Poll: Do you think Blizzard should update older character models?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Updating character models!

I would hope Blood Elves and Draenei would be included, otherwise they'll just be the crappy looking races lol.

Of course all I want is more polygons and maybe a few model tweaks.

Yes, yes, yes.

Humans need an update badly, and you're right...it'll be even worse with Cataclysm races running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake
    Why wouldn't blood elves and draneis be included? They have about the same quality as the other races.
    umm... if by about the same quality you mean noticably better quality then sure.

oh and for the record i would NOT play a troll if it looked like the ghostland ones. I made mine primarily because it doesn't look like some over buffed macho man with biceps bigger than someone's head.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by hammybiter
    I think it is just an excuse.. Until the player base starts to dwindle some or wow gets a real challenger, they will hold back doing anything significant that players would love.. The next excuse will be we do not want wow taking up too many gigs on your harddrive and this is why we will not upgrade more models or have more monster skins for variety..

I wish DiabloIII would hurry up..
    this.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett
    There's no point to that because people would still whine endlessly just like they do about everything else.
    there will always be crying kids saying that thier old models where beter, so if you don't change, they whine, change and they will also whine

blizz can just do what they want, and should ignore allt the crying kids, and only take constructive posts as readable, and maby take that serious
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    Yes, i've been saying that since quite some time now.
    You comment wouldn't be so bad if your grammar was better, leave out "since" and replace it with "for" and the sentence actually makes sense. OMG was that so hard?

If they were to do it, they'd need to do it right. They tried it briefly during the WotLK beta, and though my human looked way better in body, it looked like she got hit in the face by a truck. Ever since that 'experiment' i have had little faith in Blizzards ability to update the current models without making drastic changes to the character you've come to accept. (Gnomes were absolutely scary during that patch btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Laveaux
    Yes, yes, yes.

Humans need an update badly, and you're right...it'll be even worse with Cataclysm races running around.
    You mean Worgens? Because i'm fairly positive that the only change to Goblins will be in skin choices, and some face/hair options. One walk through Gadgetzan will show you what the new horde will be like in Cataclysm. Gilneans aren't going to look any different than Humans that are already in the game, it's only the Worgen form that will be new, and even then, we already have Worgen models in the game.

New races in Cataclysm are the biggest cake walk Blizzard has ever had development wise. They've spent the majority of their time remodeling the place.

10+ Year Old Account

Attached to those terrible blocks of pixels?

I second the motion on not rolling alliance because they are horrendous looking.
    I'll stick to orcs and trolls who are supposed to be ugly no matter what.

On a more serious note, though, I think people would get over it, and stop rolling blood elves, if they could make some of the old models look a little better. They don't need to make huge changes, just try to dumb down the pixelation and maybe give the male humans a defined chin / neck instead of looking like test-tube babies gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake
    Why wouldn't blood elves and draneis be included? They have about the same quality as the other races.
    No.
    Zoom in on the face of a Belf or Drahayhay, screenshot, then zoom in on the face of a human and screen shot.
    The difference is strikingly clear.

Do what EQ did and update them but give people the option to see what model they want to see.

I just think characters should have some few details so you can actually fall in love with yourr char, i believe if you like your character you wouldn't mind having it look alittle better. plz make night elves look more real xD

The last time I saw an MMO "update" their models was EQ and it was a disgusting travesty. EQ's original models may not have been high quality, but the "updated" or "new" models SUCKED... they looked like they were rushed, the animations made no sense, and they had no flow to them.

I say if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. Or at least don't rush to do it. If they take their time on it, and the improvements are on the order of what they did for the Bear / Cat druid models, then that would be fine. But if they don't take their time and do it right, it would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post
    Do what EQ did and update them but give people the option to see what model they want to see.
    THIS. When EQ updated thier models, they let you decided exactly which races updated models you wanted to see, and you could turn them on/off at will.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The models itself are fine. Just maybe a few vertext-tweeks here and there to tone down the ape-ness of the human males, show more curves on some females and also adjust some animations and armor-placements for some races.
    Those are all minor tweeks.

The big thing is the textures. The hair ofcourse is part texture, part "model" if you can call a few polygons and an alpha-map a model, but yeah.

I hope they just adjust those models a little and redo the textures.
    And believe me... they CAN make the textures look better and different without people losing interest in their character

Just think of your Tauren or Human with better physique-tweeks and Cataclysm texture-quality

I swear to god if they don't update the character models in the near future Blizzard will be the next WoW killer!
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

10+ Year Old Account

well a new expan. would be the perfect time, especially with everyone starting new alts and stuff.
    mah trolls need some lovins
    make it a option like high/low char details. if its more than a raise in polys then make it selectable from the char creation screen.
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Like 90% want the changes. Seriously though. Goblin and Worgen looks much better. DK skins were made better than the normal skins and Blood Elves and Draenei are a bit nicer than the vanilla models. Just update them all.
    Garrosh Hellscream... Making the Alliance/Horde Carebears cry since 2010.

10+ Year Old Account

Human males need to get updated in such a badway. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that 100% of people who have a human male toon has it have facial hair to help cover up the ugly.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire
    Human males need to get updated in such a badway. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that 100% of people who have a human male toon has it have facial hair to help cover up the ugly.
    I RARELY see a human without it yeah. But WITH they always look like they're older than 50 :P

Deleted

Updated models would be great, all along with more/new animations.
    The animation set for every race/gender combination at the moment is quite limited if compared with more recent games. It would be particularly nice to be able to choose or rotate among different casting/combat animations. As those are right now, after some time they become quite dull. I would rather see Blizzard working on this than on Dance Clubs, which honestly would grow old after a week and would be largely disconnected from the prevalent character activity (which is fighting, not dancing... Well, for most of us at least...).