T10 2 Part Bonus Stacks

Is the T10 2 Part Bonus of the healingset really supposed to stack? I spammed Flash Heal on someone who was AFK, and after a while it healed just above 5k per tick. Doesn't seem right to me.

Re: T10 2 Part Bonus Stacks

is flash heal spam viable in raids?(serious question not being a dick here)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account

afaik, it doesn't stack, it overrides.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    afaik, it doesn't stack, it overrides.
    Have you tried it? 'Cause im pretty sure that 33% out of 33% of my Flash heal self buffed isnt 5k :S

It rolls in the same way that Ignite does, which is why it can be considered a flat 11% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It rolls in the same way that Ignite does, which is why it can be considered a flat 11% increase.
    Still doesn't answer why I got it to tick for 5k+ :U

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp
    Still doesn't answer why I got it to tick for 5k+ :U
    I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it works like this: It stacks, but does not refresh. So if you have a proc running, and another proc occur before the first wears off, they run together (they will tick at the same time).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

If part of its HoT duration is reapplied, subject only to RNG, it will roll the new values into the old value, adding them together until the original would've fallen off, a couple ticks later.

Now, if it's allowed to reapply itself, before it can tick, it refreshes both values to the full 9 seconds, inflating the total value. The only limiting factors on this HoT are RNG, and your mana pool. I myself have seen 11k ticks, but that was with an Innervate.

Hope this post from my iTouch helps
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I would suspect this works like Sheath of Light.

Basically, every time you crit a target already hotted, it takes the amount hotted for that has yet to heal and adds it to the new amount, then makes that the amount for the new hot.

Grossly simplified: Each application of your hot is 100 healing over 10 seconds ticking every two. You cast once every two seconds.
    0:02 Crit 100h/10s (10 per tick)
    0:04 Hit 80h/8s
    0:06 Hit 60h/6s
    0:08 Crit 160h/10s (16 per tick)
    0:10 Crit 260h/10s (26 per tick) (assuming it lands before the tick, not after)
    0:12 Hit 234h/8s
    0:14 Hit 208h/6s
    0:16 Crit 308h/10s (30.8 per tick)
    and so on

In this way, no healing is ever wasted and its ok if it falls off.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Lerentis

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin
    is flash heal spam viable in raids?(serious question not being a dick here)
    It stacks, in a weird way though. And FH spamming s viable in 10m raid where you are tasked for tank healing.

I spam FH on Valithria 30+ stacks of essence = 20k+ ticks

It doesn't change the fact that
    A. the set bonus sucks
    and
    B. it's only fun to see how high you can get it rolling outside a raid.

Lysdexic speaks truth.

But it's okay, we're getting a HoT component to our Direct healing spells come 4.0, anyways. At least, as Holy, anyways. Who cares about Discipline? :P *ducks from incoming frying pans*
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

It stacks in the same way many similar things do, e.g. Ignite and Deep Wounds.

Say you get a 9k FH (just for easy numbers). It would then heal for 3k over 9 seconds in 3 ticks (6,3,0 seconds left). Say you proc the bonus again when there are 2 seconds left on the buff, again for a 9k FH. You still have 1k of healing left over from the previous bonus, as well as a new 3k healing to be done. So, the new HoT would be ticking for a total of 1+3= 4k over 9 seconds, or 1.33k per tick.

It is additive, and all of the healing will get applied, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    It doesn't change the fact that
    A. the set bonus sucks
    and
    B. it's only fun to see how high you can get it rolling outside a raid.
    Iv'e actually been trying to figure out how to not get the set bonus for this and go with gear, after some time i realized there is only 1 legg drop from icc, thats from 10man, which is only good if you do it on hm and the tier legs, not counting in the tailoring legs cause im not wasting 120+ frost emblems or a big chunk of gold on something that i can get from drops, while i can still use the frost emblems for other things. and so i thought why not just get 2 pieces for the fun of it, since im am going with the leggs i might as well go with the gloves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    Iv'e actually been trying to figure out how to not get the set bonus for this and go with gear, after some time i realized there is only 1 legg drop from icc, thats from 10man, which is only good if you do it on hm and the tier legs, not counting in the tailoring legs cause im not wasting 120+ frost emblems or a big chunk of gold on something that i can get from drops, while i can still use the frost emblems for other things. and so i thought why not just get 2 pieces for the fun of it, since im am going with the leggs i might as well go with the gloves too.
    By all means, get the set bonus. I'm using 4 pieces of it, but it doesn't change the fact that I might as well not have a 2pc because of how worthless it is. If it was 50% and also worked on Gheal, then I might like it for disc... But as it stands.....

The OP has already been answered correctly, so I'll instead respond to the comments about this bonus sucking. In general, yes, it sucks and really makes a bit more sense with the old 4p bonus; however, there isn't a good reason not to pick up this bonus because the 4p bonus is worth getting. So, it's just a little bonus for the few times we do use FH.

Also, Fateful, you'll see better results on Valithria if you do FHx3>GH and keep up Renew rather than straight FH spam; you'll still never get close to a Pally, but you'll at least do better HPS that way.