Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Pandaren Monk raises $1.1M, WoW TCG, Blue posts

Update 02/18 - The WoW TCG Announcement was from Upper Deck International (UDI), this company is slightly different from Upper Deck (UDE) in North America. UDE has NOT generated a press release on the situation yet and any information about the situation should come from Blizzard. Apparently they are "working with Blizzard to ensure a smooth transition of the brand and its assets so that no one riles up any WoW TCG gamers in the process".

Pandaren Monk Sales raises $1.1M for Make-A-Wish Foundation
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    On Tuesday, Feb. 16, we were honored to host a special event at our Irvine, Calif. headquarters to mark the donation of more than $1.1 million to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Make-A-Wish Foundation International, two organizations that grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions in 36 countries around the world.

This donation, which was based on 50 percent of the total sales during November and December of the Pandaren Monk pet for World of Warcraft, was ultimately made possible by the World of Warcraft community. We appreciate the support the community showed for this important cause.

As part of yesterday's event, we invited 15 wish children and their families to tour the Blizzard campus, meet with the World of Warcraft development team, and participate in a variety of fun activities. Check out the press release to read more about the event, and visit the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Make-A-Wish Foundation International websites to learn more about these organizations.

The Future of WoW TCG - Part 2
    Following Blizzard's announcement a couple of days ago, Upper Deck International finally posted a few more details on how things will evolve for WoW TCG in the next couple of months. Apparently WoW TCG products will be available until the end of March, Spectral Tigers will become very hard to find after that I guess.
    Originally Posted by UpperDeck (Blue Tracker)
    Over the past few months there has been much speculation about the future of the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game and Miniatures Game and due to ongoing discussions, we haven’t been able to provide any clear answers until now.

After long and careful deliberation, Upper Deck International (UDI) will not be renewing its World of Warcraft license agreements with Blizzard Entertainment. We’ve had a fantastic time working on the World of Warcraft brand and feel we have produced some of the most compelling TCG and Miniatures Game products since the turn of the century. Unfortunately, due to gradually declining sales over the past few years and the overall downturn in the economic climate, we have had to make the tough decision to discontinue our World of Warcraft product lines.

UDI World of Warcraft products will be available until the end of March. Upcoming products such as the Class Starter Deck, Wrathgate Booster, Souls of Vengeance Starter, Deluxe Starter and Booster will not go into production.

We know this is disappointing news for all World of Warcraft fans and want to thank players and retailers for their ongoing support over the years.
    Being part of such a great and passionate community has truly been a privilege.

We are currently working with Blizzard Entertainment to facilitate a smooth transition as they work on their own plans for a World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.
    Further announcements on this transition will follow over the coming weeks.

We will be pulling out all the stops to send off the UDI World of Warcraft lines in style. Look out for special events at your local gaming store with some of the greatest prize support ever and a final opportunity to complete your collection.

Joeri Hoste
    Category Manager Trading Card Games
    Upper Deck International

Carl Crook
    International Marketing & Community Manager
    Upper Deck International

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Are we done with game balance changes until Cataclysm?
    We're not done until Cataclysm actually ships. (Source)

Housing
    While this originally came up before I was around, I think this has been answered at some BlizzCons since then. While we think this could be a fun idea, we also like the idea of seeing a lot of people in cities and don't want to make main cities feel like ghost towns - if you need an example of this head to Silvermoon (yeah, that's a cheap shot, I know). So for now this idea remains an interesting idea but we'd have to make sure it fits into the game well and meets our expectations which are pretty high for something like this.

[...] It's generally a better idea to keep the world filled and alive than empty, yes. It's also hard to say that letting people run off to their own cabin to relax in peace will really be a big bonus to the game for the vast majority of the playerbase. We'll see how things go in the future though. (Source)

Phylactery of the Nameless Lich (Normal / Heroic)
    The Phylactery of the Nameless Lich's proc is a little underbudget and we plan to correct that in an upcoming patch. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Glyph of Disease bug - Icy Talons not active after a disease refresh
    The intent is that the Glyph of Disease counts as Frost Fever for the purposes of activating Icy Talons. The issue you describe is a technical limitation which prevents it from working this way. It's something we definitely want to fix, though I don't have a time frame to provide at the moment for when this fix will occur. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Glyph of Wrath Suggestions
    Glyph OF Wrath: Increases the cast time of Wrath by 0.5 and increases damage by X%
    I understand the intent and it's clever in a way, but we would be hesitant to introduce a glyph that would actually be a bad glyph for players who weren't capable of benefiting from a bunch of haste. There are some glyphs with a kiss / curse vibe, but usually not this severe, and with a curse that really isn't a curse when you consider that it lets you benefit more from haste in the long run.

It might make more sense if you tucked it away where only endgame focused players could reach it (like an idol that dropped off an ICC boss), but even then it would almost need a warning label explaining what it was trying to do. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Destruction Spec
    We know that Destruction is a little low on damage at the moment and needs a bit of help which we hope to deliver before Cataclysm. As usual we can't make any guarantees on when or if this will happen for sure though. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Pandaren Monk raises $1.1M, WoW TCG, Blue posts

Didn' Think they would earn that much, but it is goood neeeews

For the Glyph of Wrath blue post, you have it listed under the Paladin section instead of the Druid section.

<3 MMO

Might want to change Paladin to Druid up there under blue posts >.>

2m.2$ worth of pandaren monks sold?
    2.200.000$ divide by 15$ per monk.

Means over 146667 total pandaren monks sold. o_o Crazy talk.

I'm getting wrath?

Oh man!

Dang, thought there'd actually be some news about paladins for once when it turns out it's just confusion between glyph of wrath and holy wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

Wasn't it $10? Never the less, never thought they would sell that many

15+ Year Old Account

In the US it was only 10 dollars for the pet, not 15.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

I'm a little confused with that Glyph of Wrath thing, are they talking about Paladins Holy Wrath or Druids Wrath?

Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Actually, it was $10 per Monk, which makes it $2,200,000 / 10 = 220,000 Pandaren Monks sold.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I'm a little confused with that Glyph of Wrath thing, are they talking about Paladins Holy Wrath or Druids Wrath?

Looks like druid wrath. They're talking about the haste cap, and holy wrath doesn't have a cast time to start with.

15+ Year Old Account

The Glyph of Wrath section is referencing druids, and listed improperly here

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    For the Glyph of Wrath blue post, you have it listed under the Paladin section instead of the Druid section.

<3 MMO
    yep, Balance instead of Retribution!

Druids, are you seriously complaining because I changed you into paladins for an hour? Wow, you guys just don't know when to thank me. (And I had a headache, adding a cast time to Holy Wrath sounded like fun)

I'm sure I read 'Glyph of Exorcism' o.O

damn i knew i shouldve f----ing waited to sell that damn tiger :P

10+ Year Old Account

imo that idea for glyph of wrath would be a fantastic idea since that would cause us boomkins to scale with haste a lot better than what we do now
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

If Balance get a buff then why the fuck would any guild bother with an Elemental Shaman...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan
    If Balance get a buff then why the fuck would any guild bother with an Elemental Shaman...
    ummm, i dont know. maybe they should just make their totem of wrath 10% of their sp just like demos already.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"