Thread: Disarm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Disarm

Quote Originally Posted by Cloral300
    because with your perm-evasion-100% dodge you don't get disarmed anyway? Roll Eyes
    even without evasion you dodge 4 out of 5 disarms

so stop QQing

So what you are saying is that I have to use a 3 minute cooldown to avoid a disarm?
    you have a disarm, and you have vanish/evasion/ sprint
    if you get disarmed i dont see how hard it would be to do one of those, while almost all other classes have to sit there and pick their nose till they're dead
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted

I doubt blizzard think we really need another berserking enchant, I don't think it either. Perhaps initially not having a disarm reduction talent was an oversight or they simply think our avoidances are enough to warrent not having one. But now, I doubt they'd give us one simply because we don't need the buff yet.

Also note that every warrior off-topic and derailing this thread by comparing abilities is just wasting everyone's time.

This is one of the stupidest threads I have read in a long time. We don't have a disarm reduction talent because we don't need it. Having one more proc for AP wouldn't be that game changing for rogues. Besides our damage is fine as is. More over, I can't think of any talents that I would be willing to give up in order to have a shorter disarm.

Also, the argument that dodge is disarm reduction is blatantly stupid. There are several ways around it, get behind the rogue and disarm, or do some sort of stun and then disarm, or fear then disarm. Its your fault if you through a disarm into a rogues face while he has evasion up and he dodges it.

I swear 80% of the people in this thread must be at sub 1300 ratings or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypter
    You do have disarm reduction, Dodge.
    Helps shitloads against charge => disarm

Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    you have a disarm, and you have vanish/evasion/ sprint
    if you get disarmed i dont see how hard it would be to do one of those, while almost all other classes have to sit there and pick their nose till they're dead
    Rogues can still shiv too while disarmed. Just doesn't work while dismantled.
    ~

For OP:
    If you use Titanium Weapon Chain, it doesn't stack with other disarm reduction talents & cant use 2 of them. Yes it does suck we cannot use zerking on both weapons, but thats how it is.

There's nothing wrong with not having a disarm reduction talent for rogues. We do have a lot of stuns, cc's and interrupts. Along with defensive abilities such as evasion, CoS, Sprint, dismantle, Vanish and Ghostly strike if spec'd.

We are one of those classes where after a loss in arena to a rogue comp. The team who lost would probably be pounding their face onto their keyboard while their arena partner is wondering what that noise is over skype.

But to us rogues, we find other classes to be over powered over us, of course. I think adding a "disarm reduction" talent would be pretty op to begin with. After all, "Dear Blizz: Nerf rock. Paper is fine!" Sincerely Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by zexcis
    Why can rogues use evasion, vanish, blind, sprint, and cloak while disarmed and all my warrior can do is enraged regeneration and intimidating shout?

*edit, forgot fear.
    *edit, you forgot shield wall, and charges.
    (Pretty sure only dismantle causes you to lose your shield)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    *edit, you forgot shield wall, and charges.
    (Pretty sure only dismantle causes you to lose your shield)
    Yes.
    Disarm: Mainhand only
    Dismantle: All weapons (Main/Off/Ranged)
    Chimera shot: Mainhand only I think. Since it is Disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi
    so? i have to use a 5 minute CD to avoid being bursted by your ridicoulous imbalanced rmp combo in 3on3.
    do i make a thread because of that? :

(oh and that's only IF i can use it since your disarm is the only one that strips weapon AND shield which makes it often impossible to use shield wall to begin with)

srlsy. what do you want? disarm reduction talent. next thing would be like bubble? or self heal? or FEAR? lol
    No, next thing will still be a vanish that works.

here's your disarm reduction: we're the only class that disarms BOTH weapons, so you can still beat the enemy senseless with your offhand while waiting off the disarm duration. other people fighting YOU can't do that. ;D

thus it is already implemented, a rogue passive ability that reduces the "effectiveness" of disarm by 50%.

my favorite anti-disarm is to blind the opponent, as they usually disarm early in the fight, there's rarely a consequence for this strategy. 10 seconds is long enough, and i rarely see someone dim enough to trinket out of blind to be fully vulnerable to a barrage of stuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi

srlsy. what do you want? disarm reduction talent. next thing would be like bubble? or self heal? or FEAR? lol
    we're getting a self-heal at the cost of combo points in cataclysm. 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

the other good use of weapon chain is +hit on it. that brings me slightly over pvp hit cap. so the fact that i need a different OH for pvp doesnt bother me. if the OP in a raiding guild its not going tobe a problem to get another Rib spreader and put a chain on it.