Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: best class for killing a healer

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    enhancement shaman: purge spam is deadly against dici priests and trees. windshock allows interrupting on range every 6 seconds ( or even every 5 seconds, depending if/how much you spend in reverberation )
    Shamans using purge spam on a tree have to be awfully careful if the tree starts spamming lifebloom as a counter. (your purge turns the hot into a nice instant burst heal)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Warrior, no doubt

arms or SP. dk's don't kill healers, c'mon guys...

15+ Year Old Account

Revenge Specc'd warrior

spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Azie
    Any DKs could easily faceroll a healer naked and afk. But if he gets back to his computer faster than 5 minutes, you are scr*wed :S
    tard....I guess you've build your POV based upon fighting the undergeared,fresh dinged,nab DKs from BG's...sigh!

...bets advice for you :try one with some good gear and sense of knowing what he is doing...aa and stop talking without wtf knowing what you say ( that fact that you suck playing one is not an excuse to come here and post crap)

Quote Originally Posted by mikka
    arms or SP. dk's don't kill healers, c'mon guys...
    wow...when will ppl realize that your are not frikkin' alone in arena...you know, ppl keep saying MS warr,rogue etc,but did you see how often MS warr gets owned in 1v1 by decent healers ( and I mean all healers...trees own them big style)?,but when teamed up with a good partner they shine! Same thing with DKs teamed up with the right classes : ever heard of dk/warr/resto or dk/hunter/resto or dk/afl(sp)/resto.....

I invite you to come on my server Stormscale (horde side ofc) and see dks ( many) with 2600+ rating in 2v2,3v3...some even with 2700+ in this brackets!

PS : there is no fucking healer in this WoW that can kill a dk 1v1 ( blood pres almost outheal any dot damage...and please don't tell me about those DK's that let you go away and cast direct spells) and yes DKs can put good pressure now against healers that could cure diseases thanks to the new Unholy Blight talent!

PPS :except trees (now are a bit more harder to kill due to the new Nature's Grasp spell) all healers can be killed with the right timing AFTER THEY USED THEY MAIN DEFENSIVE CD's ( ex : pain suppression ,barkskin,bubble etc)

PPPS :at least trees don't have any stun,silence or interrupt reduce talent so a good timed Gnaw( if you have it on auto cast then you suck)+Strangulate+gargoyle+ERW usually scores the kill....but then again TIMING makes the difference between skilled and nabs and that's valid fact for all classes!!

well thanks for the effort alucard, but apparently i am playin at 2500+ in every bracket but 5's, and i say, no, i cant kill a healer, i maybe can play a resto and a disc oom, but only after a 10min battle.
    so, i assumed that we're talking about a 1on1 (according to the thread subject)
    and i must say arms and sp are much stronger. sure some classes do "scale" somewhat better with a second dps or a healer (offensive or defensive), but dont impute -bad timing- fellow :>

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe
    And it works for shamans cuz well, what cant kill a resto shaman
    Sad but true.

i'd say warrior since there is no class able to kill most healers, and warriors have the best chance to get the job done in most scenarios, with or without help.

speaking from a mage pov geared resto druids are retarded. and in BG situations where there are 2-3 healers MS is really your only option. and its so frustrating when you don't have it, and you know nobody can be killed no matter who you focus. i run away from way too many fights these days because healer power is out of control in multiples.

Warriors can eat healers, locks are a very close second.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Warriors > Hunters > Locks > Rogues > Shadowpriests > Enhancement Shaman > Everything else
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I would say Dks, my friend plays an Unholy Dk and he really only has problems with trees. You get three silences if you play it right, the strangulate, mind freeze and ghoul stun. Not many Dks i see control their ghoul stun appropriately and it can be great against a healer. Also with the changes to UB he can destroy my priest. If they are smart with their silences and AMS they can burst a healer pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    enhancement shaman: purge spam is deadly against dici priests and trees. windshock allows interrupting on range every 6 seconds ( or even every 5 seconds, depending if/how much you spend in reverberation )
    Purge spam is ineffective against a Druid who starts chain casting Lifebloom as a counter. Every time you purge Lifebloom it blooms.

Windshear is great for classes that cast. Like Holy Paladins or Resto Shaman. Useless against Druids who just roll instant cast HoTs and Swiftmend. To a lesser extent Disc Priests who's only cast is Penance with a couple of Flash Heals thrown in.

Not sure where you were going on this one. Enhancement shaman are dismal in pvp. When I see one the first thing that pops into my head is "Free HK."

Not to mention that Windshear and Purge are available to all specs.
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes

Arcane mage. If the healer does not have a pillar he's screwed. If there's a pillar, he will still be in trouble.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

A good warrior can smash a healer pretty good, Rogues can also mess up a healer too

No dk can kill a healer, our dmg is a fucking joke, they just stand afk and when they feel like they need to heal they will do so

warlock is only good vs holy paladins and holy priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I eat healers alive on my hunter, minus holy paladins.

I eat them all alive by getting SrS>Chimera>Silence>Aimed>Arcane>Steady

And usually they are dead by this point, maybe not if they are resto druid, in which case I use Tranquilizing to knock off a HoT. If they are not dead at this point, Readiness>Silence>Chimera>Aimed>Arcane, GG

If its a holy pally, I build up like SrS>Aimed>Arcane>Steady>Silence>Chimera>Arcane>Aimed

H pallies are hardest for me. Probably Holy Priests easiest, then shamans, then druids, then disc priests, and Hpallies topping it off.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

With equal gear a dps can't get a healer down, if they both have skill too.
    But for arena you work with a partner so for this I have to go for warrior / druid or rogue / mage