Thread: ICC boss order

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC boss order

For fester we do it liek this.

Our tank, usealy a pala or dk stands somewhere at the end of the room. When the first disease hits that person walk to the waiting tank, gets dispelled and stayes there untill number 2 comes. The adds merge and then the tanks starts kiting. Make sure to avoid the spit, its really easy and it can actually kill you if you get unlucky. When the ooze explodes everyone followes the tank, the ooze tanking tank stands outside of the raid, waiting for people to bring the small adds to him.

Hope this helps a bit ^^
    Forget everything you know about everything.

What we did was fester, then rot, then princes, then dreamwalker.

However, as others have said b4 me, if u don't have the dps for fester, princes has no enrage timer, so you could try for them if you can not kill festergut.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    fester -> rot -> vdw -> blood princes -> putricide -> sindragosa -> bql
    I think that's the best"learning curve" atm
    Download, use and get people to WATCH the Blood Queen addon (curse.com link). Only the raid lead needs to have it.
    Trivialises BQL fight, makes it easier than putricide.

Dreamwalker with 2 tanks is faceroll big time. If you are having trouble with rotface you should give her a go.
    Fester -> Dreamwalker -> Rotface -> Blood princes -> Putricide -> BQL -> Sindragosa -> LK

Don't kite the little slimes on Rotface. Just have the person stand next to the kiting tank until the big slime spawns from 2 small ones. The little oozes aren't a threat.

For Dreamwalker, I would highly recommend using only 1 tank. My 10 man uses 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 DPS and it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrin

For Dreamwalker, I would highly recommend using only 1 tank. My 10 man uses 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 DPS and it works like a charm.
    This, you just need 1 tank for the Aboms, and for the super win, have a holy pally heal Dreamwalker...

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh
    This, you just need 1 tank for the Aboms, and for the super win, have a holy pally heal Dreamwalker...

It was funny how we came to this strat...first try was 2 tanks, 4 healers, 4 dps...we got overrun by adds. Second try was 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps...got overrun again...

Next try...1 tank, 3 healers, 6 dps...booya!

We have a holy pally+resto druid going in to the portals every time and just spam healing Dreamwalker. Disc priest watches the tank and raid (not much raid damage if you do it right).

Range DPS (Shadow Priest, Warlock, Hunter) watch for suppressors, zombies, aboms
    Melee dps (Frost DK, Ret pally, Mut rogue) run back and forth nuking the mages and burning skeletons.

There's a bit of swapping...sometimes the melee has time to help on an abom or suppressors, but not often.

Works -very- well. Your tank has much less to worry about, the burning skeletons might get off ONE Lay Waste, the Archmages get silenced and burned down, etc etc. Really just becomes a healing race, which is no problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftnissity
    Then I pick up the big ooze and kite it clockwise around the room, while the others with oozes bring theirs to me.
    Tanks:
    Pally
    Druid
    Lemme stop you right there, try having the paladin tank the Oozes, so much easier for him to be dispelling. Otherwise a healer has to pay attention to where the player is and when to dispel.

Edit: fixed quoting. --Sunshine

oh wow...

ROTFACE DOWN <3

Our group makeup:

Tanks:
    Pally
    Druid

Healers:
    Druid
    Shaman
    Holy Priest

DPS:
    Arcane Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Demo Lock
    MM Hunter
    MM Hunter

Pally tanked Rotface in the middle of the room. DPS stacked behind him. I stood opposite the door. Inbetween me and the pally was our priest. When someone got the disease, they would run to me. The priest cleansed them when they passed him. They would wait near me till another person got the debuff, then the adds merged. I kited the add around, keeping in range of our priest. When 5 adds merged, we called it out on vent and everyone moved about 15-30 yards away, then returned to individual positions except for the pally.

Now we are on Valithria. We gave her about 5 attempts, our best was healing her to 7.3m/12m. We seem to get swarmed by the adds. For the fight I go DPS while the pally tanks. Pretty much the pally picks up abominations ( due to the blood worms ), while our hunters picked off the Suppressors. Our mages counter-spelled the archmages, and everyone nuked the blazing Skeletons down asap. As for the zombies, we tried ping-ponging them between casters. But eventually we'd get overwhelmed, normally it had some relation to the blood worms that spawn when the abominations are killed. We have a Shaman going inside the portals, healing her. A druid raid healing. And a holy priest helping both when needed.

Any suggestions?
    ...We love Putricide's voice by the way :P and the random bug adds near his room XD

We were thinking of going till we get Valithria down, then halting progression for a few weeks till we get Fester, Rotface and hopefully Valithria on farm status. Before Progressing to either Blood Princes or Putricide.

What we had done was

Marrowgar ==> Deathwhisper ===> Gunship ====> Saurfang ====> Festergut ===> Valithria ===> Rotface =====> Putricide ====> Princes =====> Blood queen ====> OMGWTFDPSTHETOMBSFUCKTHEDEBUFFKILLEDME Sindragosa (She really, really is a bitch)

Now we are on Valithria. We gave her about 5 attempts, our best was healing her to 7.3m/12m. We seem to get swarmed by the adds. For the fight I go DPS while the pally tanks. Pretty much the pally picks up abominations ( due to the blood worms ), while our hunters picked off the Suppressors. Our mages counter-spelled the archmages, and everyone nuked the blazing Skeletons down asap. As for the zombies, we tried ping-ponging them between casters. But eventually we'd get overwhelmed, normally it had some relation to the blood worms that spawn when the abominations are killed. We have a Shaman going inside the portals, healing her. A druid raid healing. And a holy priest helping both when needed.
    Grats on Rotface

Dreamwalker, imo, isn't a healing test, but a DPS test. A couple questions for ya that may help pin down problems.

