Corehound getting stuck in Ring of Valor

I'd guess around 50% of the time when the match starts my corehound refuses to leave the little square elevator. It's like he can't path over the edge for some reason. If I start spamming 'follow' he'll eventually release and run to me. Is this a known issue or is my corehound just stupid? I've never had a problem with a wolf or crab so maybe it's some sort of collision issue with the corehound model?

I've also noticed it will sometimes get stuck upon dismounting in bg's. It will spawn as soon as I dismount but won't respond to any commands for maybe 4-5 seconds. I haven't noticed this with any other pets.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Corehound getting stuck in Ring of Valor

This happens with all hunter pets. Its really annoying. I don't know why blizzard haven't fixed this, it been a problem since it was created.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Happens to my spider as well. It happens because you get in combat before it's off the elevator, it's an incredibly annoying bug. Spamming follow or passive fixes it, but it's something that seriously needs to be fixed. It's hard to properly do my job in those crucial starting seconds of the match when the fuckin' pet is bugged because of the arena elevator!

Quote Originally Posted by Antillar
    I'd guess around 50% of the time when the match starts my corehound refuses to leave the little square elevator. It's like he can't path over the edge for some reason. If I start spamming 'follow' he'll eventually release and run to me. Is this a known issue or is my corehound just stupid? I've never had a problem with a wolf or crab so maybe it's some sort of collision issue with the corehound model?

I've also noticed it will sometimes get stuck upon dismounting in bg's. It will spawn as soon as I dismount but won't respond to any commands for maybe 4-5 seconds. I haven't noticed this with any other pets.
    Mount up, pet obviously on passive and run straight off the box while flaring where you're supposed to or doing what you need to. If it gets stuck go within range of it and bash your follow button until it comes off.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

i just dismiss my pet before the battle starts.... and call it when it has started

Same for warlock pets. Just press your follow button a few times and he teleports to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    i just dismiss my pet before the battle starts.... and call it when it has started
    This. I haven't had any problems just waiting to call my pet until I'm off the elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    Yeah.... Do that and any half intelligent team will mow your pet down when you recall it with less than half HP.

Dont say "well your healer can throw a quick heal on it and top it off". 50% of the time the match has already started and either you or your team mates are taking damage in which case healing your team mate > pet. Or blizzard could just do their job and fix a bug that has been around since Wotlk has been out.

Quote Originally Posted by alkaline
    Yeah.... Do that and any half intelligent team will mow your pet down when you recall it with less than half HP.

Dont say "well your healer can throw a quick heal on it and top it off". 50% of the time the match has already started and either you or your team mates are taking damage in which case healing your team mate > pet. Or blizzard could just do their job and fix a bug that has been around since Wotlk has been out.
    If you're running with a healer that has hots you can hot up your pet before you dismiss it. When you resummon your pet it'll still have full buffs including all the hots that normally get removed as arena's start. I guess if you're running with something other than priest or druid it could be a problem but hey no strategy is perfect.

OK I'm going to be loyal to the "hunter brotherhood" and tell you all what to do. When the elevator is about to reach the top you get to see your opponents on Gladius so target someone quick and use a pet ability (I use a crab so I use claw or something like that). Since I'm already starved for binds I click this crap since its just one time b4 the match starts. Using this ability will teleport your pet to the opponents elevator b4 it reaches the top and "unstuck" your pet. I instantly call it back so it won't get wotlk'd but usually my opponents are so confused by it they don't even target it b4 we actually reach the top and I call it back. Up to this point my pet hasn't been killed because of it.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Most fail Arena ever. Most of the time, I cant stealth with my Durid (Google 'Durid') in a Stealth Team becouse a Death Tard of a Hunter will spam the platform and find our entire team when it starts. Let alone the fact my pets Pathfinding sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Most fail Arena ever. Most of the time, I cant stealth with my Durid (Google 'Durid') in a Stealth Team becouse a Death Tard of a Hunter will spam the platform and find our entire team when it starts. Let alone the fact my pets Pathfinding sucks.
    LoL I hate that arena but I do find most stealthies when the platform just reaches the top.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy