ticks off is just a waste of mana. Theres no point in dps'ing them if your arcane spec in 25 man unless they arent in the appropriate position. The guild im currently in is pushing LK so herioc 25 man isnt out of the reach so i do appreciate your guy's strat on how do deal with certain situations.

Been also fine tuning my fire spec and customizing a sweet ui with power auras for procs and timers similar to arctans LUI which was posted here quite some time ago. If anyone has some sweet fire setups with power auras post your links.