Improved devo aura + JoL

Does Improved devotion aura affect Judgment of Light just as Divinity does?

In other words, is Divinity + Imp devo the way to get the most heals out of JoL, and will someone without Imp devo overwrite your JoL if they cast it?

thanks for the clarification!

-Punch

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Improved devo aura + JoL

Quote Originally Posted by Punch
    Does Improved devotion aura affect Judgment of Light just as Divinity does?

In other words, is Divinity + Imp devo the way to get the most heals out of JoL, and will someone without Imp devo overwrite your JoL if they cast it?

thanks for the clarification!

-Punch
    Yes; Yes; Yes.

Yes, if you have those talents make the other paladins judge wisdom. Though, if you have a tree they would really only beoverwriting the divinity portion.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I think any Pally who cast it would get the same effect (If you don't have divinity at least) since the healing buff is raid wide as a part of your aura. So if you don't grab divinity, it doesn't matter who uses JoL
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Since we are also on the subject, JoL will "double dip" from Divinity when healing yourself, i.e. JoL will heal yourself for 2% * 1.05 * 1.05 = 2.21% Max HP

In theory it's a nice idea to have the Holy Paladin keep up JoL for the extra 5% buff. In actuality, you're better off having the Ret or Prot judge whichever buff you'd rather have up on the boss more. Some fights it's JoW.

You don't want to have to worry about keeping a judgement up on a boss on a difficult healing fight, not when the increase in healing is so negligible - and the melee ret is going to be doing it anyway as part of the dps/threat rotation. Unless of course it's not a difficult fight and you're just trying to pad the meters. In such cases, go for it. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    In theory it's a nice idea to have the Holy Paladin keep up JoL for the extra 5% buff. In actuality, you're better off having the Ret or Prot judge whichever buff you'd rather have up on the boss more. Some fights it's JoW.

You don't want to have to worry about keeping a judgement up on a boss on a difficult healing fight, not when the increase in healing is so negligible - and the melee ret is going to be doing it anyway as part of the dps/threat rotation. Unless of course it's not a difficult fight and you're just trying to pad the meters. In such cases, go for it. :P
    Holy should be judging every CD its up and they can spare for a chance to gain 4% max mana.

Yes, but that doesn't always translate into judging at least once every 20 seconds. On fights like heroic BQL, or Saurfang, Sindragosa or even Festergut - you simply cannot spare the CD to keep the judgement on the boss without losing someone. On Saurfang especially, it's rough to slot in a non-healing spell every minute, much less 20 seconds. Keeping up three marked people is rough - and that's exactly the job you bring a paladin in to do. We have those massive mana pools for a reason - it's to keep that HL spam going as long as possible when you need it.

Let's look at how much you're benefiting by having your Holy paladin keep up JoL, anyway.

Judgement of Light is 2% of your max HP every time it procs. Assuming a typical raid buffed player's HP is around 28k, that's 560 per proc - or 577 with a resto druid or Improved Devotion Aura.

Divinity will add another 29 to that, bringing us to 606 healing per proc. Again, assuming you have 19 people attacking that target at any given time, it's an increase of 505, raid wide, each proc.

You're not going to have JoL proc each second for each person, but even assuming it did, that's only an increase of 5320 every ten seconds - which only slightly more than an Flash of Light regular hit, and THAT is assuming none of the JoLs overheal. And JoL has massive amounts of overheal.

Do what you like, I suppose. Indeed, if the fight is not particularly challenging, you'll definitely see higher HPS judging Light than not(I mean, how could you not), but on fights where tolerances are tighter, you cannot afford to be judging every cooldown as a Holy Paladin - so the raid benefits more having the melee paladins keep the judgments up. Judge mainly for your haste buff and stack that regen!

15+ Year Old Account

Imp devo aura affects anyones healing who has the aura which is party/raid wide. It doesn't say it only benefits you if you have the talent. So a tank with the talent affects the raid with its benefits.

Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

I was under the impression that the person striking the target was technically healing themselves, so your Divinity talent did nothing for the heal, whereas theirs did. That is, a Holy Paladin with 5/5 Divinity striking would receive Divinity's benefit twice: once for increasing the healing done by you by 5% and once for increasing the healing done to you by 5%. This would be the case no matter who Judged Light.

However, someone else striking the same target without that Divinity buff would get neither benefit: you're not casting the heal that heals them, so it doesn't benefit from Divinity, nor do they have the healing received bonus that Divinity gives to the person specced into it. However, they would still get a +3% bonus if affected by a Paladin's aura with Imp Devo Aura, or a tree Druid's aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias
    I was under the impression that the person striking the target was technically healing themselves, so your Divinity talent did nothing for the heal, whereas theirs did. That is, a Holy Paladin with 5/5 Divinity striking would receive Divinity's benefit twice: once for increasing the healing done by you by 5% and once for increasing the healing done to you by 5%. This would be the case no matter who Judged Light.

However, someone else striking the same target without that Divinity buff would get neither benefit: you're not casting the heal that heals them, so it doesn't benefit from Divinity, nor do they have the healing received bonus that Divinity gives to the person specced into it. However, they would still get a +3% bonus if affected by a Paladin's aura with Imp Devo Aura, or a tree Druid's aura.
    The player that casts the Judgement of Light gets the healing done, it just doesn´t cause threat anymore.
    Me as prot always keep JoL up and the Rets do JoW, im usually just below healers on healing done on
    bossfights, and the nice thing in ICC is that each stack of the 5% zone-buff makes JoL heal
    for 10.25% more (5% healing done x 5% more hp on every player).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Holy should be judging every CD its up and they can spare for a chance to gain 4% max mana.
    You also need to gauge your mana. If the boss is at 10%, and your at 10k mana, judge once, and thats about it. No use judging for mana youll never use, and that GCD is better spent healing(and more prudent sometimes)
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Deleted

so at 30% raid buff, 5/5 divinity and healing aura:

1.3*1.3*1.05*1.06 = 1.88097(*1.05= 1.975 for the person judging it)

that means (again assuming the 560 HP heal without buffs from tjanson) it heals for 1053 HP (1106 for the judger).

think this is much?

that is less than what the aura from sapphiron hits for, and less than 1/4th of the aura from BQL, and only 1/3rd of the sindragosa aura.

TLR: don't rely on it. it only serves to make the healers be scared of the ret/prot paladin closing in on them on the healing meters.