AV Imbalances and new BG Suggestion for Blizz

[size=10pt]This will be a long post about the imbalances in AV and a few other things, please dont troll the post or comment on my use of shorthand or some things i may misspell, i want to hear every1s opinion on what i have to say on how to fix AV.[/size]

Well as many ppl know here there are many things wrong with how AV works atm. AV is not even PVP anymore. I just did 1 about an hour ago and lost due to zerg in about 4 mins and I think i got about 15HKs. Now here comes the list of things wrong with AV and possible fixes for them right after.

1-Zerg- The zerg tactic ruins the whole thing cuz now everyone tries it instead of actually doing PVP. FIX- I think Blizz should give the "final" bosses in AV about 10mill HP to scale it better according to the gear ppl have nowadays, Blizz should also give all the NPCs in the final room MASSIVE power and AOEs to kill ppl that still try and zerg so that the more towers that teams take the weaker they will be and that way ppl will work on taking towers and GYs and be forced to defend and actually PVP.

2-Towers and their guards- With all the Alliance towers the guards can shoot the players while they try and take the towers and in the final base the Alliance guards can shoot you as you take the final flag but on Horde side they cant reach that far. On the Horde side towers if the Allys get in the room the guards cant hit them and in the Horde base the tower guards cant hit players taking the final GY. Also the Tower Guards are way to weak, there HP needs to scaled up more for the current gear to make them a little harder. FIX- i would like to see a open area around the Horde Towers so the guards can see and hit the ppl taking it or have the guards able to move and chase them to hit them while they try and take the tower so that they have to be killed and would be to hard on alliance and horde side to kill alone requiring a healer or a few ppl killing them all.

3-Bring back the old AVs- I loved it back when it was be a full turtle and ppl would try and bring out the BIG summons to help there team out. I think ppl nowadays would love to see the summoners scaled to be able to make it there unless most of the other team work to kill them. And i think if it is possible to summon them again that they should be scaled to be as hard now with the gear we have now as they were back then when ppl would actually do it. Make it eventful so that they can be summoned and a long 1-2 hour AV with short Ques would be so amazing to have back and get alot of honor in the meantime just having fun killing other players not rushing to kill NPCs.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]AND NOW FOR THE SUGGESTION FOR A NEW BG THAT PPL THAT LOVE TO PVP WOULD LOVE TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/size]

Give us something like the Nagrand arena area where is just a big area with the pillers. But i think make the area MUCH larger without the pillers. Make it a 40man BG with reinforcements like in AV but make it like 400 and have it with just 2 starting areas (1 for each side) and after the match starts you cant go back in. I think it would be fun to have an all out PVP match of 40v40 in the middle of the ring and have it so that every kill a reinforcement is lost but a healer can rez the person if they get a chance and the team would get a reinforcement back for the rez. But also make it big enough so ppl could sit back and heal or rez there pet or something as well to take a rest if needed. But im pretty sure all ppl that LOVE to PVP would love to just have a massive "Pit of Death" to pvp for a while in and see what team wins that way its a fair battle and would be fun. And it could be called something like "Pit of Death" or "Ring of Doom" or something along those lines.

Thanks to all the read this and leave comments on what you think and for putting up with my shorthand and prb a few spelling errors.

Re: AV Imbalances and new BG Suggestion for Blizz

Chances are that when cata comes out there will be new BGs, im thinking Azshara crater will be the one that replaces AV, if it hasnt been removed yet there is a video of it on youtube

AV is imbalanced in Alliance's favour. That's not news.
    Blizzards solution is to nerf horde further.

That's also not news. Just leave it be.
    And I'm alliance nowadays, again. But I still think it's stupid

Well this is just what i think is going to happen, you dont have to believe at all, but keep an open mind, i read somewhere (i think it was on the blizzcon website some time ago) and they said that along with battle of gilneas they were gonig to release 3 other bgs (looking for the site now atm not sure how many it was exactly) and i wouldnt think that blizz would keep the old BGs considering everything might change. But you never know, a lot of ppl thought Hyjal wouldn't be used but apparently it is going to be now

As to your "pit of death" idea, Hunters and mages are terrible enough with LoS, I don't want to deal with having to get nuked from 41 yards away while not being able to do anything about it except pray for a healer to stop keeping themself up long enough to toss me an instant cast.
    I tell you what though. The next time your little sister loses her dolly in the neighbor's yard, and he punches her in the throat, don't call the cops. He has a sign on his lawn that says "this is a PvP lawn, noob, gtfo lol". ~Fenixdown

Quote Originally Posted by Telmenari
    As to your "pit of death" idea, Hunters and mages are terrible enough with LoS, I don't want to deal with having to get nuked from 41 yards away while not being able to do anything about it except pray for a healer to stop keeping themself up long enough to toss me an instant cast.
    well mages and hunters on the other team could take care of them or ballsy melee and can make it thought the front lines=p i just think it would be really fun to have a pure PVP BG

Flaw with this is that you don't like the zerg and want to prevent it, but there is an achivement for it. If horde have 5 people down there, and the boss has 10 million health, and strong abilites, that achivement would be insanely difficult unless you had a premade.
    And although I did LOVE old AV, sitting in it for hours on end did get boring sometimes...
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Shekky
    1-Zerg
    Any changes would ruin The Alterac Blitz, Master of Alterac Valley and Battlemaster achievements.

Play defense and wipe your opponents at the boss. This will create longer matches and more PvP.

2-Towers and their guards- With all the Alliance towers the guards can shoot the players while they try and take the towers
    You're standing in the wrong spot. Use use the pillars, remove line of site from the archers and cap the flag.

and in the final base the Alliance guards can shoot you as you take the final flag
    You're standing in the wrong spot. Stand on the graveyard side of the flag, out of the range of the archers and cap the flag.

Also the Tower Guards are way to weak, there HP needs to scaled up more for the current gear to make them a little harder.
    Starter gear is still current, the lowest level of gear and the guards scale accordingly.

In short, AV is fine. There's still some things you need to learn.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shekky
    [font=Verdana][size=10pt][size=10pt][color=red]But im pretty sure all ppl that LOVE to PVP would love to just have a massive "Pit of Death" to pvp for a while in and see what team wins that way its a fair battle and would be fun. And it could be called something like "Pit of Death" or "Ring of Doom" or something along those lines.
    Lol you mean Idiot Pit?