10+ Year Old Account

Anti-virus software alt-tabbing me out of wow

I currently run McAfee and Spyware Doctor on my machine and both have this annoying habit of alt-tabbing me out of wow. Spyware by far is the biggest pain because when it finishes a scan, it will do its pop up thing notifying me that it's done. When it does those pop ups, it will alt-tab me out of wow or any other game for that matter. Is there anyway to make this stop?

I'm currently running Windows 7 32bit.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Re: Anti-virus software alt-tabbing me out of wow

Just set it to only scan while you are sleeping (What ever those hours my be) and bam, problem solved.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra
    Just set it to only scan while you are sleeping (What ever those hours my be) and bam, problem solved.
    This.
    However, most antiviruses also have something called a "Game Mode" where you won't get any notifications, pop ups, etc. Which is nice while playing games, but keeping it up full time is not recommended as you don't receive any notifications at all, which makes changing settings practically impossible.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Or if they have an option to perform the scan manually, then select that option.
    My "wow hours" are variable so cannot say with certainty that I will not be up playing it at any given time, short of the weekly maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.