Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DK Help For My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    aren't most trolls 12 years old (at least mentally)?
    So now you're insulting 12 year olds? :P

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok I dont know alot about Frost Specc but I can still help you . (Assuming the PVP gear is his PVE gear)

1: Weapons are wrong. They are tank weapons I would advise replacing them with FOS heroic one handed axes. They seem to drop alot (Well for me anyway) that should boost his DPS a bit.

2: Gem for Epics . That improves your DPS a small bit but you will have a better reputation in PUGs too

3: Use a different meta socket . Use 21 agility and 3% crit damage and use a +10 all stats socket and pew pew strength.

4: Enchants . Much of his gear is unenchanted . The chest needs +10 all stats enchants . The cloak would be best with the Haste enchant or 23 Agility. He can get WG Enchants on his head and shoulders . 32 AP on his boots . An extra socket from the belt buckle on his belt. 44 AP enchant on his gloves.

5: The PVP gear has got to go. It reduces his Attack Power... Alot!. Try to deck yourself in T9 with enchants and appropriate gems . Look to spend frosts on things that you cannot buy with emblems . For example the 264 cloak or the 264 trinket (The Fury of the Five Flighs one) Try to get throught TOC 10 a few times and remember to do your random heroic every day.

I wish your son the best of luck in imprving himself to become a great raider
    Insert Signiture here.

alrighty, his gear seems to be fairly decent now (get a second nighttime and replace gleaming quel'serrar)

get a +10 all stats enchant on the chest
    i think its possible to add another socket to his belt with an "eternal belt buckle" for another 20 str gem in it.

also u want to put rune of the fallen crusader on your main hand weapon (higher chance to hit then your offhand for more uptime on the proc), and rune of razorice on the offhand (100% proc rate anyway)

so the only reason he struggeled with his dps seems to be a little bit low crit chance maybe and the fact he used tanking weapons for dps, well you are on the right path now

-Dream

Enchant the chest and get rid of thoose ressiliance pieces. Even though what he can get might be lower ilvl there'a huge amount of the itembudges spent on ressi so get some pve items.

Secondly, do not use wg head and shoulderenchant unless your pvping in the gear. Get ebon blade and Hodir rep enchant. Both which should be very easy to attain with the new badge for rep system.

I would also change the boot enchant, Tuskarr vitality is the only viable boot enchant as melee dps in my opinion.

Change metagem to relentless 21 agi and 3% critdmg. Socket STR STR STR after hitting hit and expcaps. If you socketbonus needs a yellow and that's better then 5 str, then socket either a str/crit gem or a str/haste gem

To meet the meta requirement you use a nightmare tear in your best blue socket, if you got no blue socket you use your best yellow.

He got no legenchant, that's alot of extra stats. Get that asap. No belt buckle for extra socket in the belt, get that too.

As soon as he gets his engineering up he should use the hastenchant on gloves and the cobalt bomb one on belt. Try weaving in thoose boms into his rotation.

If possible try changing to JC or BS instead.

And yeah, replace that quel as fast as possible.

Good luck and hope it works out.

Even though dropping the Ilevel of the gear unless he can get into a ToC25, I'd have him get t9 shoulders/head just for the 4-set bonus, because it will be more of a dps increase then what he has on now, and go for a 2h and let him go unholy, he will do more dps at his gear level then dw frost, atleast until he can get 2 245 1h's. The Unholy to me is a lot easier then dw to play as well, especially if he goes sub-frost without reaping, which I think that is his other spec. But if he likes the DW he can stick with it, what you need to find is a guild that runs alot of alts through 10 mans, that's what I did for my sons, and they'd drag them through on alt runs to help them gear up.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Ashenray

That's my armory and feel free to drop a msg here or in-game mail with any questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenray
    Even though dropping the Ilevel of the gear unless he can get into a ToC25, I'd have him get t9 shoulders/head just for the 4-set bonus, because it will be more of a dps increase then what he has on now, and go for a 2h and let him go unholy, he will do more dps at his gear level then dw frost, atleast until he can get 2 245 1h's. The Unholy to me is a lot easier then dw to play as well, especially if he goes sub-frost without reaping, which I think that is his other spec. But if he likes the DW he can stick with it, what you need to find is a guild that runs alot of alts through 10 mans, that's what I did for my sons, and they'd drag them through on alt runs to help them gear up.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Ashenray

That's my armory and feel free to drop a msg here or in-game mail with any questions...
    Wrong meta and change that str and stam gem to pure str.

Quote Originally Posted by Isvan
    4. If you can't Obliterate, Howling Blast.
    i get what you are trying to say, but this statement just made me rofl anyway
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    Wrong meta and change that str and stam gem to pure str.
    i was first going to say that if you have 2 big enough socket bonuses with 1 blue/0 yellow/X red, chaotic, NMT and one sovereign is sometimes usable.

but then i saw that he can't use them due to yellow sockets on those items, and that he is indeed best off gemming relentless + NMT