10+ Year Old Account

suspicious about a blizzard email

ive recently receive 2 emails supposedly from blizzard saying that they are suspicious of me trying to sell my account (which i am not)
    they are asking me to click on a link and log in to verify that this is my correct email address...

should i do so and log on via the link they send me? normally id follow carelessly but the login text that is posted when you log in to wow says that there are many scammers out there and i am just trying to be as protective of my account as possible...
    has anyone had any emails similar to this? are they authentic or is some loser from korea trying to steal my account?

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing

Deleted

Re: suspicious about a blizzard email

dont log to anything, you gona lose your acc, read the stickies from mmo-champ!

Its obviously scammers, dont enter the link.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Wrong forum. Also posting about 'blizzard' emails will get you banned. Also, of course they're completely fake. Blizzard will never (never, as in never in the in the history of the universe) ask you for your personal information, and you'd have to be completely insane to click any link in an email like that.

You know, on second though, it's probably legit. Be sure to fax your passport to them.

As other said dont log into it. also, whats the email adress?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, click on ANY link in an email that leads to a page that makes you log into your battle.net account. EVER
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

If you are using Hotmail is easy to see if its a real email from Blizzard or not. Right click on email and select "show source code" (or something like that). A new window will open with some code. Look for a line starting with "return-path". The email in front of it is the email of the guy/girl trying to scam you.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Braskar
    If you are using Hotmail is easy to see if its a real email from Blizzard or not. Right click on email and select "show source code" (or something like that). A new window will open with some code. Look for a line starting with "return-path". The email in front of it is the email of the guy/girl trying to scam you.
    i use gmail

you are now consciously breathing

seriously dude.. did you just learn about the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    i use gmail
    If you check your gmail spam folder, you'll see that some emails in it actually appear to originate from YOU, just because it's so easy to fake email addresses. Come on, this is basic internet common sense. And this is the wrong forum because the suggestions and feedback forum (AS DESCRIBED BY THE STICKY), is for MMO-CHAMPION feedback.

WTF, what is so bad?

yeah he didnt read the stickies, obviously the terms of this forum not too close as well, but still.
    He as getting Mail he himself finds suspicious. BTW Gratz on that, always be alert alsways stay tuned, always stay suspicious.
    And he wanted probably the Feedback of the cumminity.
    Tho Feedback is rather a feedback from the community to MMO, it´s still not that false, and all you stone throwers, are hopeully free of fail.

You can get ONE GOLDEN RULE in your head:
    if you get a mail stating you to log onto your account, and you are suspicious, but still feel somehow pressured to do it. Then goto your normal battle.net and log in there, but never login to any link in any email.
    If you really had something to be solved you would notice that when normally loggin in to your bnet account.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    WTF, what is so bad?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...et-you-a-ban!/
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche