Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Was/Is it worth it?

So,

Recently I dropped mining for the apparent new best profession for an Unholy DK: Engineering. I did this for the glove enchant, which adds 340 haste for 12 seconds per minute and the boot enchant, which adds 24 crit rating.

I am also thinking about race swapping to Orc from BElf.

Are these good ideas? I currently pull about 7k-8k DPS buffed in 10 mans, I was wondering once I get Engineering to 450, and when/if I race change to Orc, could I expect 10k+ DPS buffed after I hit my CDs?

Re: Was/Is it worth it?

sim it?
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Barelysane
    sim it?
    Never used one of those before... >_<

Never regretted going from UD to Orc... NEVER

2-3K dps increase from a race and profession change? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Mining does exactly 2 things for dps - Jack and Shit. If you're concerned with minmax, yes it was a good idea to change it. Plus engineers get lots of goodies to play with (lol saronite bombs during LK)
    the race change is only going to get you 5 expertise and only for axes - not really worth it imo, specially since there's so much exp floating around on icc gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chokaa
    the race change is only going to get you 5 expertise and only for axes - not really worth it imo, specially since there's so much exp floating around on icc gear.
    Orcs also get increased pet damage (<3 for UH) and Blood Fury. It's definitely worth changing from belf.

Quote Originally Posted by Chokaa
    Not true. Orc's also get 5% dmg increase from their pets (DK/hunter/warlock). This is actually quite big for Unholy DK's since their ghoul is a nice chunk of their damage done. Then there is also Blood Fury which is almost like a mini 3rd trinket, giving you extra Attack Power every 2min.

Unless you're in a hardcore raiding guild looking to do heroic 25mans, I wouldn't worry too much about switching to Orc. While it would be a dps increase, it's not going to put you in an entirely different league above BE DK's.

Best part about engineering is Nitro Boosts...

If only i could be bothered to level it :<

Go to orc if you're really serious about raiding. Engineering will help out your dps as well, but not a ton. If you do both you may see in increase in terms of 100's, not thousands.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

10+ Year Old Account

That is very much worth it, mining will only get you gold, engineering is much better for dps. And Orc is the best race to be for a death knight dps wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Danktus
    engineering is much better for dps
    TBH, i never though i'd see the day when this is a true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith
    TBH, i never though i'd see the day when this is a true statement.
    seriously. this concept blows my mind.

it also annoys the shit out of me since my dk USED to be an engi and than turned into a JC. fucking game.

ohh well, he's turning into a tank anyway
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    seriously. this concept blows my mind.

it also annoys the shit out of me since my dk USED to be an engi and than turned into a JC. fucking game.

ohh well, he's turning into a tank anyway
    Armor to gloves enchant.

Yeah, you should have stuck it out =P

10+ Year Old Account

I say engineering well worth it.

The glove enchant is great burst DPS, I can always see myself shoot my self up in 9k range on recount when I pop it. (I usually do 7-8k sustained raid DPS)

Also, saronite bombs are off the global cool down.

the boot enchant +24 crit and a hella fun speed boost that can really help keep you alive (ToGC icehowl) and get you to your next target quicker (MAY improve DPS)

besides all of the combat perks, the AH in Dalaran, portable mail box, and ports alone is worth it.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Not sure about the professions but im SURE you should race change to orc... i hate being a blood elf, plus the racial is awsome (orc one ) ((((