Festergut and Vile Gases

So this Tuesday we did Festergut, and I started out in the center as I usually do. Two people then died from Vile Gas in the beginning of the fight, and I ran out to substitute for one of them. I was the only person to run out, and there were a total of 9 people who got vile gas on the logs. Is it possible that the max number ISN'T 8 outside of melee range, or did we just get lucky? The people died about 30 seconds in, so that's a pretty long time to not accidentally target a melee. I'd post the logs if I could, but our raid leader made them private.

Re: Festergut and Vile Gases

I"m sorry but i have no idea what your refering to.

In 25 man if you don't have at least 8 or more people at range it can target a melee. End of story.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

When we have attempted him we have enerally had at least 9 ppl at range usually 10 just cos of mass numbers of ranged in raids. This has worked fine for us in terms of vile gass by splitting it into two groups of 5 to either side of the door and marking one person in each group as the one everyone should collaspse onto for spores, this also makes it easier when ppl have to run out to give spores to ranged or into melee, however now i've more than answered whati believe o are asking.
    Although I'm not totally sure if you only need 8 we have always run with about 9 / 10 out in ranged and its worked fine for vile gas.

I didn't know what I was saying was so complicated ...I'm just saying, we had 7 people outside for a majority of the fight, and the vile gas never hit the melee.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leshya
    I didn't know what I was saying was so complicated ...I'm just saying, we had 7 people outside for a majority of the fight, and the vile gas never hit the melee.
    the rng gods love you /thread
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity