Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Power Word: Shield design (visual effect)

Quote Originally Posted by aGit
    Well considering how many more problems there are in the game at the moment, the visual effects of a spell is hardly at the top of their to do list. and who knows, they could fuck it up really bad if they touched it, see the new dispersion for reference.

So i'm going to have to go with my previous statement, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
    Um. I don't care myself, but the people who do the spell effect graphics aren't the ones who fix the "many problems in the game" unless the problem in question is an unsatisfactory aesthetic for a spell effect.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Re: Power Word: Shield design

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    I care a lot about design, but PW:S is awesome. Just increase Disc's Single target HPS to make them a viable tank healer.

(in b4 PvP ruins PvE content)
    uh, are you joking?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by spinky
    uh, are you joking?
    Can you be more specific with your sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Can you be more specific with your sarcasm?
    reference to your statement on making disc a viable tank healer... thats about all they do... or at least good ones

reference to your statement on making disc a viable tank healer... thats about all they do... or at least good ones
    Shoo, troll. Go away.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    If spells' impact your FPS by that much, you should then lower the quality inside the settings. Then a Sacred Shield and PW:S designs wouldn't make a difference in terms of taking FPS from your FPS.
    Honestly what was the point of this thread?
    I don't see anything constructive coming from it :S

10+ Year Old Account

No, Disc is not a viable tank healer in current content. This has been acknowledged by GC several times and is widely known. Can they help out? Yeah. Can they even come close to the single and double target HPS output of a Holy Pally? Nope. Disc Priests are primarily Raid Bubbling and spot healing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Shoo, troll. Go away.
    My favorite comment

Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony
    Honestly what was the point of this thread?
    I don't see anything constructive coming from it :S
    Read the first post. To hear if people were having same opinions as me in terms of visual effects in game looking similar in quality. That was the idea. But the results isnt good no.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think the FPS would be a big issue on improving the PW:S graphic.
    But.. making the shield say like sacred shield/anti-magic shell (or anything like it) I think that with a disc priest having 6-8 shields up would be really distracting.

Personally I think the shield should be subtle cause of what I mentioned above.
    So with that philosophy in mind I think blizzard created a perfect shield graphic/animation.
    They could however make it lighten up/brighten or just 'explode' a little every time we take damage. That would be cool

People need to upgrade their computers already. :P

WoW is soooo light on resources that it's silly at this point. They need to stop with the sprite based graphics and 2d graphics, it's not saving much in the way of resources at all. That's why the jewelry on new Druid forms is weird. Go get a T8 Priest helm and set your camera to a birds eye view. The little bauble on the front is a 2d sprite and follows the camera around. Some ToC gear also did this. That type of short cut doesn't save much on resources at all. Hopefully we'll see some improvements in Cata.

Then again there's also no excuse for the way AOE spells work right now. Specifically Hurricane. Now that can crash a system. Not cool.

I want Guardian Spirit to be a 3d effect as well.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iLive

Read the first post. To hear if people were having same opinions as me in terms of visual effects in game looking similar in quality. That was the idea. But the results isnt good no.
    I love the current one, and would honestly be kinda sad if they replace it.

Isnt it suposed to be your soul that is pulled out of your body to absorb damage or somthing like that? It would be cooler if it looked more soul like and less like a bubble. We need to get away from pallys and their bubbles.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".