Boots of Kingly Upheaval

I'm getting a decent supply of frost badges on my alts and I'm starting to think of the ICC patterns for my pally tank. I should have about enough minus a few days or so for the boots, but IDK if they're really worth it. I've been trying for a 25 icc pug for awhile, but there aren't a ton of succesful ones on my server, so I'm pretty limited to 10 man normals, and we're not yet into the plague quarter.

Given that I'm not great at playing the AH and I'm an altoholic, I don't have a ton of gold to buy primordial saronites, usually around 1k at any given time. Given that the only way for me to get them is from frost badges, would I be better off going with the boots of kingly upheaval, or saving up for the pillars of might (i believe thats the name of the tanking legs.

Here's my armory if you need it http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Tyrrandion

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval

I am pretty sure Pillars of Might is BiS for any plate tanks. So they are def. worth getting.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Go for both, Pillars of Might first. There are boots better that drop, but from the content you said you've done so far you're not going to see them for a long time (if ever).

i have both and love it, but based on your available loot id say make the boots. there are decent pants that can drop from the first 4 bosses on 10/25 that would be fine to use till you get mats again for pom. however looking at your gear there are bigger upgrades to get with frostbadges first. belt is huge for you, and the trinket would be big. get your altoholic alts up to 80 to get you the saronites and use yours on gear.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Borean+Tundra&cn=Boxxylove&gn=When+in+Doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    I am pretty sure Pillars of Might is BiS for any plate tanks. So they are def. worth getting.
    Pillars of Might are NOT BiS for any plate tank. They are the best set of legs that you can easily obtain. That does not make them BiS.

It happens all the time. People have some misconception of what BiS actually means. "Best in Slot" refers to the optimum piece of gear you can equip in a slot out of all gear available at the time. Do you tell a heroic 5man tank that the legs from H VH are BiS because they are purple and drop in the heroic that he is farming?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Prentice is correct.

However, if you are only raiding 10mans, the Pants and the Boots will be the best items you can get for those slots. Pillars should be made first as they will most certainly provide you with the largest upgrade. Boots second.

Though, if you can get into a 25 ICC pug and kill a few bosses, there are a pair of legs that drop fairly early(I forget which boss, but it is first wing) that are only slightly less than the Pillars of Might. Whereas, the place that you might replace the crafted boots is from Valithria.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Prentice is correct.

However, if you are only raiding 10mans, the Pants and the Boots will be the best items you can get for those slots. Pillars should be made first as they will most certainly provide you with the largest upgrade. Boots second.

Though, if you can get into a 25 ICC pug and kill a few bosses, there are a pair of legs that drop fairly early(I forget which boss, but it is first wing) that are only slightly less than the Pillars of Might. Whereas, the place that you might replace the crafted boots is from Valithria.
    Tank Legs drop off of Marrowgar.

So the lowest of PUGs should be able to get 'em.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Pillars of Might are NOT BiS for any plate tank. They are the best set of legs that you can easily obtain. That does not make them BiS.

It happens all the time. People have some misconception of what BiS actually means. "Best in Slot" refers to the optimum piece of gear you can equip in a slot out of all gear available at the time. Do you tell a heroic 5man tank that the legs from H VH are BiS because they are purple and drop in the heroic that he is farming?
    You're right of course.

Except that the legs ARE BiS. They're better even than the legs you can get at 277 level.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    You're right of course.

Except that the legs ARE BiS. They're better even than the legs you can get at 277 level.
    Show me the list that you are pulling this from. BiS for prot pallys had been listed as 4T10(277) and [Boneguard Commander's Pauldrons].

EDIT: The list was debated on these forums as well and the thread is on page 2.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Prentice is correct, however Pillars of Might are exceedingly good legs for anyone that highly values armor(should be everyone) and if you're only doing 10 man they're probably the best you'll be able to obtain by a decent margin.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Pillars of might ARE BIS untill you get 4p t10 277. which i dont know many people that have 4p t10 277. the legs are the lowest upgrade of the bunch so they should be the last piece you get so you will use pillars of might are a good buy.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice

As I said; "pretty sure" means that I was not 100% sure. How ever, I do know what BiS means.
    Tho' I find your example quite stupid and overrated.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

15+ Year Old Account

Stop arguing over what "BiS" means.

The crafted Boots and Legs are substantial upgrades for anyone that is a 10man raider.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kifi
    Pillars of might ARE BIS untill you get 4p t10 277. which i dont know many people that have 4p t10 277. the legs are the lowest upgrade of the bunch so they should be the last piece you get so you will use pillars of might are a good buy.
    And you are one of the people that I was referring to above. If there is a single piece of gear better than the one you are discussing, the piece in question is not "BiS". The term is used far too loosely.

why are you being so literal, the pants are BiS until you can get 277 legs which for a large % of raiders is far away. and on top of that i bet that the legs would be the last piece of t10.277 gear any smart raider acquires. also, the normal version of the dreamwalker boots are only marginally better unless you really need the expertise
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Borean+Tundra&cn=Boxxylove&gn=When+in+Doubt