Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Priests Representing, Lich King Pwnt

Here is the Raid Comp:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Every Buff, classes with Dots, and healers that can heal a lot in a very short amount of time. That is a pretty good raid.

Some mod/admin wanna move this to General and change the title to something more appropriate please? Doesn't seem to be much talk of Priests in here but there is decent discussion
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    The fact that one guild killed a hard mode without specific classes doesn't means anything, if Ensidia kills LK with mage and druid but no DKs what that would mean? Nothing, raid setup seized to exist with the WoTLK.

And stop trolling.
    Yogg+0 requiring a ton of aflliction locks for a little while says hi

also Resto Druids are pretty useless on the fight. Except the transition phase we really can't do to much healing if you consider a disc priest spamming shields for infest

a disc priest is more than essential in any 25 man raid. and only have 1 shaman, wich they totally need for lust, and paladin are pretty good in this fight so it left 1 last spot for either resto druid or holy priest, maybe thats just how they roll

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel
    Somehow I find that hard to believe after 2(or 3?) weeks of tries by now...

PS : Resto shaman is there for heroism, same warrior is there for sunders.
    Resto shaman is also there for spellhast totem.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

LK is not a fight with extensive raid damage. It's about coordination and DPS. It's really not that surprising that they went with that healing setup and it's not that surprising that they only brought 5 healers. You could swap the Holy Priest with a Resto Druid, but the issue really is that Infest prefers instant healing, so a Holy Priest does a better job on this fight. Keep in mind also what their Paladins are actually going to be doing. They are not always cross-healing tanks with a beacon on one spamming the other. When Infest comes up they drop HL onto melee/ranged (one on each) o splash the HL glyph onto them. The Priest PoH/CoHs and the Shaman tosses CH. It's a perfect setup for the fight. The Shaman is taken specifically for Mana Tide.

As far as the DPS Comp? Also very good. The Balance Druid is there because of the Starfall change and to give an extra battle rez. The Ret Paladins are there for AOE stuns. The used 2 Frost DKs for more AOE burst than Unholy puts out. And so on and so on. Even their tank setup is perfect for the encounter. They thought a lot about this. They used Warlocks over Mages because Warlocks have a distinct advantage over every class on that fight, especially during the hardest part, which is P2. Only one Rogue is Mutilate purely for the debuff. Rogues are combat so they can blow cooldowns on Val'kyr. The only person there who is really replaceable is one of the Marks Hunters. Probably taken just because they're a really good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu
    maybe there were no mages or resto druids online at that time? it happens you know..
    I really don't think that's a problem for a guild like paragon...

No resto druids because you REALLY need fast healing on the lich king. Hots just don't cut it. Druids are very weak on burst healing, and conversely weak on the lich king as a result.

Disc priest because bubbles counter infest. Disc is really OP on lich king.

Double paladin due to being amazing tank healers, PLUS spot healing to heal up spike damage, which is very important if the discpriest missed an infest. There really isn't a lot of aoe damage going on, except in the transition phases.

Shaman because of bloodlust and fast smart raidhealing.

Holypriest because of Body and Soul on defile targets, Guardian Spirit and the holypriest offering pretty good raidhealing in the transition phases. In phase 1, the holypriest can also handle the dispelling, something the discpriest shouldn't really have to do because he's busy shielding. Then again, a paladin tank could also cleanse.

--

At least that's how I see the setup reasoning.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Finally decent replies.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

I'm amazed that no one has pointed out yet that resto druids absolutely fail if the rng gods decide to entomb them in Frostmourne. Unless you're a tauren, resto druids have absolutely no way to interrupt or dispel Soul Rip from being cast on Terenas. Even then.. if your war stomp misses and fails to interrupt the cast, you're pretty much screwed. In a fight like the heroic version, I wasn't surprised in the slightest to see that they didn't take one along.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    I'm amazed that no one has pointed out yet that resto druids absolutely fail if the rng gods decide to entomb them in Frostmourne. Unless you're a tauren, resto druids have absolutely no way to interrupt or dispel Soul Rip from being cast on Terenas. Even then.. if your war stomp misses and fails to interrupt the cast, you're pretty much screwed. In a fight like the heroic version, I wasn't surprised in the slightest to see that they didn't take one along.
    Never played a Druid? HoT Terenes, shift to Bear Form and Bash. If that misses shift to cat form, Rake once, then Maim. It has nothing to do with the Shadowmourne room. It has everything to do with Infest.

I want an Interrupt that's not Arcane Torrent, considering it's already used on cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Not reading all page two, but just to point out a few reasons why certain classes/specs were not bought.

1. No mages as the fight has heavy movement especially in the later two phases, and as we know mages suffer alot when moving. From what i understand there mage CL sat himself out so that he could bring his lock. (I may be wrong but this is what I've heard)

2. No resto druids because theres no reason to bring one. The paladins keep the tank up fulltime, the disc priest bubbles the raid and im assume the holy heals whatever the disc doesnt get. The holy priest has larger burst healing than a druid and i would assume thats why there more valuable. The r.shaman was there for heroism as far as i'm aware, or at least to cover melee.

3. Its the hardest encounter ever in WoW according to Paragon. I'm sure that the raid group was closely monitored and set up in this way, i don't think they just didn't bring a certain class/spec cause they forgot about it or felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I want an Interrupt that's not Arcane Torrent, considering it's already used on cooldown.
    Dispel Terenes. It has the exact same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    3. Its the hardest encounter ever in WoW according to Paragon. I'm sure that the raid group was closely monitored and set up in this way, i don't think they just didn't bring a certain class/spec cause they forgot about it or felt like it.
    Hardest encounter that didn't have to be hot fixed to make it possible, anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Hardest encounter that didn't have to be hot fixed to make it possible, anyway. :P
    Oh man, that brings back some memories.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Damage on LK comes in heavy spikes not steady aoe dmg...
    Good way to put it, this is exactly why both Priest Healing specs and Holly Pallies are amazing for LK.

Can it be done with the classes/specs not represented in the kill? I really wouldn't doubt it.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

As others said, I wasn't surprised to see they didn't have a resto Druid when only bringing five healers because a Holy Priests tools of PoH and CoH are far more useful for handling Infest than what a Druid has available. I haven't tried LK on HM yet, but at least in normal, the Disc Priest usually has around 2-3 groups covered with PWS and can follow with a BT-hasted PoH on another group, and I can cover the roughly two with a pre-casted PoH and CoH. So, when done correctly, the Infest ought to be essentially gone in less than 1 GCD. Also as mentioned, as the Holy Priest I generally cover the dispels in P1, which is something Druids can't do either.

I imagine we'll probably see a Druid in one of the upcoming kills, especially with the 10% buff probably coming in on Tuesday.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Fire is very nice for LK, Rdruids excel at transition phases and cushion Infests.
    Yet you still miss the point and you wear the kingslayer in your sig like you have any clue about heroic.

My guess why there were no mages used in the kill is because arcane mages just can't really keep their mana up for 15 mins while doing max dps. But, thats just my guess dont flame me.

Paragon pretty clearly said that they actually miscalculated, and if any class was really being sidelined, it was shamans of both DPS specs. They didn't bring a mage because they -thought- it would be slightly below and not allow them to make the enrage, but after killing it, realized that they were in error, and said that they could have brought a mage and still done it, implying that they most likely will.