War/Holy-prot Pally vs. R.Druid/Marks hunt

My friend and myself are new to arenas and are trying to figure out what we're supposed to do against this comp.

I play the Holy-prot and my friend and myself fought this match to a draw tonight. No matter what we did (and we tried a whole lot of different shit against these two) we couldn't kill either of them. Both myself and him have all the honor gear off the pvp vendors but our weapons aren't great, he's using the beheader and I just have seethe and the iLvl 200 badge shield.

We started off with him on the hunter forcing him low and then when the hunt was ~40% I'd silence/stun/BE Racial the druid to try to burst him down but even with all that the hunter would just deterence/readiness/deterence and the druids rejuv would be enough to buy time until the druid came un-CCed.

Next we tried with him on the druid (their hunter decided to attack me so my war partner wasn't getting nuked). We would get the druid down low but no matter what he could always kite/roll hots enough to just barely stay alive, or the hunt would scatter our war, or the hunt would freeze our war (which i would already be spamming dispel before it hit but it always bought about 1 sec which was enough for an extra hot tick ><).

Is this just an issue of not having enough gear to get that extra little punch to down one of them or is there something in particular that would help us that myself or the war needs to be doing?

Thanks for reading my wall of text ><

Re: War/Holy-prot Pally vs. R.Druid/Marks hunt

Protholy+warrior vs rdruid+hunter is pretty much a draw: neither side can out-mana the other, and you shouldn't be able to force the issue fast enough to beat cooldowns on their trinkets and abilities. So yep, every time you want to burst you'll run into barkskin, deterrence, scatter, frost trap, cyclone, nature's swiftness, etc.

On the flip side, it's not like they'll ever be able to beat you, with bop, bubble, sacs, shield wall, charge/avengers shield to disrupt clone chains, and of course if you ever get low just get to a pillar.

I play rdruid/warrior and it's pretty much the same retarded crap when we match against protholy+warrior. Whoever gets bored / stops caring first loses.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

Deleted

still some ppl play prot-holy

Deleted

I am sorry to say, but if u can play prot/holy and keep you and your war alive and cant kill something, you fail at killing and planing cc.. If you were holy u have shit stun and no silince.

be on hunter, make fast change to drood (when haz 0 hotz) with silence hield, get ms up + bladestorm, stun him (so he cant cast) he die, coz he wont have hots up.

Quote Originally Posted by jackus
    I am sorry to say, but if u can play prot/holy and keep you and your war alive and cant kill something, you fail at killing and planing cc.. If you were holy u have shit stun and no silince.

be on hunter, make fast change to drood (when haz 0 hotz) with silence hield, get ms up + bladestorm, stun him (so he cant cast) he die, coz he wont have hots up.
    If they're only half-decent they will rotate CD's which will make this tactic hard. Chimera shot + disarm pretty much fks up your Bladestorm kill attempt every time.