Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LK 25 HM realm first - No title?

From what i've seen all the paragon members are using the light of dawn title, which is the standard title for this kill. Is there a realm first title to be added at a later date? Or do blizzard think the fight is that hard that if you kill it you should all be rewarded the same?

Re: LK 25 HM realm first - No title?

There is no realm first title. Unless something suddenly changes (it probably won't), there will not be a realm first title added. And to be honest... it's heroic Lich King. I'd call the Light of Dawn title anything but standard :P

I think blizzard isn't advocating realm first titles anymore because of its only represented to those who were in the raid for the kill, not all the raiders who put their effort in the encounter.

<speculation>
    They probably didn't add a realm first title because they are planning to add one as a guild achievement in the pre cataclysm patch.
    </speculation>

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    <speculation>
    They probably didn't add a realm first title because they are planning to add one as a guild achievement in the pre cataclysm patch.
    </speculation>
    That would seem equally strange to me, personally, since then people who really didn't take part in the kill in any way would be getting the title, much in the same way that a realm first achievement title didn't represent all the raiders who put effort into the fight.

It's still better to have it as a guild achievement because that gives the title to the people who worked on the first 11 hard modes and then got sat for lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    It's still better to have it as a guild achievement because that gives the title to the people who worked on the first 11 hard modes and then got sat for lich king.
    No way, guilds would be selling invites to scrubs who want their shiny titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    No way, guilds would be selling invites to scrubs who want their shiny titles.
    There are many ways of working around that, the guild achievement system doesn't even exist yet so we can't make too many assumptions about how it's going to work.

Removed them (blue post a while back)

It only rewards the 25 who got lucky on that attempt, not the people who got subbed out. or the people who are saved to the instance for previous bosses. Also people who D/C dont get it, and Blizzard refuse to grant them the title if they do D/C.

Also, now with Ensidia and Paragon on the same server, you can see how unfair the title was. On many servers 2 guilds could be neck and neck and one misses it, yet if you were on another server, you could of gotten it easily.

Plus guilds like Adept xfer to low pop realms to steal the titles and sell some spots for gold, or use em on their alts.

Because it means that I can't actively mock people who helped set up the foundation for the battle, but got sat because they were min-maxing.

RIP: "You're not Death Demise, I don't give a damn what you think scrub", 2009-2010

I personally feel that the "Light of Dawn" title from downing LK HM is enough. You're probably only looking at 2-3 guilds max per server that will be downing LK HM as it is, so it'll be a rare title until Cataclysm is released as it is.

I thought you got the title "kingslayer" for killing him and "light of the dawn" for realm first HM 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    I personally feel that the "Light of Dawn" title from downing LK HM is enough. You're probably only looking at 2-3 guilds max that will be downing LK HM as it is, so it'll be a rare title until Cataclysm is released as it is.
    2-3? I doubt it... I know for sure their will be more guilds then just 2-3 that will down him before Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    I personally feel that the "Light of Dawn" title from downing LK HM is enough. You're probably only looking at 2-3 guilds max that will be downing LK HM as it is, so it'll be a rare title until Cataclysm is released as it is.
    im pretty sure alot of guilds will be downing him be4 cata, the dmg/hp/healing buff will go up to 30%, and by then you will most certanly have several 100kills
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by badge
    I thought you got the title "kingslayer" for killing him and "light of the dawn" for realm first HM 25
    Everyone who kills the hard mode gets light of dawn, there is no realm first title.

Sorry, meant per server. I'll edit my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by badge
    Kingslayer is the title you get for killing the Lich King - on normal 10 or 25, doesn't matter. Light of Dawn is the title you get for killing him on 25 heroic, realm first does not matter. Bane of the Fallen King is the title you get for killing him on 10 heroic (and the title I personally feel is within my eventual grasp, hurray!), realm first does not matter. Hope that clears it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    I think blizzard isn't advocating realm first titles anymore because of its only represented to those who were in the raid for the kill, not all the raiders who put their effort in the encounter.

In guild who will kill LK25 HM it will be the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grob

In guild who will kill LK25 HM it will be the same people.
    Nnnnno. How many people do you think Paragon continuously rotated in and out of their raidgroup before getting their kill? I imagine they honestly had something closer to 50 players/characters that put effort and were part of that fight.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

With the amount of health and the difficulty of the encounter, the title is probably going to be just as rare as, say, Conqueror of Naxx, Obsidian Slayer and the like.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.