can someone explain TTW to me?

By the term TTW im assuming it is for the talent torment the weak, now it says it increases damage on stunned snared targets but im confused to how this talent actually works for arcane or fire spec. can someone take this and put it into how exactly this talent gives its full benefit? The fashion in how its used for both fire and arcane?

Re: can someone explain TTW to me?

Quote Originally Posted by jonqpublic
    By the term TTW im assuming it is for the talent torment the weak, now it says it increases damage on stunned snared targets but im confused to how this talent actually works for arcane or fire spec. can someone take this and put it into how exactly this talent gives its full benefit? The fashion in how its used for both fire and arcane?
    As far as I know, any type of speed reduction, i.e., thunder clap, judgments of the just (I think it is) will slow the target. Whenever you attack a target under one of these effects, you'll do additional damage (within the bounds of the talents, as in, only the spells it applies to). If that's not right, I'm sure somebody will correct me..
    Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    I know everyone else is too lazy so whenever I run voa I just tricks the highest melee dps every cooldown. And I don't even have the set boner. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc
    Hang on, you were going to make a class that you never see the race as with one of the new races, and then decide not to because you'll actually see aforementioned new race? Make does this sense not.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

What is "TTW"?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55340

"snared or slowed targets" from the talent.

Every tank class puts up an attack speed slow, so this talent will always be active in a group since the tanks put this up, otherwise Arcane can use Slow or Frost naturally keeps it up with any of their chill spells.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

thanks for the quick responses this puts it into better retrospec for me. now i just need to figure out how to get over 6.5 k sustained dps in raids.

with magic! ;D

TTW will be up all the time in a raid aslong as you have a tank.

The target dont have to be slowed for this talent to work since all know you can't slow a boss but you can have the spell that slows on a boss. So it will always work even thou a boss wont be slowed.

Hope this makes any sence
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!

Paladins: Judgements of the Just (automatically up 100%)
    Bears: That bleedy thing
    DKs: Icy thingy
    Warriors: Thunderclap
    ???
    Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsee
    TTW will be up all the time in a raid aslong as you have a tank.

The target dont have to be slowed for this talent to work since all know you can't slow a boss but you can have the spell that slows on a boss. So it will always work even thou a boss wont be slowed.

Hope this makes any sence
    To be exact, the movement speed of bosses cannot be slowed, but the tank debuffs are still applied because they also slow melee attacks. In the same manner, Frostfire Bolts debuff can be applied to any target because of the dot component and enables the TTW effect even if the slowing component isn't working.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    with magic! ;D
    that comment made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    Paladins: Judgements of the Just (automatically up 100%)
    Bears: That bleedy thing
    DKs: Icy thingy
    Warriors: Thunderclap
    ???
    Profit!
    In addition: check the debuff list for those effects. I frequently have to remind warriors to thunderclap for example.
    It's a bit worse with paladins (their slow is not listed; a judgement debuff is the same as non-tanks) and bears (their snare is a talent... and some simply don't take it). And easier with DKs - any DK will put his one up.

Good Warriors Thunderclap all the time.

Paladins, however, do keep theirs up, Tluraxle. Even if your Prot judges Light, and your Ret judges Light ontop of it, you gain both Heart of the Crusader (3% crit) and the Judgements of the Just (Melee slow effect). And cats that play bear don't talent it.

Bears that play bear, do, simply because apart from crit-immunity, those talents are the Single. Most. Damage. Reducing. Talent Spread. Period.

Spending 3 talent points to drop most boss damage by how much? Yeah. Terrible bears think a big ass is all that mitigates damage. Good ones know better than that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Tluraxle
    In addition: check the debuff list for those effects. I frequently have to remind warriors to thunderclap for example.
    It's a bit worse with paladins (their slow is not listed; a judgement debuff is the same as non-tanks) and bears (their snare is a talent... and some simply don't take it). And easier with DKs - any DK will put his one up.
    The Judgements of the Just debuff actually has a seperate Icon to the Judgement debuff. It looks like another Judgement of Light.

Bears who don't take the talent better have a damn good explanation for the same reason I rip on the paladin tanks who don't have JotJ.

I haven't yet been in a situation with my mage where a raid boss HASN'T had TTW applied.

15+ Year Old Account

Wait, so non-DK / warrior tanks have to take talents in their trees in order to apply a slowing debuff? Shows how much I know about other tanks. Of course, as a warrior you have Thunder clap as a key skill and can improve it through talents; in the same vein, DKs have Frost fever as a default skill, which is a tank's main disease application.

You will find that TtW is a necessary skill for arcane and fire mages to take; even in heroics it will be applied during fights.

Just don't forget to apply Focus Magic to another caster for added benefit.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Wait, so non-DK / warrior tanks have to take talents in their trees in order to apply a slowing debuff? Shows how much I know about other tanks. Of course, as a warrior you have Thunder clap as a key skill and can improve it through talents; in the same vein, DKs have Frost fever as a default skill, which is a tank's main disease application.

You will find that TtW is a necessary skill for arcane and fire mages to take; even in heroics it will be applied during fights.

Just don't forget to apply Focus Magic to another caster for added benefit.
    In fact, most DK's will apply frost fever either way (frost does more damage on affected targets and unholy focus on diseases, but blood probably won't bother), wether the melee slowing is improved or not isn't important for TtW.
    Also, even frost mages will spec TtW. It's just too good to pass up for any mage.