Deleted

what is moderating like, and do you like it?

I just wondered what a moderator actually does apart from deleting, moving or locking threads and banning members.

and do you like moderating, or does it feel like a boring chore?

Deleted

Re: what is moderating like, and do you like it?

It's a thankless job, anything we do (and that especially includes doing nothing) is prone to being picked apart and used to start more flaming aimed at ourselves. Most things we do are extremely repetitive (Read the stickies. Read the stickies. Stickies, read them!) and in cases where they're more than just that simple job they can get very political and every action we take has to be really thought out for future consequences.

So yeah. It's ok.

10+ Year Old Account

I love you, Dinnerbone. Thanks for cleaning the forums up. *hugs*

Moderatin's a toot. Of course, that's largely thanks to the super-secret mod forums and all the free stuff we get from Blizzard to keep the resistance down.

EDIT: You'll have to excuse my incoherent rambling. I've just gotten up and you know how one is at that point. I was obviously not referring to anything real.

>_>

<_<

Deleted

i understand those things.

being a moderator seems indeed like a thankless job. everywhere I go, i see locked threads, and people who made them are convinced they did nothing wrong.

anyway, thank you very much for taking the blows for the greater good. without you guys, these forums would be infested with trolls, much much more than currently.

if there is anything we can do to help you guys, let us know. while some of us may be just around to spam, troll and flame, the vast majority is barely interested in making a bad impression, and many of us even go slightly out of their way to reduce the stress you guys have.

15+ Year Old Account

Reporting the trolls is something we greatly appreciate from the community, it makes life a lot easier when we can just look through our E-mails and be directly linked to whoever is trolling. For me I don't look through every post on the forums trying to find trolls, I post as I normally would and If I stumble by one I ban them. The majority of my bans come from reported posts so thanks to everyone who helps us take down the trolls!

On-topic, being a mod is fun I mean getting to talk to boubouille is a riot and it's really cool knowing what's going on behind the scenes at MMO-Champion.

Reporting posts is definitely an invaluable resource for mods, please use it whenever necessary.