Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

best class for killing a healer

im a pretty competent player, ive been playing mage i have maxed in honor gear and i dont really arena, just to 1400 to get the wrathful offpieces, i dont really have a hard time killing healers as a mage but im kinda bored of my mage and dont need anymore honor on it.

i have a dk at 80 with good gear and cant kill a healer for shit and its frustrating

i have played holy pally and there isnt really a class that can consistantly kill me, except maybe a good shadow priest.

im wondering what class do you guys have the easiest time killing healers with, i kinda enjoy my dk until a healer walks by and heals the guy im killing to full and a few hots or direct heals can out heal my dmg, so im looking for another class to play.

thx

edit: i have an 80 hunter but dont enjoy it, so that class if out

Re: best class for killing a healer

I would choose a class that can silence a lot, actually DK is good for countering healers. But one class that I strongly recommend is shadow priest, they're gods when it comes to 1v1 and just healers in general.

Warlocks, mages, DKs and possibly warriors

Worst class for killin a healer? Ret paladin

Definatley a warrior 75% reduced healing, warrior can apply the most pressure to any healer.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep
    Definatley a warrior 75% reduced healing, warrior can apply the most pressure to any healer.
    Afflic locks are pretty brutal, too. A mini MS debuff, yes, but also a felpup and fears.

I play an Arms Warrior and a 'lock. Neither has TOO much trouble with healers. Usually. >_>
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

15+ Year Old Account

Last time I lost vs a healer was when i was playing my first warlock in vanilla and i disconnected during a duel.

MS warrior

/thread

I disagree with the DK/Affliction statement. Of course, your selfheal will prevent you from dying, but your only chance to kill a somewhat competent healer is when he runs out of mana ^^
    At least, thats my experience so far, I have yet to see DK/Affliction Lock to beat a Shaman/Priest/My Resto Druid within a reasonable timespan, if the healer only has to care about himself or isn't undergeared. I don't know exactly about paladins, but they should last fairly long aswell. (Note, assuming you can use some LOS options against the Affliction Warlock)

Warriors should be fairly decent if played right.

Rogues are probably nice aswell.

But I can only talk about Destruction Warlocks. If played right and with a bit luck (if the healer doesn't run out of sight while feared) you can usually kill a healer as soon as they run out of cooldowns/Trinkets - Resto druids are probably the hardest to kill due to the hots.

But... A PvE equipped Moonkin will simply destroy healers (probably most PvE equipped classes do anyway^^)

Deleted

On my pala if I do arena wich I almost never do because I suck at it the classes I don't like are dk's (althought they won't kill me),
    Warlocks fuck they can do some damage, and maybe rogue's if they keep me stunned long enough.

10+ Year Old Account

warlocks. Works for priest and pally cuz they dont wanna risk dispelling UA.

Works for Druids cuz shadow embrace reduces HoT healing.

And it works for shamans cuz well, what cant kill a resto shaman

I'd say an MS warr with good armor pen or a wel playing rogue/priest, i have no hard time with most classes on my resto druid.. End up kiting most classes in arena, do only thing that scares me is a MS warr or a Shadow priest an rogues are just fotm

Deleted

As a healer (holy pala), I rarely have trouble vs ms warriors 1v1. I'd say locks are the ultimate healerkillers. And if they would ever lose any hp, they would just fear drain you.

10+ Year Old Account

I usually can kill holy paladins as a tauren dk, interrupts, 5 sec silence and war stomp if they use aura mastery usually does the job. but against a druid I have no chance of killing them, hotting all the time that I cant interrupt, 15sec cd swiftmend, 3min cd instant 12-15k heals and ability to root me then get away in travel form (also the lack of chains of ice). pretty annoying actually...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amstel
    I'd say an MS warr with good armor pen or a wel playing rogue/priest, i have no hard time with most classes on my resto druid.. End up kiting most classes in arena, do only thing that scares me is a MS warr or a Shadow priest an rogues are just fotm
    Rogue's are always fotm :

warlocks,mages and warriors can do the trick.but...call me DK.....biggest pain in the ass ever for any caster class...too many silences interupts and if you are unholy anti magick field is there for you
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep
    have i missed anything here? 75%?, when i Mortal Strike its 50%
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Warlock with a fel hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdarion
    As a healer (holy pala), I rarely have trouble vs ms warriors 1v1. I'd say locks are the ultimate healerkillers. And if they would ever lose any hp, they would just fear drain you.
    hi have you met ted ?

ted is a arp hardcapped warrior :/

Just roll BLADESTORM and I guarante you will be able to kill healers.
    Jacquel is
    The Real On Use Bubble Leak Evaluation!

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom
    have i missed anything here? 75%?, when i Mortal Strike its 50%
    unrelenting assault, if you overpower someone casting a heal and have mortal strike up, its 75% for 5 sec

edit: it's 2 talent points in the arms tree