Multi-Moonkin 5v5?

So with the massive overbuff Starfall just received (my moderately geared moonkin hits 40k on single target, 120-150k on multiple targets unbuffed), I was wondering about how that could be taken further advantage of in arena.

Yes, Starfall can be interrupted via CC. But what if you had 4 moonkin and say, oh, an ele shammy? The only way the opposing team is realistically going to stop more than 1 Starfall, or 2 at best, is if the moonkin stay close enough together to be caught by an AOE CC (fear, shadowfury, etc). With a 36' AOE effect, there's no reason to clump up too close. Heroism, 4 moonkin popping their Starfalls, a couple of them cycloning healers (or maybe not - might be enough to zerg them down anyway), and chain lightning/wrath spamming to supplement the Starfall. Oh and let's not forget a dozen trees, 5 capable off-healers, 4 tranquilities...

The mind boggles. Yeah, I'm sure it probably wouldn't work at high levels of competition, but it seems like it would be a blast! (never done arenas on my druid but this almost has me wanting to start).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Re: Multi-Moonkin 5v5?

Im assuming you have never seen a 5's team of multiboxed characters all doing the exact same thing at the exact same time

don't forget can typhoon to interrupt heals! and keep any melee class away for the whole match assuming you have 4 balance druids... not trying to see that team on blades edge >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I play both factions and theres not much difference, we're all idiots

have always wanted to try that!

I have done a 10 druid wsg before, nice mix of feral, resto, boom... was fun as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Uteric
    Lol , thats so imba

Imo, what would be fun if 2 holy paladins and 3 moonkins did 5's.

They all just starfall and the paladins chain Bubble Dsac. ^^,

1 shadowfury and fearbomb and say gbye to your starfall.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS
    1 shadowfury and fearbomb and say gbye to your starfall.
    Sure, if the moonkin all stay grouped together, which I said in the original post that they'd need to avoid. And with a 36 yard radius around the caster, they can spread out pretty well.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

ahhaha the trees alone can probably take someone out

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

everyone cyclone one enemy, and one of them roots a melee

LOAD OF STARFIRE

/roll to 2400
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Gimmick teams like that have never gone far. If they're actually coordinated, they might be able to hit 1800 but that depends on the battlegroup.

Belf. Again.

Obviously you've never played competitive 5s =P wouldnt stand a chance vs any half decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilia
    Gimmick teams like that have never gone far. If they're actually coordinated, they might be able to hit 1800 but that depends on the battlegroup.
    Not saying it would get to very high (2.2k etc) rating, but as a 'gimmick' team it's pretty strong. High armor, immune to polymorph, all able to off-heal, incredibly strong opening burst with powerful CC (though under heavy shared DR)... They'd be more highly dependent on narrowing their field of enemies in the first 10-15 seconds of a fight than most, but a well geared, well coordinated group could probably push pretty far taking advantage of (and properly deploying) the currently OP Starfall.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    Obviously you've never played competitive 5s =P wouldnt stand a chance vs any half decent team.
    Same was said about 5x shamans, and 5x hunters back in tbc right after they got buffed. We saw quiet a few of them in the upper ratings after that though.

That being said, It'd take an INSANE amount of coordination and skill. Boomkin is already one of the highest skill cap classes, finding 4 of them that are very good will be a challenge. A multi-box team, like ele shamans or hunters in tbc, might would work but would be ridiculously difficult to handle, to the point I'm not sure it's possible.

In short: Possible? maybe. Probable? Doubtful. The coordination, sheer skill requirement, and limitations are so high, It'd be very difficult to find 4 other boomkins capable of reaching high ratings.

15+ Year Old Account

a friend ran 4x moonkin 1x rsham yesterday, low ratings sure but it made for some fun stories. 3 players on the opposing team dying to initial starfall combo and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    a friend ran 4x moonkin 1x rsham yesterday, low ratings sure but it made for some fun stories. 3 players on the opposing team dying to initial starfall combo and such.
    SS or it didn't happen.

15+ Year Old Account

sure, here's SS for you.

Maybe you missed the part where it wasn't me, also, you can't screenshot something like that.