Thread: DW or 1h/2h ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW or 1h/2h ?

Hey

i would like to start DK leveling and tell me what will be best? DualWield or 1h weapon or 2h weapon and why?:P

also please give me some good dps leveling and tank leveling (dualspec) builds

Re: DW or 1h/2h ?

I still think best leveling is 2h Blood.

But really the best answer is what weapons do you have?

2H Blood all the way!

10+ Year Old Account

what on earth makes only 1 1h an option?

2h blood is best for leveling

2hnd Blood and you'll have zero down time and no trouble soloing "Group Quests" (for the most part).

dont have any weapon yet but i can buy heriloom that why i asking

2h will be good for tanking too?

and plz give me some leveling/tanking leveling builds

Unless they changed it, you cannot put runes on heirloom weapons. So once you get Rune of the Fallen Crusader, you'll be better off picking up a weapon from a quest reward or somethin.

But, like the others have said, blood 2h is best for leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Don't bother with frost for leveling it's a big no no. Both unholy and blood are good for leveling, unholy has a lot more aoe power and bone shield is always very nice for damage reduction. However blood allows you to kill a lot higher mobs on your own and far more soloing power on tougher quests due to the insane amount of self healing you get.

Personally i'd go with the other guys and 2h Blood is the way to go.

Blood is good for levelling because it has no ramp up time, if you don't need healing then you can just death strike mobs without diseases and kill them in a couple of seconds. It also has the all important threat reduction for when you run instances.

For your spec I would reccomend aiming for something like this, it will do a little less dps than the standard blood raiding build but as a tradeoff it picks up a massive amount of self healing, which is very useful for soloing group quests.

Dont level a dk, you'll make us look bad when you even ask if only 1, 1h wep is good...

OK, since I'm bored and work is slow for the moment I figure I'll give you a longer reply.

Specs:

Blood---------------
    Pros:
    You only need to worry about 1 weapon
    Huge amount of damage and self-healing with death strike
    Less ramp up time since most of your damage is going to be a straight swing

Cons:
    None really. Blood is probably the best all-around utility tree. There's a lot of places you can go wrong while speccing but for the most part all specs are fairly forgiving.

Frost----------------
    Pros:
    Mostly magic damage so if you've got a lot of high AP gear it scales very well.
    It's probably the coolest looking spec, at least imo I just like going in as a dueling dervish
    It's probably the fastest for AoE grinding with howling blast

Cons:
    You need to worry about 2 weapons
    The rotation is a tighter "priority" rotation over the other two specs

Unholy---------------
    Pros:
    A pet can take a ton of heat off you
    Only one weapon to worry about
    Considered to have the best balance between sustained AoE damage and single-target damage.
    Really shines in dungeons or raids where you aren't the tank

Cons:
    AoE damage isn't very bursty (excepting corpse explosion)
    If you're soloing or tanking the spec can become very high maintenance what with refreshing your bones all the time.

So yeah, that's why you want blood. It's less high maintenance and has the best self healing.

As for BoA weapons.

Even though you can't runeforge them, get them.

The only exception I'd make is if you have some friends willing to boost you through a raid that will give you a weapon that'll last a long time. For example if you can go through BT or even better yet Sunwell, then you can pick up the Soulcleaver or a Shivering Felspine or the Soul Reaver. Any one of those weapons will last you until 80.

From 60 to 70 I think you do best running I think it's Underbog for a 2-hander with 3 gem slots, drop perfect bold bloodstones in there and call it a day.

But either way, some BoA weapons with Crusader on them that you can pass around through your account is just fine to use leveling up. Sure you'll get better overall results with something forged with FC, but it's hard to say no to a weapon that remains the hardest hitting thing you'll get until you start raiding.

everyone says Blood because of zero down time. none of our specs have much, if any, down time.

unholy has nearly as much healing as blood with the third disease when you use Death Strike. plus it has the added benefit of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51267 - which will increase your leveling time significantly, esp if you add in the Heirloom flying book, and have a flyer from 60 in outlands. think about how much time you spend mounted, traveling from place to place. now reduce it by 20%. that will increase your leveling speed more than almost anything else.

