Engineering and our rotation (Enh)

Hello all.

I have just finished power leveling Engineering to 415 or so last night to go with m y 450 blacksmithing. All is good with the world except my poor bank account but hey thats all good, few days and it's back to normal.

This has however thrown up something that I never considered: How Saronite Bombs impact our rotation and when to pop Hyperspeed glove enchant.

For the glove enchant I was thinking binding it to SS and LL as macros as they are teh melee abilities I will be hitting (no point popping it when shocking on the run in or at range target switching with a MW5 LB/CL). Is this thinking correct?

For the bombs tie it into the priority between LL and FN so all teh MW proccing abilities are above it, thus not hampering stack generation and being above FN or should it be below FN also?

Any insight to this would be great.

Thanks

Re: Engineering and our rotation (Enh)

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea
    Hello all.

I have just finished power leveling Engineering to 415 or so last night to go with m y 450 blacksmithing. All is good with the world except my poor bank account but hey thats all good, few days and it's back to normal.

This has however thrown up something that I never considered: How Saronite Bombs impact our rotation and when to pop Hyperspeed glove enchant.

For the glove enchant I was thinking binding it to SS and LL as macros as they are teh melee abilities I will be hitting (no point popping it when shocking on the run in or at range target switching with a MW5 LB/CL). Is this thinking correct?

For the bombs tie it into the priority between LL and FN so all teh MW proccing abilities are above it, thus not hampering stack generation and being above FN or should it be below FN also?

Any insight to this would be great.

Thanks
    They don't eat a GCD so just use them on CD and if you're quick enough you can get them off before a GCD is finished.

I do not know if you wear 2pc T10, if you do however, the best time to use your Hyperspeed accelerators is without question during your Shamanistic Rages. They share the same cooldown, have almost the same duration, so 340 extra haste sync'ed with a 12% damage increase works very nicely.

If you don't have 2pc T10, you can indeed macro it to SS or LL like you mentioned.

As for the Saronite Bombs, its important to know that they DO NOT trigger a global cooldown (they are not on the GCD at all, which means you can even use them while you are on GDC for your other abilities).
    As such, you can very easily use them in between abilities without really disrupting your priority list at all. I personnally just have them keybound and use them whenever they are off cooldown, while on GCD from SS or LL for example (since they are physical attacks their GCD is unaffected by haste and will always remain 1.5s).

edit: Shamtasticle beat me to it. :P
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!

Deleted

You still need to set up your throw, aiming and clicking the bombs in under 1.5 seconds. If you start delaying your moves because you took a bit to aim your bomb you'll lose some potential DPS. The best time to throw them is during Shamanistic Rage if you have the T10 2pc (yes it enhances the bombs, i've tested it) and after a melee move if you're slow.

Also, macroing HA+SR together may not be the best idea, you may hit the button and be forced to leave the boss at that point or use SR while at range (wasting HA).

ok cool, some reason totally forgot ab out them being off teh GCD, even though my rogue is also an engineer lol. I have gotten quite proficient at lining up the throw even before i hit the button, takes less than a second to hit the mouse key bind (Yes, I use a Razer Naga) and click where the mouse is already positioned...pretty much instant throw.

Now I do have the 2 PT10 and will link my armoury at the end. I was thinking though with SR, even witht he 12% damage buff, wouldn't timing it be an issue or am I miss-reading/not remembering right if they have the same CD, if so then it could be a possibility to bind them together as MOST oft eh time hitting SR and burning the boss is what happens, no pint wasting SR when your about to move and loosing the abilities use really.

Thanks again

EDIT:

Armoury link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...xis&cn=Gigaton

Boots are getting upgraded today so don't stress, best i have atm apart from ilvl 200's...i have rotton luck with booties

You're reading it correctly but not understanding what he was saying. They share the same length of cooldown not bound to same cooldown making it unable to pop both.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raids $359.76 says know your role bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    You still need to set up your throw, aiming and clicking the bombs in under 1.5 seconds. If you start delaying your moves because you took a bit to aim your bomb you'll lose some potential DPS. The best time to throw them is during Shamanistic Rage if you have the T10 2pc (yes it enhances the bombs, i've tested it) and after a melee move if you're slow.

Also, macroing HA+SR together may not be the best idea, you may hit the button and be forced to leave the boss at that point or use SR while at range (wasting HA).
    If your using SR while at range you would be wasting more than HA, your wasting your 2PC bonus as well. You should never use SR while at range or if your going to move within it's duration.

Didn't really read every post here but you definitely should be macroing it into your Shammy Rage ability and have the knowledge to get full use out it and the Shammy Rage. And as for the bombs, since they have no GCD on them, spam at will as soon as they come off cooldown.
    www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher