Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: To Rets: Would you give up....

Were not shadow priests.
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictous
    See two posts above BUT I am glad to see you are catching on. Every skill in this game is "utility." My offer is to replace the over abundance of defensive utility with a couple pieces of offensive utility.
    then turn back the nob a hell of a lot.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul
    lack of utility?

where to begin?

Aura
    Blessing
    Hand of Protection
    Hand of Salvation
    Hand of Sacrifice
    Cleanse
    group cd

that, for every spec, well, if you won't know how to use those, maybe you should before asking for more.

hand of protection, salvation and sacrifice are far more valuable than 2 interput per fights in pve, and in pvp, if you know how to use those, it can make you win at lot of games.
    The problem is that those are all defensive abilitys and available for every spec. Using them as Ret also costs you DPS and valueable GCDs (not saying you shouldn't use them though) Playing a Ret I want and need useful offensive abilitys. You don't tell a shadowpriest "You don't need silence or disarm, you can buff fort and use dispel"

I'm pretty happy with the way ret is currently. I don't really see the need for a snare or interrupt when other classes provide that for us. The value we bring to a team is our defensive abilities such as SaC HoF HoP cleanses and sacred shield. These are things other melee classes do not bring. That said, there are a few glaring problems with the spec. Mainly the combat system for ret has become boring. I miss the old way seal/judge used to work. Now you just put up a seal and forget it about it for 30 min. (why not just make it last forever if its going to be 30 minutes). I think the seal mechanic needs some work, I'd like to be switching them around more. (PvP)The other thing that bothers me is having to spec into the holy tree for a damage increase for SoR and additionally having to GLYPH for for that same seal all just so we actually have a viable seal to use in arena. It's just clunky. If that is the seal we are meant to use in PvP why not just have the base damage increased, remove the talents/glyph (either or both) that way we have a little bit more freedom with our spec. It's a lot more fun to be spending those TP's in the prot tree where we can get improved SS and Hammer cd reduction. I do have faith that there will be improvements on the talent trees in cataclysm. Anyway that's my 2 cents. I like being a defensively oriented hybrid, that's why I play this class. This game has already seen much class homogenization, no need for anymore.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

See two posts above BUT I am glad to see you are catching on. Every skill in this game is "utility." My offer is to replace the over abundance of defensive utility with a couple pieces of offensive utility.
    We already have so much restriction in the class, I don't get why you want to make some more.
    As protection, it's already either shield wall or LoH, it's already AW that locks bubble/DP.
    You're too focused on 1 spec, and don't look at the big picture. More talents in ret won't work, merging them with other talents will remove the choice of not taking them. making it in the spell itself will change other specs.
    I already fucking hate pvp retri that got my 1 situational LoH on me completely useless as prot in pve, I hate pvp for having a ramp of about 16 sec to make decent dps while changing targets in pve retri, hate it for all the nerfs in the protection tree for pve tanking because of it too. Don't make me want to hate it again for another reason, seriously.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul
    We already have so much restriction in the class, I don't get why you want to make some more.
    As protection, it's already either shield wall or LoH, it's already AW that locks bubble/DP.
    You're too focused on 1 spec, and don't look at the big picture. More talents in ret won't work, merging them with other talents will remove the choice of not taking them. making it in the spell itself will change other specs.
    I already fucking hate pvp retri that got my 1 situational LoH on me completely useless as prot in pve, I hate pvp for having a ramp of about 16 sec to make decent dps while changing targets in pve retri, hate it for all the nerfs in the protection tree for pve tanking because of it too. Don't make me want to hate it again for another reason, seriously.
    I wish Crusader Wet Noodle stacked SoV....

I would prefer Divine protection not to cause forbearance, Reduce damage taken by 50% and damage done by 50% and usable within 30 seconds of wings.
    Kind of like how warriors would go defensive or dks going defensive, usable during stuns/fears too would be nice.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

15+ Year Old Account

I wish Crusader Wet Noodle stacked SoV....
    As Hollow_Sorrow put it, it is now called "CrusaderPoke".

Also,