Thread: Video Settings

Video Settings

Hey!

I've been playing with low video settings for ~2 years. Everything was set at lowest, except for partical density and player textures.

I've always wanted to livestream, but I couldn't because when I started streaming my screen started to lagg too much. I just joined ICC 25 10 minutes ago, and am killing the adds right now. I turned partical density and player textures at low to see what would change, and I notice my screen laggs much less when I view the zone with my right mouse button?

Now, my question is, what do these 2 settings do? I am mainly arena-oriented, and will I miss out on a lot if I turn them off? Will I be able to livestream with less problems if I keep the settings like this?

Deleted

Re: Video Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Jr
    Hey!

I've been playing with low video settings for ~2 years. Everything was set at lowest, except for partical density and player textures.

I've always wanted to livestream, but I couldn't because when I started streaming my screen started to lagg too much. I just joined ICC 25 10 minutes ago, and am killing the adds right now. I turned partical density and player textures at low to see what would change, and I notice my screen laggs much less when I view the zone with my right mouse button?

Now, my question is, what do these 2 settings do? I am mainly arena-oriented, and will I miss out on a lot if I turn them off? Will I be able to livestream with less problems if I keep the settings like this?
    Particle Density changes the volume of the particles, either lower or higher.

Player textures smoothes out the players' characters IE. you have it on low, and you might see a few sharp edges on another character, if you set it to max the edge will be smooth and more "realistic"

And you most likely won't have any problems in arena by putting either of them on low.

Re: Video Settings

Actually the player textures effects the designs on the armor, weapons, buildings etc. (Think of a low quality image and a high quality image. The higher quality as sharper and more vibrant.)

When it comes to the edges of a character modeling in the game you're thinking of Multi-sampling (Same thing as Anti-Aliasing I think), the higher it is the smoother the models appear to be.