How good's your group's dps?
    Were you assigning sides?

All you should need to do is assign a range assist and a melee assist. After a few tries people will get used to the "flow" of the fight, how fast adds die, etc. And you should get used to certain target calls, like telling the melee to help with an Abom or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrin
    Grats on Rotface

Dreamwalker, imo, isn't a healing test, but a DPS test. A couple questions for ya that may help pin down problems.

How good's your group's dps?
    Were you assigning sides?

All you should need to do is assign a range assist and a melee assist. After a few tries people will get used to the "flow" of the fight, how fast adds die, etc. And you should get used to certain target calls, like telling the melee to help with an Abom or something.

Our total DPS last I checked was 34,000+ but that was before we killed festergut.
    Our biggest DPS are our Demo warlock ( 6k-8k single target and 12k+ on AoE ) and our hunters ( 5k-6k on both single target and AOE ).
    Our mages are between 4k and 5k DPS. Me and the Pally are 3.2k-3.5k when tanking.

Our first try, we had assigned sides but it didn't work well, the worms would kill everyone. Then we tried having everyone stack on top of the pally except the hunters, which worked a lot better. But it seemed as though the consecrate couldn't grab all the blood worms. So we tried having the group stack a few yards behind the pally and it worked a bit better again.

I was thinking of assigning certain people to get certain targets,
    our Hunters were taking down the suppressors fairly quick.
    our lock told me he is able to solo the Risen Archmage, if theirs only 1 up.

What I believe is getting us is the Blazing skeletons and Glutinous Abominations ( namely the worms he spawns ).

bumping this up cause our priest mentioned something today.

We have 3 healers for this fight, a druid, a shaman and a holy priest. Should the priest be taking portals too?
    Currently we have a Shaman healing Valithria, with the priest doing a mix of raid healing and portals. The druid is focused on raid healing, but puts a hot on Valithria right at the start just to help. Is there a better role for the priest instead of doing both?

15+ Year Old Account

We have 3 healers for this fight, a druid, a shaman and a holy priest. Should the priest be taking portals too?
    Currently we have a Shaman healing Valithria, with the priest doing a mix of raid healing and portals. The druid is focused on raid healing, but puts a hot on Valithria right at the start just to help. Is there a better role for the priest instead of doing both?
    If your druid can handle the raid healing alone, it would be much better to send both of your other healers into the portals. Getting that buff stacked up is just so powerful.

As far as the blood worms for a prot paladin, I asked our paladin what he does to keep aggro. He pointed out that a common mistake is to consecrate when the abom dies, which is too early because it will then run out before the rot worms stop spawning. Depending on the level of global healing threat and when people start aoeing, hammer / avenger's shield can be used to pick up any that start to peel off. Also, you can ask your raid to hold off on the aoe for a few seconds until they've all spawned -- none of the adds require aoe (and it's generally more efficient to single target them down), so you shouldn't have stray aoe sitting all over.

For assignments, we generally prioritize like this: Blazing skeleton (everybody) > Suppressors (ranged, melee if they're not dying quickly enough) > Archmages (everybody, especially melee / interrupts on frostbolt) > Zombies (hunter kite; ranged help dps when they're not doing something else) > aboms (make sure to kill them at decent times) . Originally, we were prioritizing archmages less, but the slow they put out is actually quite painful for portal grabbing and zombie kiting.

Definatly have 2 healers go in the portal. Depending on your dps the 3rd healer can actually take 1-2 portals also in the beginning to help with Valithria and also to have full mana for awhile after coming out of portals. The healers who go in portal get amazing heals after a few stacks so if the raid healer gets a little behind the portal healers can pop a quick heal on whoever needs it just once and they will be topped off.

Make sure you save BL till you have 20+ stacks and once you hit 90% health don't bother going back in portals, it's over too fast from there if your stacks havn't fallen off. Stacks should never fall off portal healers, if they did then the healers failed and need more practice in portals. It can be a bit confusing to get yourself close to the orbs to get the debuff at first because of the graphics making it seem like your right on top of it when your not but after 2-3 attempts the healers should be 90% confident on what they are doing.

Tip for VDW, if you haven't already done it.

Since your priest is holy, have them glyph Guardian Spirit. Helps a lot seeing how your raid is setup.

Sidenote

We run 1 tank (pally) 4 healers (2 holy pallies, 1 resto druid, 1 holy priest) and 5 DPS for VDW.

Im MS prot on my pally, but switch to Holy for VDW only. The other tank is comfy picking up the adds. Both holy pallies beacon Valthiria and spam Holy light on anyone they feel like (mostly the tank). Pallies grab every portal unless one of the other two healers needs mana, in which case 1 pally and the healer that needed mana go in, the other healer and 2nd holy pally stay out.

Guardian spirit is very nice to have on this fight. Have the holy priest use it right after the portal healers do their first round in ports then everytime off CD, so long as the portal healer(s) are actively healing VDW.

4 healers on this fight can make it pretty challenging if your portal healers are not adept at getting stacks of the debuff. Since we're gimping on DPS, a mistake can lead to a wipe. We've cleared this fight for quite a few weeks now using this strat (8 weeks maybe? not entirely sure)

imo, BPC is your next progression. Sindragosa is hard to learn and master. BPC is relatively MUCH easier, as long as everyone has awareness and can stick to their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.