What spec for leveling with Dungeon finder?

What's a good spec for just grinding dungeon finder? All I could find was solo questing specs, and raid specs.

Me and my brother are doing Recruit a Friend, and so far having a blast leveling up with the dungeon finder. The Warlock will be my third charter with RaF, so I understand that a DPS class might not be the fastest way to get into the dungeons finder.

Re: What spec for leveling with Dungeon finder?

Demo is pretty great but you can choose all spec for leveling. They are all good.

I wouldn't worry about spec too much, it's all about roles. Tanks and healers are garunteed to get dungeons more often but as long as you actually cause damage it won't be a problem.

Yeah, my RAF partner is a tank.

We already did: Tank and healer, Healer and DPS and now we are doing a Tank and DPS.

So, it comes down to Aff and Dest. How's the play style on each, and what has less threat for the tank?

Affliction is the way to go bro, Dot every mob and ur good to go and an aoe when needed. I remember RAFing with a Feral tank and me an affliction lock, had a blast! Lvled all the upto 80 in 3 days during the winter break xD

afflic is great until ~64, then, DEMO RULES ALL

not even joking, my Demo Lock did 3.6k dps in Underbog. with 3/3 lower meta cooldown, and the right spec, just do this: demonic empowerment - metamorphosis - send in felguard/charge - immolation aura - spam hellfire. sure, you'll get aggro, but thats what the 6% crit reduce and the 600% increase armor are for. with any decent healer they can keep you up, and with at least 400 spellpower you're guarenteed to do over 3k dps. mobs die in no time.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

I do not believe that affliction is a very good idea in leveling instances. Mobs just die too fast. You have to calculate so that you can do good damage to stuff that lives about 5 seconds, and as an affliction, you would only put up some dots, and maybe have them tick one time, before the mob is dead. For soloing, you simply would dot up everything around you, and watch it run to you and die.

Destro could be a good idea, especially since in instances, you will have a healer, and thus not have the problems with being oom all the time that a destro usually has while levelling. And demo might also be worth a try later on, when you can get meta.

15+ Year Old Account

Before the tank is 50: Destruction for single target damage (literally just curse of the elements then shadow bolt spam)
    After that: Whichever you enjoy the most.

Affliction requires a tank who can hold aoe threat, and unfortunately they just dont hit hard enough until around lvl 40-50 to make it worth while.
    Demo is most viable at 50+ due to molten core and decimation.

R.I.P. YARG

Destruction until 50+ like said before.

If you are decked out in heirlooms just Single Target Spam no really need for CoS or just RoF all down. The suggested Destructionbuild uses ofc your Imp to be a nice small maschinegun pew pew... remaining points after go in demo to push the imp if you stay destro in bc and wotlk.

Destruction untill the higher levels, then go Aff.

Thanks!

at level 35-40 destro becomes stronger than a frost mage for big AOE groups in my experience. With 100 SP I'll pull 600-700 DPS on AOE fights.

Some people are padding their numbers a bit I suspect. The damage you do on that one pull where you blow all cooldons isn't what the OP is interested in.

So what I will say is this, in mostly heirloom gear with Demonology spec I have being doing 1k-1.2k DPS per instance in outlands. Yeah, sometimes if you get a big pull and pop Immolation aura and all pet cooldowns it will spike way higher. To get this DPS all I do is send felguard, use demonic empowerment whenever its up and spam rain of fire. Its easy and pretty decent dps. Also for soloing and questing all I do is run around, dot everything I see and let the felguard finish them off, with a little practice and micromanaging of the felguard taunt you won't take any damage doing this.

Deleted

As for my personal experience, i went with Affliction to about 40, then i went with Destruction and i was having a blast all the way.

Destruction was the most fun spec i have played with, with an easy rotation and the dps is immense on both single and aoe packs, pushing all the way from 1k-1.6k dps at 64 and pushing on harder as i reached 70.

Note that i was mostly doing a random dungeon whille questing, but for warlocks i'd say any spec you prefer to play with is a spec for the dungeon finder, since warlocks are a pure dps class.

So in conclusion, play what you prefer to play since warlocks are a blast :P

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZZVbhqr0z

Is that a good starting off build for dest?

I'd say affliction. Most dps in lfg are terrible so your dots will actualy get to tick. Once you hit 40 get dual spec so you can have a destro spec for occasions when you get good dpsers.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spen
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZZVbhqr0z

Is that a good starting off build for dest?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZZEb0Vr0z
    Next points into Improved Immolate, Emberstorm, Conflagrate.

Cataclysm - Not enough mana saved at your level to make it worth while.
    Shadowburn - PVP burst button. Pads meters while leveling but doesnt contribute a significant portion of damage.

Edit: Post 3000, /cheer

R.I.P. YARG