Ret: AGI vs STR cloaks

Hello,
    what's better for a pally dps: Winding Sheet or Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak ?

I know that theory-craft suggests that since AGI items have better itemization (less stamina, extra dps stat) they should be better for a pally, but I'm getting varied results from simulators.

Rawr: 9098 (str) vs 9105 (agi), agi wins
    Simc: 9531 (str) vs 9522 (agi), str wins

If in reality there is no difference in dps, extra 13 stamina from a STR cloak is at least useful sometimes, amirite?

I also heard that STR items will pull away from AGI items as you getting higher level gear (heroic ICC25), is that correct?

Re: Ret: AGI vs STR cloaks

Using AGI values that high to calculate anything is highly misleading. You can't have more than 100% on yellow attacks and you can't have more than 71.2% crit on white attacks. Obviously AGI will be less valuable if you can't gain any critical strike benefit from the stat.

Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak provides more DPS than Winding Sheet at all levels of ICC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedeep
    Using AGI values that high to calculate anything is highly misleading. You can't have more than 100% on yellow attacks and you can't have more than 71.2% crit on white attacks. Obviously AGI will be less valuable if you can't gain any critical strike benefit from the stat.
    Oh, it seems my post wasn't clear, apologies. Numbers referred are dps numbers from simulators for my toon with different cloaks.

Rawr: 9098 dps (with str cloak) vs 9105 dps (agi cloak), agi cloak wins
    Simc: 9531 dps (with str cloak) vs 9522 dps (agi cloak), str cloak wins

Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak provides more DPS than Winding Sheet at all levels of ICC gear.
    SimCraft results made me doubtful. It's quite long simulation with 10000 iterations and it's probably more precise than Rawr.

The agi cloak should provide more dps than the str cloak. The only way I see it not is if your unbuffsd character sheet is above 50% crit.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko
    Oh, it seems my post wasn't clear, apologies. Numbers referred are dps numbers from simulators for my toon with different cloaks.

Rawr: 9098 dps (with str cloak) vs 9105 dps (agi cloak), agi cloak wins
    Simc: 9531 dps (with str cloak) vs 9522 dps (agi cloak), str cloak wins

SimCraft results made me doubtful. It's quite long simulation with 10000 iterations and it's probably more precise than Rawr.
    Ah, OK. Then you've identified a problem with Simcraft's Retribution model.

personally, Id go with Rawr any way. but there are 2 things id like to point out.

1st. if you have one, dont bother with the other unless its a heroic upgrade.

2nd. as much as AGi items are nice for Ret...4.0 isn't THAT far away. and then thats it for agil items.

Generally agi stuff is better for us at this teir.

Just do the math, if you'll end up with more attackpower and crit with an agi cloak then a str one, guess which one you should take?

Just have fun when cataclysm hits and half your gear no longer provides attack power. ><

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    Generally agi stuff is better for us at this teir.

Just do the math, if you'll end up with more attackpower and crit with an agi cloak then a str one, guess which one you should take?

Just have fun when cataclysm hits and half your gear no longer provides attack power. ><
    You'll still beable to blow up any 81-86 mobs in a few GCDs, unless we get a new rotation/ramp-up/DPS change.

15+ Year Old Account

not like you cant stock Str gear in your bank until 4.0