Thread: Shaman PvP?

Shaman PvP?

Hi all..

I recently started my shaman again and I'm going for PvP. But I have no clue on what spec.. I want to go DPS but I can't figure out which spec is the better one. I enjoy both tho and I have done some PvE as Enhance and Elemental.

Any hints ? And on how to play each specc in PvP? I'm not talking about Arena (yet maybe ) just battlegrounds and WG.
    Any help is welcome !

Re: Shaman PvP?

If you plan on mostly playing bg's, go ele. Enh just feels broken in bg's, the dmg you do without wolfes is laughable.
    Nothing beats thunderstorming people down in eots or arathi.

10+ Year Old Account

For BG's, ele is facemelting if you can avoid grabbing everyones attention. Add in the fact you can TS people off some pretty high cliffs, and its pretty win.

As for any possible arena in your future, which one is better depends on who you can pair with. Have caster freinds? go ele. Have physical dmg freinds? go enh. I pvp with a resto and ele shaman in 3's, and even though im ret, i find using bop offensively, and the rest of the utility defensiveley is pretty fun, and works half decently.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by mypally
    For BG's, ele is facemelting if you can avoid grabbing everyones attention. Add in the fact you can TS people off some pretty high cliffs, and its pretty win.

As for any possible arena in your future, which one is better depends on who you can pair with. Have caster freinds? go ele. Have physical dmg freinds? go enh. I pvp with a resto and ele shaman in 3's, and even though im ret, i find using bop offensively, and the rest of the utility defensiveley is pretty fun, and works half decently.
    If I would go arena, I would do Arena with my brother which is a ret pala, or holy, depends which one he likes the most ^^
    Thanks for the tips already ^^

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

To me elemental is realy "faceroll", it got big burst nice survivability,can work with many classes and spec's,on other side enhancement that has good dmg when wolfs are up and that is time when they can survive, after that its bad,and enhancement doesnt have many comps to play with tho but some of comps are easy to play like beast cleave in 2v2 and 3v3...
    At BG's WG World PvP Elemental is much superior over enhancement..just stay behind and nuke sh*t out of peoples

Quote Originally Posted by Aziak
    To me elemental is realy "faceroll"
    No it isn't. Maybe in BG's and World PvP, but it certainly isn't in 3v3.

I reccomend you go Elemental btw
    sup guys déw from aj h3h3

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Elemental no doubts. Thunderfuck em off and watch them fly for their deaths. You can almost feel their hatred
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

10+ Year Old Account

elemental its way more funnier to play whit thunderstorm and big crits ^_^ + as they said Enha is ***** BG imo also :/
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

15+ Year Old Account

I see a lot of people on the forum saying that enhancement is not very good in BGs and that we're tied only to our wolves.

That's somewhat true, but I don't have much trouble in BGs often. I feel like I post this a lot here, and people always tear me up with negativity (ENH IS SUX!!!11) but I really enjoy it.

I clipped a few highlights of some of the BGs I've done this week.

As an enhancement shaman, if you play the game defensively, and accept that you wont be getting 20-30 kills a BG, you can have a fantastic time playing. I really find that I don't die a lot by using my defensive cooldowns at the right time.

all specs are good as long as you know how to play.

As an enh shaman back in TBC I was getting constantly pawned in bg's. I rarely do pvp / I do only PvE and I have only PvE gear.
    Yesterday though I did lots of bg's with a friend of mine (fire spec i think) and we did pretty well! In damage done I also got first place once and most time I was high on the list, first 10 spots most times.

If you use your PvP totems and your cooldowns efficiently, you will do fine. Especially in alliance side as a dranei u got the racial heal (YOU CAN BARELY FEEL!). Use purge (<3 it) use tremor and grounding totems use earthbind totem. You have so many things to use! If I can do fine and have fun in pvp with pve gear I can't imagine why a good pvp enh shaman can't do well while in pvp gear.

(P.S. - NO! You can't stealth like rogues! NO! You don't have fear! NO! You can't bubble! NO! You can't go inside 20 other players and WTFPAWNEMALL! Enh. Shaman in PvP must be played VERY carefully / not facerolling / requires deep knowledge of your class / synergy and cooperation with other players.)

I have no arena experience yet, planning to do some today though. I will tell you tomorrow

To have something you 've never had, you have to do something you've never done...

Quote Originally Posted by déwtwo
    No it isn't. Maybe in BG's and World PvP, but it certainly isn't in 3v3.

I reccomend you go Elemental btw
    It also is in 3 vs 3. Don't make it sound harder than it is ehe.

To the OP, I played quite some Resto in BG's, and I find the spec to be -NOT- fun in BG's at least. The problem lies with the long cast-time based healing. Whereas as Disc Priest I could keep myself and a partner healed while I was under pressure, one rogue on my shaman was enough to shut me down. Go for Elem tbh.

I run on this guy (Destro) w/an Ele Sham and Disc Priest in 3s. We do pretty well. The Shaman has better Enh gear but it does not suit our comp well at all.

So as it's been said your choice will depend on the setup you plan to run. I just leveled a Shaman to 80 and am going Enh in PvP. It's difficult but even in crap gear I have a blast.

Lots of CDs and options: Stoneclaw Totem (glyphed) is great, Wolves for healing and even as an escape mechanic (throw down Grounding/Earthbind Totem, pop their Spirit Walk and Bash the target to run away) and Shamanistic Rage is great being a huge dmg reducer and only on a 1min CD.

The only thing I don't like is that Maelstrom Weapon procs are too central to the tree and too irregular (for me anyway). But that's the price you pay for being an Enh Shaman. Just like if you roll a Warlock you are tied to your pet for survival via Soul Link: it's not optimal but par for the course.

Good ele shammies put out stupid amounts of damage in arenas. Ive been almost insta-gibbed on my warrior with 1k resil against an ele / frost mage / healer + bloodlust.

Thats why im lvling a shammy

Quote Originally Posted by Volitans
    Good ele shammies put out stupid amounts of damage in arenas. Ive been almost insta-gibbed on my warrior with 1k resil against an ele / frost mage / healer + bloodlust.

Thats why im lvling a shammy
    I have to agree with this. I know for a while Destro Lock and Ele Sham burst was sick. While it has been toned down, you don't see nearly as many people complaining about Destro damage anymore but the Ele QQ has stuck around.

This is why you should have both on a team and pew pew! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    I have to agree with this. I know for a while Destro Lock and Ele Sham burst was sick. While it has been toned down, you don't see nearly as many people complaining about Destro damage anymore but the Ele QQ has stuck around.

This is why you should have both on a team and pew pew! =D
    Ele/Ele would be just as good...well i've only seen it work once but rarely do i hear or see ele/ele