Mages who gem 16/20 Crit

or even worse, 12/14 crit.

How do you guys react to mages who have yellow socket crit gems, and/or more retarded combinations?

I personally /ignore them promptly.

Re: Mages who gem 16/20 Crit

/thread about it.

I don't nerdrage enough about it to actually go to a forum and whine, that's for damn sure.

hunters with spirit gems beats them anyway (quite few of them recently aye?)

Quote Originally Posted by hawciu
    hunters with spirit gems beats them anyway (quite few of them recently aye?)
    I havent seen that yet, but ive seen dks gem for pretty much everything.

Also the new trend is for warr/pala/dk to gem for AP/stam

I don't rage, I point them to Mage guides and helpful sites if I can be bothered.

That said, I'm pretty intolerant of TBC gems being used on gear that's actually used for raiding.

eww, ive never seen anyone using bc gems, thats just sad, even blue gems cost like 15g on my server, thats pretty cheapassed to not gem epics

ot: yea i just whisper them about any yellowgems they have slotted, or blue for that matter, ive seen int, haste, crit gems slotted, worst was one guy i saw with full spell pen gems cuz he was "under hit capped" sometimes theyre very grateful for the help, if not, then yea i /ignore them when they rage at my attempted help :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

We needed another DPS for a guild ICC 10 once so we decided to PuG this mage. He was 7/12 and had a 5600 GS so we were like "He has to be at least decent enough for Plague. So after he showed up I mentioned in guild chat for everyone to check out this guy's gems. Every single gem was http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40176

He single handily proved that gearscore is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTon
    I don't nerdrage enough about it to actually go to a forum and whine, that's for damn sure.
    I'll just chuckle at said nerdraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

I don't really care... Honestly, this game's supposed to be fun. Fun for a lot of people is very casual. Some people let their kids play and make it a family thing. What are you going to do, get on some 8 year old's case for enjoying the game?

I draw the line at actually pug-raiding or guilding with them, but I don't hold it against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddarta
    or even worse, 12/14 crit.

How do you guys react to mages who have yellow socket crit gems, and/or more retarded combinations?

I personally /ignore them promptly.
    PvP fire is a good excuse and yes there are high rated pvp fire mages 2500+ is the highest i've seen at a given moment.

What does 16/20 or 14/12 Crit mean? If I divide it one of them is less then 1 the other is more than 1. Is it Crit %?

Btw, if they are fire mages they can gem for crit. But most likely they are just bad.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ProTech
    What does 16/20 or 14/12 Crit mean? If I divide it one of them is less then 1 the other is more than 1. Is it Crit %?

Btw, if they are fire mages they can gem for crit. But most likely they are just bad.
    Blues give 16, epics give 20. Greens give 12, and perfect greens give 14.

I usually ask them if I could provide them some help/hints for gemming after the run.
    I also do this if I see paladins with outdated specs (e.g. not using SoC) or dps who miss spells in their rotation (had a enh shaman who used lava eruption instead of lava lash...dps jumped from 1.3k to 2.2k after correcting him).
    If someone doesn't want help I just /ignore them IRL (except if they get too annoying in game)..you know like the hunters that refuse to learn their level 80 spells. In a heroic. ("Heroics r srs bsns" to a new extend I guess)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?