Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowed Unit Frames 3D portrait high resolution help.

Hi, I play on a very high resolution (5040 x 1050) and when enabling the 3D portrait option, only male Orc, Tauren, Draenei (female Draenei works fine) and bosses seem to display properly, but any other race appears "broken".

Please see :

Anyone out there know a way to fix this? Thanks

Re: Shadowed Unit Frames 3D portrait high resolution help.

Thats widescreen if I ever saw it

I can hazard a guess that it is the size difference between your target frame, and your self-frame. Try making them the same size (aspect ratio at least).

The only other thing I can think of, is that it is because of the resolution you play at.

Thanks for the reply.

If I target myself, the target frame portrait shows the same exact distorted blood elf female.

I went ahead and made the frame the exact size just to be sure and it's still distorted

That is the biggest damn monitor I have ever seen, holy crap.

As for SUF, you are certain you have the latest version?

What kind of monitor are you using? Or do you play with black borders on top and at the bottom of your screen? ;D

edit: just took a deeper look, its a 3 monitor setup, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomato
    That is the biggest damn monitor I have ever seen, holy crap.

As for SUF, you are certain you have the latest version?
    I play on 3 monitors ;p

Yep, I always update my addons as soon as newer versions are released; gotta love curse client. The odd thing is, sometimes when I load the game, the portraits are not distorted, but it's very rare that it happens.

Tried any other unitframe addons if they can display the portraits correctly, or running the game on one monitor only for testing purposes? I also sometimes see this issue when face is getting clipped running WoW in just one monitor, but not that commonly to be really annoyed by it.

Also if you do not want to change unitframe addon from SUF, there's also an option of overlaying the 3d-models from ZmobDB addon if it works any better.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Heh. An Eyefinity setup I presume? Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by G_A
    Heh. An Eyefinity setup I presume? Nice.
    doesn't have to be eyefinity. just crossfire of 2 cards with 3 22" monitors attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    doesn't have to be eyefinity. just crossfire of 2 cards with 3 22" monitors attached.
    Using just 2 cards is the SOFTH solution. SOFTH does not support crossfire nor SLI. If crossfire is enabled and using ATI 5 series cards with at least 1 display port monitor (or using an active displayport adapter); that is Eyefinity.

I was an early adopter of the matrox triplehead2 go and upgraded to the digital version last year for the higher resolution firmware update. I will swap to nv surround as soon as their drivers are released since I recently upgraded to 3 120hz monitors that have a native 1920 x 1080 resolution (and possibly checking out, although gimicky, 3D surround gaming). I am stuck at 3x 1680x1050 @59.4htz using the matrox solution atm, which is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Tried any other unitframe addons if they can display the portraits correctly, or running the game on one monitor only for testing purposes? I also sometimes see this issue when face is getting clipped running WoW in just one monitor, but not that commonly to be really annoyed by it.

Also if you do not want to change unitframe addon from SUF, there's also an option of overlaying the 3d-models from ZmobDB addon if it works any better.
    I don't like any other unit frames, but I have tried pitbull and xpearl which also seem to have the same distorted clipping issues with certain races. This problem I am having with SFU is only limited to the smaller races. The bigger races such as taurens or orcs display perfectly. I find that very odd and there has to be a fix to this. Perhaps a certain change in the lua file somewhere could fix this clipping issue with the smaller races.
    I will check out ZmobDB right now. Thanks for the tip.

Took a few minutes to figure it out, but Zmobdb is amazing. Thank you so much for the tip!

10+ Year Old Account

The distortion on the sides is very unappealing, although I'm very jealous of the overall setup.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x
    ...although I'm very jealous of the overall setup.
    Look into my eyes and say that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikachan
    Took a few minutes to figure it out, but Zmobdb is amazing. Thank you so much for the tip!

I used ZMobDB while back to create effect where 3d-portraits are overlaid on top of unitframes and partially transparent. You can put the 3d-portraits over any bar (or any UI element) which shows through behind it from the holes. It gives one more option for stylished unitframes for UI builders, but the damn addon is really tricky and outright confusing to set up for the first time.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

did u ever go to the sewers for that bj?

What a waste of space man! move that chat to the left monitor please... or why do u even use the other 2 screens?

anyways, there should be a x and y for the images I think...

15+ Year Old Account

way do you ahve suck a wide screen...kinda screws up how stuff looks...
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

10+ Year Old Account

It's a known limitation with a 3 monitor setup that it severely distorts the left and right edges. This is probably why chat and stuff is left on the middle screen.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x
    It's a known limitation with a 3 monitor setup that it severely distorts the left and right edges. This is probably why chat and stuff is left on the middle screen.
    ya thats what i dont get its like paying more money to make stuff look worse...
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

can u post a pic of ure 3 monitors plz? im curious

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23
    ya thats what i dont get its like paying more money to make stuff look worse...
    But HEY you can actually post screenshots of your INTERFACE and everyone is like

"is this some sort of christian magic?"