ICC Saurfang Felguard's Intercept Macro?

my guild finally has some guildies geared enough to run ICC, and we have the first 3 bosses on farm... and we've gotten Saurfang down to about 14%... but something interesting happened in the fight... when the Blood Beasts spawned and ranged try to burn them down, I don't know if they got too close to me or what, but my felguard decided to Intercept... it actually helped alot... gave me an extra 3 seconds to burn him down...

/target Blood Beast
    /petcast Intercept

not wanting to try it during an actual raid, would the above macro work?... normally i just put my felguard on passive then sick him on Saurfang once the fight starts...

also, is this a good idea or should my melee pet just stay the heck away from the blood beast?...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC Saurfang Felguard's Intercept Macro?

Yes, it would work, but the Beast has to be the minimum range for Intercept to work. Thus you might press it and nothing would happen.

R.I.P. YARG

Alternatively spec destro and hit them all with a shadowfury which works for us. Or in normal mode have the holy paladin standing miles away with righteous fury on whilst taunting the adds. Just make sure to get slows on so they dont hit him

The only problem I can see is that you can't control which Blood Beast is Intercepted.

While the macro should target the nearest one, Blizzard's targeting system is still very finicky in regards to "closest target."

Not sure if you are doign this in 10 or 25 man, but you may want to consider specing for Shadow Fury on that fight. The stun works wonders.

Leave your pet on the boss and turn off any aoe things it may do/have. Make sure the melee also don't do any sort of aoeing. Pally tanks and Ret's can be bad about this with concecrate. If the blood beast hits you boss gains power, once he has 100 Blood power he Marks someone and I am guessing someone dies, giving him 5% health back.

Intercept is fine to hit. It wont cause the bloodbeast to generate addition power, or cause it to attack the felguard.

You'd be bad to not hit it.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

stopping either would help the raid, so i'm good with that... i guess i'd have to add the line to target Saurfang again?...

/target Blood Beast
    /petcast Intercept

/target Saurfang
    /petcast Cleave

and the holy pally should be taunting as well?... i know he had righteous fury up, but i was pulling the bloodbeast off him easy... i think the problem was we were going with 2 healz at the time and the holy pally was one of them (trying to increase the dps on Saur before enrage)...

10 man normal mode... 3 heals (including holy pally dedicated to rf and taunting) 2 tanks, 3 ranged, 2 melee?...

my problem was once i pulled him onto me, there was very little i could do besides run and dot... would teleport break off the aggro, so i could resume nuking?... i guess it would atleast provide distance for me to finish the job?...

since i'm going demo going forward, maybe i'll look for a decent shadowfury build that i can use with my offspec in pvp as well as this fight...

15+ Year Old Account

Copy mine if you like
    Gherkin / Rexxar

R.I.P. YARG

if it is 10 man ,have your mage spec slow and kite 1 , while the other FF 1
    in 25 , just target and fire , so many slow stun root konkback ...................

if problem still exits.....have your DK CoI them

Honestly, I just have /petattack macro'd to Shadowbolt.

When Beasts spawn I target one -> Immolate -> Corruption and then start with the Shadowbolts. By the time I hit Shadowbolt It's usually well onto me and far enough that the felguard can intercept immediately (automatically).

It works like a charm TBH.

15+ Year Old Account

Easy but not the most goodlooking solution is

/target Blood Beast
    /petpassive
    <let it withdraw towards you untill it reach minimum intercept range>
    <press your regular petattack key (T? )
    At least I would, in raids my intercept is on auto cos I rly dont need any need for anything other than that.
    Since he will be on Saurfang before that he wont be able to use intercept anyway so its no risk it will be on CD.

I wouldn't use it tho unless Im sure my designated blood beast target is the one that will always get targeted, if not the scrolling between will just cost you dps.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Multiple blood beasts spawn. /tar blood beast may not be the best solution.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

Exactly, at least in HC, there ppl need to be assigned backleft, frontright whatever. Plus they tend to move around a bug a bit ble.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Most of the time when I'm doing Saurfang, my Felguard intercepts the blood beast nearest to me when they spawn, without me needing to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Deleted

the beasts have so low hp that they die before reaching u... if u dont have enugh dmg to kill it before it reach u, just slow her down..
    intercept from ur felguard is nice way to stop it btw.. the only thing is that u need to target her cause there are more then 1 beast and the macro wont always work.

Ok my pet is on "Defensive", "Intercept" is on "Autocast"

Blood Beast spawn
    TAB for next target
    Just DPS the Blood beast
    Your felguard will automatically charge the first blood beast, that is 10 Yards away from it.
    As soon as It is on it, press "Petattack" for some extra DPS on the Blood Beast

It might not be the one, you are attacking, but does that matter? In that case you are helping someone else, and most of the time that is for the greater good.

If you really really want to stun your Blood Beast.

Turn off "Autocast" on "Intercept"
    Bind "Intercept" on a button
    Blood Beast spawn
    TAB for next target
    Just DPS the Blood beast
    Wait until it is more than 10 Yards away from your Felguard
    Hit the Button

You can also use your Macro:
    /target Blood Beast
    /petcast Intercept

But as you should already be attacking the Blood beast yourself, it is already your target.
    So just use /petcast Intercept.
    But rember to wait until it is 10 Yards away from your felguard.

I have Intercept off autocast and Have it bound to alt-mouse wheel up on mouseover. This might be a useful idea for you if you want to utilise him for the beasts. But only as a last resort.

15+ Year Old Account

It might not be the one, you are attacking, but does that matter? In that case you are helping someone else, and most of the time that is for the greater good.
    It will matter for guilds just starting on heroic Saurfang and cant rely on gear(burst(that intercept cc part of it)) to be good enough to ensure it being pulled of safely. They usually have assigned targets.

thanks everyone!