Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Priests Representing, Lich King Pwnt

So, Paragon just killed Lich king 25 Man Heroic Mode with one of each kind of priest spec and no resto druids. What are peoples thoughts on this?

Can anyone think up special reasoning for this? Resto druids just not very useful for the Lich King fight?
    May be missing something obvious here but think this could be a good discussion.

Also how does everyone think about the current state of priests in relation to druids regardless of specific fight mechanics?
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Re: Priests Representing, Lich King Pwnt

There were no mages either, no mages at all. Are they not useful for the Lich King?

Welcome to the priest forum mate.

10+ Year Old Account

The fact that one guild killed a hard mode without specific classes doesn't means anything, if Ensidia kills LK with mage and druid but no DKs what that would mean? Nothing, raid setup seized to exist with the WoTLK.

And stop trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

A very talented group of people downed a very difficult boss.

Fire is very nice for LK, Rdruids excel at transition phases and cushion Infests.

You're reading too much into it.

Edit: or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Resto druids just not very useful for the Lich King fight?

This is correct. A priest is FAR better at handling defile than a druid is, and with defile being the largest source of 'AoE' damage outside of loltransition phases, druids spends alot of time overhealing or burning mana single targetting healing. But if a druid is going to be single target healing so much, why not bring a stronger single target healer in the first place? Lets not forget the resto shaman, who picks up an slack the priests aren't able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis
    with defile being the largest source of 'AoE' damage outside of loltransition phases
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    The fact that one guild killed a hard mode without specific classes doesn't means anything, if Ensidia kills LK with mage and druid but no DKs what that would mean? Nothing, raid setup seized to exist with the WoTLK.

And stop trolling.
    Somehow I find that hard to believe after 2(or 3?) weeks of tries by now...

PS : Resto shaman is there for heroism, same warrior is there for sunders.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

I find it very hard to believe that the guild that first downed the encounter, known to be relentless min-maxers didn't chose their raid composition very carefully.

130 tries and they didn't bother planning out the best raid setup possible? These people are the best in the world are you retarded?

Also on the shamans, they've chosen resto shaman, because of the single target burst they need sometimes(resto druid in my guild says he felt useless throughout the fight in normal), they don't need enhancement when they have frost dks, and certainly they won't nerf their raid bringing an elemental shaman.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel
    Also on the shamans, they've chosen resto shaman, because of the single target burst they need sometimes(resto druid in my guild says he felt useless throughout the fight in normal), they don't need enhancement when they have frost dks, and certainly they won't nerf their raid bringing an elemental shaman.
    Your resto druid is bad. Nourish is one of the most powerful flash heals in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    Your resto druid is bad. Nourish is one of the most powerful flash heals in the game...
    Care to develop that idea of yours?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Care to develop that idea of yours?
    There was actually a huge HPS discussion over at EJ Priest forums there other day about output among the different classes. It's pretty much true.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    There was actually a huge HPS discussion over at EJ Priest forums there other day about output among the different classes. It's pretty much true.
    What i disagree with is Nourish being..let's say more powerful than a simple flash of light or holy light - given that HL has same cast time as Nourish with enough haste and HL is vwery sustainable unlike Nourish, why would one favor ( in terms of efficient raiding ) take a resto druid over a paladin healer.

Paragon's choice of healers reflects this....
    They got NO resto druids, and almost all healers are paladins. Makes you wonder.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    What i disagree with is Nourish being..let's say more powerful than a simple flash of light or holy light - given that HL has same cast time as Nourish with enough haste and HL is vwery sustainable unlike Nourish, why would one favor ( in terms of efficient raiding ) take a resto druid over a paladin healer.

Paragon's choice of healers reflects this....
    They got NO resto druids, and almost all healers are paladins. Makes you wonder.
    There's a difference between devaluing Rdruids and valuing Hpallies

A very talented group of people downed a very difficult boss.

Fire is very nice for LK, Rdruids excel at transition phases and cushion Infests.

You're reading too much into it.

Edit: or trolling.
    Yes, I'm sure the guild that got world first Lich King 25 Heroic just took whoever they liked into the raid, giving no thought to class composition.

maybe there were no mages or resto druids online at that time? it happens you know..
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    Yes, I'm sure the guild that got world first Lich King 25 Heroic just took whoever they liked into the raid, giving no thought to class composition.
    Is that what I said? There seems to be rampant assumptions that because one guild downed H LK and they didn't have a spec in there means it's horrible for the fight and simply isn't viable to bring in. That's not the case.

Is that what I said? There seems to be rampant assumptions that because one guild downed H LK and they didn't have a spec in there means it's horrible for the fight and simply isn't viable to bring in. That's not the case.
    Lol no no nooo..

you aremissing the point here.
    I play such a resto druid and i CAN SEE i am nearly useless in my 10 man LK fight.
    The paladin is doing fine and a resto shaman could EASILY do my job ten times over. Damage on LK comes in heavy spikes not steady aoe dmg...and interphases is not enough to justify a spot in the raid , resto shamans can deal with that too.

For the sake of progression i even considered telling my raid leader to replace me with a shaman.

Also i am not devaluing Rdruid.I am pointing out the strong and weak points of each class.
    Paladins can maintain single target healing better than druid ( check )
    Resto druids can maintain aoe blanket healing better than paladin ( check ).

10+ Year Old Account

That's 10 man, not 25 H LK. They're different.