Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Are druids the new lowest threat tank?

Quote Originally Posted by danmart1
    don't know why but I seem to be having the opposite problem as many of these posts. I constantly have to stop attackingcjust so the OT can get threat after a swap. If I keep up even part of my rotation, I will end up pulling back. I can't link my armory right now, so I'm not sure if it is a spec issue. I can say that my gear is ICC 10/25 but even against equivalent tanks, the problem still arises. I've pulled from pallys w/o using FF, and had a DK who couldn't hold aggro from my lacerate tcks. Both of these being examples of bad players.
    My suggestion to the OP is to check your spec, and try to tighten up your rotation. You should never do any white damage in boss fights due to maul being up all the time. Try popping berserk and spamming mangle to generate some good threat off the bat.
    I have to do this alot when i'm running with a pugged OT/MT say in VOA, or some other trivial content. But when you're running with tanks that actually have a clue it becomes alot more difficult to keep and maintain agro at the start of pulls (before lacerates) and after switchs, especially on annoying fights like Saurfang where you effectively have to white attack the boss after a runetap switch to make sure your maul doesn't hit any of the bloodbeasts and shaft your raid.

Re: Are druids the new lowest threat tank?

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    oh, and to the OP, I'm hovering around 11k tps single target, I think the situation is that swipe is underpowered and single target is good.
    I think this is definitely more the current situation, swipe is fine in the more mild AoE situations, but on raid trash packs where people can go all out on AoE we're behind