fury - main hand & off hand weapons

ill keep this short and simple xD

whats best for main hand - Ramaladni's Blade of Culling ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50798 ) OR Justicebringer ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47069 )

Re: fury - main hand & off hand weapons

Armory link and we could tell you
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Usually the weapon with the highest top end damage is best put in the main hand slot.

Not only does the Blade of Culling have higher damage, it swings faster so you can HS more often.

amory link - deleted --- im going to edit this out soon because it isnt my char. its a guildees.

ive always thought its best to have the 3.60 or higher as main hand and others as off hand?

edit: another guildee warr says its best to use Justicebringer for the main hand as its a dps increase.

Deleted

Ramaladni's Blade of Culling is better Main Hand.

The weapon speed rule (slowest, main hand) was originally created for simplicity because slower weapon speeds generally create higher damage weapons. It is not actually true in all cases, especially when your dealing with weapons that have different dps.

For the most accurate results, you should instead look at weapon damage. The weapon with the highest weapon damage should go into your main hand because there are some abilities Warriors use that only use MH weapon damage and thus, you want your highest damage weapon to be there.

Ramaladni's Blade of Culling:
    748 - 1123 Damage

Justicebringer:
    736 - 1105 Damage

Download Landsoul's spreadsheet, and plug in your armory info. swap both weapons between MH and OH slots and it should tell you.

You'll need Microsoft Excel to use it.

The reason people say to use the slowest weapon you can find is that of two weapons equal in item level, the slower one will hit harder. In this case, the slower one doesn't hit quite as hard, so it isn't the optimal choice.

does the ICC weapon have higher damage? yes

Theres other things as well, what if their EXP is cap'd already and they dont have alternative gear? the huge EXP stats in most cases makes the weapon a downgrade. Checkout the spreadsheet and go from there, best answer for everything
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account

I checked via Landsouls and its 5 dps more to have Justicbringer in your Main hand.

my spreadsheet exploded with errors when I loaded you in due to "Wicked Ametrine" bringing up errors.
    There is so much wrong with your Gemming it makes me cry, Ill give you some pointers.

1) 20attack power 10 crit gems are non-ideal. You should have 10str 10 crit in those sockets that have above 4str socket bonus.

2) dont use purple gems....ever.

3) Grab the 21agi + 3% crit damage meta

4) use a +10stats gem to active the meta mentioned above.

5) every other socket should be 20str or 10str/10crit (if its a red + orange in gear and its 6str or above)

6) you are 158 hit rating overcap try to drop some from you gear if possible via gear upgrades.

7) you are 60arp overcap when the trinket procs (assuming you eat 40arp food if not your 20 overcap) try to gem so that you are bang on the cap when the trinket procs.

8) once you grab yourself a deathbringers will or a Death's verdict gem all arp in every socket to hit 1360 arp + 40 from food to be hard capped, once hard capped you can start worrying about using a few 10str/10crits in orange sockets again if you find yourself overcapped just from gear + your red sockets.

Download Landsouls spreadsheet and you can see all the things I mentioned above for youreself and consult it for future questions like that. you can grab the Office 2010 beta for free right now and use it to run the spreasheet.

thanks for the info guys ive deleted link to his armory now

ive been slowly leveling warrior since wotlk. hes just about ready for icc 10 player thanks to badge tier gear.
    ive tried checking elitistjerks over the past few days but the site seems to be offline. that or im spelling it wrong

10+ Year Old Account

Ok please please stop replying to players questions with your "opinions" if a player posts a question regarding gear comparisons don't even bother posting a reply unless you have checked it in the spreadsheet and are giving a 100% correct factual reply.

some posts that are not 100% correct and have at least 1 thing that are mis-informative are..

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower128
    Usually the weapon with the highest top end damage is best put in the main hand slot.
    ^^ kind of correct but the fact that it isn't always correct (due to weapon dps differences) means its bad info to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by asb
    Not only does the Blade of Culling have higher damage, it swings faster so you can HS more often.
    ^ again. same point as above.

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    Ramaladni's Blade of Culling is better Main Hand.

The weapon speed rule (slowest, main hand) was originally created for simplicity because slower weapon speeds generally create higher damage weapons. It is not actually true in all cases, especially when your dealing with weapons that have different dps.

For the most accurate results, you should instead look at weapon damage. The weapon with the highest weapon damage should go into your main hand because there are some abilities Warriors use that only use MH weapon damage and thus, you want your highest damage weapon to be there.

Ramaladni's Blade of Culling:
    748 - 1123 Damage

Justicebringer:
    736 - 1105 Damage
    ^^ same point as 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by asb
    The reason people say to use the slowest weapon you can find is that of two weapons equal in item level, the slower one will hit harder. In this case, the slower one doesn't hit quite as hard, so it isn't the optimal choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    does the ICC weapon have higher damage? yes

Theres other things as well, what if their EXP is cap'd already and they dont have alternative gear? the huge EXP stats in most cases makes the weapon a downgrade. Checkout the spreadsheet and go from there, best answer for everything
    same point again but the 2nd point he mentioned is true. Even though Ramaldi's could be an upgrade over a 245 weapon with crit/arp if all the expertise on it is wasted then it would be a downgrade, as the dps gain from the higher ilevel weapon is nulled buy the loss of stats to the wasted expertise

Mass quoting ftl. but please keep what I said above in mind for any future posts you make.