Poll: Which one do you use in battegrounds ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your prefered spec for BGs PvP

Hello,

I had the idea of starting a poll to know which talent tree other warlocks prefer when they do PvP in BGs. Answer and say why you chosen this one over the rest.

This will certainly help some people to choose which tree to take or make other people change the main tree they are using.

Starting : I currently play as Destro in the BG's because of the high burst I can unleash on others but I may go affliction to try it. Does it kick destro ass in BGs ?
    Famous everywhere I go.

Re: Your prefered spec for BGs PvP

I play affliction in pvp as i find it keeps me alive longer 1 vs. 1 with all the self healing, but the burst damage is no way near as high as destro

To stay alive longer and survive easily to rogues stunlock, I use the voidwalker as pet and cast sacrifice when I feel that I'll get hit hard
    Famous everywhere I go.

I go Destro in BGs. It's way too common for people to wear PVE gear and way too fun to make them explode. :P

Afflic works well, but it doesn't have the hilarity factor of seeing people with 0 resilience drop like flies.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    I go Destro in BGs. It's way too common for people to wear PVE gear and way too fun to make them explode. :P

Afflic works well, but it doesn't have the hilarity factor of seeing people with 0 resilience drop like flies.
    THIS!
    12K crits are common, especilly on AV. On BGs I think it's way better to kill one by one, so one enemy less can deal damage to your team. It's also way easier to blow their Healer and Rogues.

Made me think to this
    Famous everywhere I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Th00r
    Made me think to this
    *img*
    Definitely this! x]
    I roll as Destro in BG's, overall I just find it great fun. Making people explode has always been epic.
    Plus having shadowfury on hand has saved my ass plenty of times, and shadowburn helps for those chase fights. Couple that with VW Sacrifice and 15k crits and you're good to go!

Pretty much this. I only have one PVP spec, and since I do both arenas and BGs, and since I love the spec with all of my heart, I roll affliction. But if you're just doing BGs and you wanna have a good time, destro is pretty lolfun. The problem if course being that if you come across pretty much anyone in full wrathful/relentless gear, you're pretty much effed.

10+ Year Old Account

Destro, the survivabilty isnt bad if you spec it right and the damage you pump out is awesome :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

i also go destro... but i'm tempted to use Demo, drop inside the WG keep and SOC spam... just to see the recount blow up...

I prefer destro by far. I tried the other two, thinking that destro was too fragile, and just found I couldn't live without Shadowfury and the burst damage. With a proper spec, glyphs, gear and a micro-managed succubus, it's not that fragile after all, and the burst seems to kill a lot more classes/specs than draining does.

Actually the spec I lose most completely and frequently too is probably Affliction, come to think of it.

In high level PvP gear, affliction is pretty good, but for the rest, destro kick ass, in every level of gear.
    Famous everywhere I go.

I just started pvping again for the first time in well over a year and decided to try affliction, so far I'm loving it. The extra survivability it provides while gearing up and re-learning how to counter all the different classes (warrior = run away) is incredibly valuable, plus you can have the occasional hero moment spamming out corruptions and getting the self-healing up to truly rediculous levels. If you care about killing blows its pretty meh, but I'm almost always in the top couple spots for damage done.
    Arbitrary - Gong Show - US Detheroc

Quote Originally Posted by Demonologist
    I just started pvping again for the first time in well over a year and decided to try affliction, so far I'm loving it. The extra survivability it provides while gearing up and re-learning how to counter all the different classes (warrior = run away) is incredibly valuable, plus you can have the occasional hero moment spamming out corruptions and getting the self-healing up to truly rediculous levels. If you care about killing blows its pretty meh, but I'm almost always in the top couple spots for damage done.
    I've gotten wrecking ball on my affliction lock.

10+ Year Old Account

I got Wrecking Ball too, over the Christmas time when people who shouldn't be PvPing were PvPing (myself included tbh) to get the part of the Winter Veil meta than involves killing 50 people while transformed into a Gnome. Much fun :-)

Personally prefer destruction for all PVP, especially BGs. As said before, the burst dmg is just to much fun!

After having gone back to afflicton after a long break from it, I am throughly enjoying it.
    It may lack the burst and big numbers of destro, but I found myself often unable to put out enough burst despite that, and then even if able to cast uninterrupted which rarely was the case with often stuns, and silences from melee which still have the huge advantage of not relying on long casts which require standing still.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I prefer destro for both BGs and Arenas. Destro is better at getting HKs in BGs and its more difficult (which i think means more skill) to play in arenas.

If Im messing around though, I try different hybrid talent combination's to see if any have any effectiveness (most dont fyi)
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Neogeta
    Personally prefer destruction for all PVP, especially BGs. As said before, the burst dmg is just to much fun!
    yeah :P i also love the way preists bubble thinking they are safe from us...then i just chaos bolt them xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Definitely Destro in bgs, love watching them go "WTF just happened?!?!" lol.. But on the other hand, if there is a huge wave coming in WG or AV, then as aff offspec i love putting corruption on everyone i see and getting massive self heals :P