How much Armor Pen!?

My hunter is my 4th toon that I've been playing a lot lately. I prefer MM over Surv so I've been sticking with that. As I was gearing up, I have been gemming for Agi because I didn't really have any armor pen.

The question I have is when should one start to gem armor pen over agi? How much passive (from gear) ArP should one have before gemming the 8-12 slots of 20ArP gems?

Re: How much Armor Pen!?

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    My hunter is my 4th toon that I've been playing a lot lately. I prefer MM over Surv so I've been sticking with that. As I was gearing up, I have been gemming for Agi because I didn't really have any armor pen.

The question I have is when should one start to gem armor pen over agi? How much passive (from gear) ArP should one have before gemming the 8-12 slots of 20ArP gems?
    Same answer as always. Depends on stats. Use a spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Same answer as always. Depends on stats. Use a spreadsheet.
    idd. lock pls!

You only have 8-12 gem sockets? o.O
    When I had to regem for ArP, I had to get 17 epic gems, and 3 dragons eye's
    FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by Mcwrath
    You only have 8-12 gem sockets? o.O
    When I had to regem for ArP, I had to get 17 epic gems, and 3 dragons eye's
    Could just be regemming reds, as there's a definite difference in the threshold of going Fractured/Deadly mix and going 100% Fractured.

As for your question, I sit at something like 780 and it's still barely a gain to regem only my reds, and a net-loss to 100% regem.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)