15+ Year Old Account

need help with pvp please.....

Ok, so i'm openly admitting to a weakness in a particular area. So please no flamefests. Right now i'm running ret/rogue for 2's. This is my first arena team since bc, and first time running this comp. I'm also running 7/13/51 spec. I seem to have tunnel vision and wanted to to know if anyone else had experienced it and if there's a way to get out of it. I've been running bgs and just dueling for so long that my mind set isn't where it should be for arenas. Part of the problem is we dont use vent. Rogue doesn't think we really need it until the 1800's but tonight we went from 1500 all the way to almost 1200.

I try and look out for certain things like when to repent and when to switch but i dont seem to be doin it when i should, according to my partner. I'm using focus target macros for mainly the rogue, but he dont want me bop'ing him and realistically the AoW proc, ss, and HoF i'm using on myself. what am i doing wrong or what/where can i improve. Also when to use aw vs bubble is kinda questionable for me also with certain comps, and i usually wind up panicking. Should i call it quits for arenas? and just stick bgs? I really like the arena thing and i want to keep doing it but not if this keeps happening.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Re: need help with pvp please.....

Get gladius.
    Time CCs to sap>blind>(if no trinket popes resap)> repentance on the off target. CC Hammer Kidney target. And tell your rogue you arent getting to 1800 without communicating. And btw BoP him if he ever goes under 40% and the kill isn't near. If he doesn't like it then he shouldn't be at 40% in the first place.

If you need more info on kill orders vs comp I'll be happy to help. Ran Ret/Rogue earlier this season to 1900s pretty succesfully.

15+ Year Old Account

our easiest comps we go up against seem to be discpriest/rogue, lock/rogue, rogue/rogue, spriest/rogue and basically shit/non-cookie cutter comp teams. Though last few games we played disc/rogue, they got the better of us. Our biggest problem is any hunter/combo teams, and hpaladin/dps teams. And the sad part is, i'm running gladius. Should i be running the 0/20/51 spec, where i gain survival but i lose burst without SoR, and i use SoC instead?

Btw thanks for the help so far.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly I'd run a Prot-Ret spec, or Prot spec with Ret gear- You get most of the survivability and burst with Prot with (almost) the same utility with Ret.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

http://warcraftmovies.com/pv.php?t=3&l=Rosaly

Rosaly has some decent 2k+ ret/rogue videos and she even adds some commentary here and there.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Honestly I'd run a Prot-Ret spec, or Prot spec with Ret gear- You get most of the survivability and burst with Prot with (almost) the same utility with Ret.
    This, prot ret may not have the healing potential of ret but the sheer amount of damage it can take makes up for it, + it can still deal about the same burst as ret while staying on kiting classes with much more consistency. The 30 second Cd on a 3 second daze/silence is nice too.
    If you run this spec though you will need to be careful with your mana consumption, I'd suggest getting the glyph of avengers shield for bigger crits on it & the glyph of shield of the righteous as it reduces the mana cost to like 29 which is great for conserving mana.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    If you run this spec though you will need to be careful with your mana consumption, I'd suggest getting the glyph of avengers shield for bigger crits on it & the glyph of shield of the righteous as it reduces the mana cost to like 29 which is great for conserving mana.
    If it is Arena, chances are you will have a pocket healer to help with SA- If not, you can always glyph and use SoC with a slow one-handed DPS weapon.

15+ Year Old Account

I appreciate all the constructive feedback from everyone. As far as the prot-ret route? I've considered it but with the limited time i have to put into gearing into it, its just not feasable. I have full pvp set relentless/furious for ret. So i mean how much of that would i hafta replace in order to go that spec? Not only that, i'm ret at heart so i think i'm gonna just try improving my play and get myself out of this tunnelvision i got before i try it.

One more question i do have....and i'm sure its in the stickies somewhere but i'd figure i'd ask real quick since i'm in a rush to get out atm. Whats the macro for repenting the cc target. I.e. the macro to repent the target thats not getting focus fired by my partner and i without completely switching the target. Is it the focus macro? Thanks again guys.