if you wanted, and IMO the best option, you can get that talent from UH, then start down the blood tree. you won't get Heart Strike as soon, you'll have to wait until level 67. but you'll have everything down to Hysteria from Blood as soon as you get out of the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith
    everyone says Blood because of zero down time. none of our specs have much, if any, down time.

unholy has nearly as much healing as blood with the third disease when you use Death Strike. plus it has the added benefit of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51267 - which will increase your leveling time significantly, esp if you add in the Heirloom flying book, and have a flyer from 60 in outlands. think about how much time you spend mounted, traveling from place to place. now reduce it by 20%. that will increase your leveling speed more than almost anything else.

if you wanted, and IMO the best option, you can get that talent from UH, then start down the blood tree. you won't get Heart Strike as soon, you'll have to wait until level 67. but you'll have everything down to Hysteria from Blood as soon as you get out of the starting zone.
    Even though this is some what true, blood just works better in the end, for the sole reason that you're not sacrificing damage to self heal (which you do as Unholy), and HS is a naturally part of the rotation, which means that you do massive AoE damage, without even trying.

Not to mention that the CD's of Blood are better for when it gets close and soloing imo.

People who say blood is far better, has the lowest downtime etc are just ignorant.

You can level up perfectly well with all 3 specs, UH, Blood and Frost. They all have next to no down time, they all can solo group quests, they all can tank. Its just a matter of preference. I personally leveled as frost and I had absolutely no problem, but I did it back when 2h was the norm.

You can probably level DW if you really want, because of the talents you need 3% less hit to be capped against boss level mobs, which can help you solo things 3 levels above you and makes blasting mobs of your level even easier. Add to that that 1h weapons tend to have more hit then 2h weapons and you'll rarely see your specials miss. Frost low level will have the best aoe of the 3 specs, and thats because UH needs lots of mobs and crit to be effective, frost gets lots of crits free from Killing Machine.

Only downside I can think of is that, its harder to find 2 decent, slow 1h weapons as opposed to finding 1 good 2h weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    People who say blood is far better, has the lowest downtime etc are just ignorant.
    Its not really ignorance. I mean, blood has built in healing without sacrificing damage through DS and a talent which heals after each kill.

Don't get me wrong, leveling as any spec will do ya fine but blood has the least potential down time with a reasonably paced kill speed. You can go with no downtime with any spec, you just lower your kill speed by using a non-optimal FU rune.

Bottom line is, play what ya like. You can level with any spec, even a butchered spec (and i think we have all seen those around) fine enough.

i leveled in blood spec and it was soo fucking easy , you can solo 4 man elites and tank randoms with dps spec only switching to frost presence

as blood you can do really good dps at raids and getting over all those unholy dk in certain bosses

choose what you want but you should try blood

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour

You can level up perfectly well with all 3 specs, UH, Blood and Frost. They all have next to no down time, they all can solo group quests, they all can tank. Its just a matter of preference. I personally leveled as frost and I had absolutely no problem, but I did it back when 2h was the norm.

You can probably level DW if you really want, because of the talents you need 3% less hit to be capped against boss level mobs, which can help you solo things 3 levels above you and makes blasting mobs of your level even easier. Add to that that 1h weapons tend to have more hit then 2h weapons and you'll rarely see your specials miss. Frost low level will have the best aoe of the 3 specs, and thats because UH needs lots of mobs and crit to be effective, frost gets lots of crits free from Killing Machine.

Only downside I can think of is that, its harder to find 2 decent, slow 1h weapons as opposed to finding 1 good 2h weapon.
    When I talk about less downtime for blood I mean more than just how you get more steady healing from blood without such a large sacrifice to your damage.

I also mean thing like how you don't have to constantly refresh your bone shield after fighting 3 mobs. How you don't have to worry if you're hurting yourself by not AoE grinding all the time. How it has the simplest rotation and how that makes it much easier to faceroll tanking and dpsing.

I love blood as a leveling spec simply because it's the one with the least amount of learning curve. Just keep yourself at full health with death strike and spam the hell out of heart strike.
    Easy.

Watched a bit to much South Park lately?

Also we're not being ignorant, but realistic.

I leveled with a perma ghoul and the rest of the points in blood. Having a pet constantly around was so helpfull.
    And of you use 2H