Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why don't you have an Authenticator?

Quote Originally Posted by Lodar
    I started playing when i was 12, I haven't been hacked in 4/5 years time. Nor anything close to it.
    Because there are actually people that just think before they dumb things. And even though every that hacks denies everything. No i have a virusscanner..No i update it..NO i don't visit suspicious sites.

How about everyone just pays some freaking attention to what they are doing instead of just buying a freaking authenticator and thinking they are invurnable for everything.

I bet atleast 60% of the people thought they would never get hacked again. SO they just gave up on some real computer security.

Instead they should stop wasting money. Stop doing dumb things
    And accept that fact that eventually you'll get hacked with an authenticator. Just because you're doing bad stuff. And the dumb thing is, Most people are to ignorant to admit. Wich auto leads to the same problem over and over.
    Getting an authenticator does not mean you DON'T take any other precautions besides IT. I have Antivirus (didn't stop a virus I got somewhere about six months ago, because it simply wasn't in the virus definition database at the time), firewall and I run background scans for spyware and stuff like that.

Seatbelts don't make a car safe, neither does Airbags, ABS breaks or large crumple zones. They all make cars safER - but nothing will ever make a car 100% safe. Unless you drain all flammable liquids and remove the abttery and... You get the picture.

The same goes for computer security. Every layer of protection that you cram in there adds to the overall security, but the ONLY way to be 100% completely safe is to fishtank the computer.

The authenticator is simply one more layer. It's not a 100% guarantee, because there IS no 100% guarantee anywhere. Doing everything "right" WITH an authenticator is STILL safer than JUST doing everything else "right".

To be honest I think it is too much of a hassle to go find my iPod and to get the code in, I know it sounds ignorant and I am open to hacking but I'm not stupid when I'm on the internet and don't buy gold, and if I was to be hacked I'd quit so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodar
    OP.

I quoted myself. Just for you.
    Haha nice post.