Leveling a Hunter - Heirloom question.

Ahoy all,

I've recently decided to level myself a hunter, after boring myself to near invalidity playing my shaman as resto. >_>
    I already had the leather Heirloom chest & shoulders on hand after leveling a druid, along with the Bloodied Arcanite Ripper from my Paladin. I also bought the bow.
    My question is... is it worth buying the mail Heirlooms for the hunter, considering stat weight etc? (Leather having stam/atp/hit, mail having stam/agi/int/atp)
    Or should I just stick with the leather?

Cheers in advance.

Re: Leveling a Hunter - Heirloom question.

I just finished leveling a hunter with the leather chest and mail shoulders.
    Questing with the leather chest will be kinda lame at some times because you'll find mail non-heirloom items that are a lot better than the heirloom chest.
    However, for the 10% xp increase, i'd leave the slot blank if I have to.
    So if you're up to putting in the time, get the mail pieces; if not, you're still better off than people not wearing heirloom pieces

That leather will do you fine for leveling purposes (I'm not sure which chest piece is better that you'll find leveling, but I can't imagine it's too much better), and if you're leveling as BM, it actually has some distinct advantages. The mail has int, yes, but that only proves its worth if you spec into the talent in Marks that transfers int to AP, whereas leveling BM you can focus entirely on agi/AP. Don't waste your time using the Arcanite Reaper though. You're a hunter. You will -never- need the strength. The bow is excellent, and is actually a good stat stick for rogues if you ever decide to level on in the future. If you are looking for a good heirloom melee weapon though, get a pair of daggers. They'll do you right, and even one of the bastards is better than anything else you'll get before you can dual wield two of them at 20. Good luck, and whatever you do have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by saelthos
    (I'm not sure which chest piece is better that you'll find leveling, but I can't imagine it's too much better)
    Well it's just itemised poorly for a hunter. It's just stam, hit and ap
    The mail will just net you better stats.
    And for better pieces I was talking mostly about northrend dungeon quest/loot. I remember a few times I found a chest I wish I could have equipped

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!
    I'm basically only using the axe as a slot filler at the moment, I've had it for months and it's better than a grey.
    I'm well aware of the daggers, and they're on my list if I get around to farming enough triumphs - really getting tired of heroics.
    Though, I think I may just grab everything (mail & daggers), surely it'll save time/stress in the end. Again, thanks for the replies.