Savage defense in ICC

So when I checked the fronst site, I saw that the Icecrown buff is increased to 10%
    I started wondering, does this buff applies to savage defense, since it IS an aborption
    , though it's a vast percentage of you AP.

Thoughts ideas, answers?
    Cheers!
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Savage defense in ICC

The exact wording of the change to absorbs specified PW:S and Sacred Shield, so I'm guessing not.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn now provide their bonuses to player pet health and damage, as well as the absorption amounts of Power Word: Shield and Sacred Shield.
    It's worth checking, though; I tried to figure it out on the PTR, but could never find someone else to come with me (for 2 people required to form a raid, plus just some backup).

15+ Year Old Account

It's worth checking, but I doubt it affects SD.

SD is our equivalent to Block, buffing it without buffing BV for warriors and paladins would draw mass QQ. Not to count what DKs will say :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

"Absorbtion effects"

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62606
    "Apply Aura: School Absorb (Physical)
    Value: 25"

I'm pretty sure it works.

to be 100% sure ... 25% of your attackpower *1.1 = 27.5% of your attackpower. so if you have 8k AP as a bear, you would absorb 2k dmg. within ICC it should be 2.2k.
    should be easy to figure out if you take a healer and down some of those single trashmobs at the beginning.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    It's worth checking, but I doubt it affects SD.

SD is our equivalent to Block, buffing it without buffing BV for warriors and paladins would draw mass QQ. Not to count what DKs will say :P
    they can QQ all they wany we still absrob like 500 - 600 dmg less then they block lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

If anyone knows the proper string to pull out savage defense absorbs in World of logs, post it here. I can query myself from last night but I can't seem to get it to show damage taken (absorb).

Right now it shows 2975, 3345 and 2325 which actually shows up as healing which is wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account

well in your combat log in wow SD only show up as less dmg taken

like boss1 hits me for 10000 (2200 absorbed)

but as far as i know there is no real way to massure absorbtions, as why recount doesnt do it either. as far as i know absorbtions can only be estimated by looking at what buffs u have and how much each individal can absorb

like the example above where 2200 is absorbed van also be from PW:S as it stacks ontop of eachother
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

Yup. I don't do the meters for our guild so I've been trying to do a query from the logs off worldoflogs and wowmeters with no luck. All the lines say something like hit for 22300, hit for 18300 and no absorbs because I don't have the actual combat log.

I'll bug the person who made them for the live log but you should be able to query this from worldoflogs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    well in your combat log in wow SD only show up as less dmg taken

like boss1 hits me for 10000 (2200 absorbed)

but as far as i know there is no real way to massure absorbtions, as why recount doesnt do it either. as far as i know absorbtions can only be estimated by looking at what buffs u have and how much each individal can absorb

like the example above where 2200 is absorbed van also be from PW:S as it stacks ontop of eachother
    There's actually a guessed absorbs plugin for Recount.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tisana
    There's actually a guessed absorbs plugin for Recount.
    yeh thats what i meant it can only be guessed depending on the buffs u have on you
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I have run multiple tests on this and can confirm that the Strength of Wyrnn/Hellscream's Warsong DO NOT affect Savage Defense in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy
    I have run multiple tests on this and can confirm that the Strength of Wyrnn/Hellscream's Warsong DO NOT affect Savage Defense in anyway.
    As it should. Savage Defense is based of ATTACK POWER. Therefore if the buff was a 10% increase to ATTACK POWER, then SD would be increased.

On the bright side; With the change they're making to the block mechanic in cata, I think this means we will have the best scaling block ability

15+ Year Old Account

Oke now its time to whine !!! we want SD to scale !!!

On the bright side; With the change they're making to the block mechanic in cata, I think this means we will have the best scaling block ability
    didnt they make block a 33% dmg reduction ? (since pally have about 80% uptime on it we ferals have about 95% uptime) i doubt we get the same 33% reduction
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

didnt they make block a 33% dmg reduction ? (since pally have about 80% uptime on it we ferals have about 95% uptime) i doubt we get the same 33% reduction
    I don't doubt that ferals will get the same. Yours will still be triggered offensively, unlike the "shield" tanks, however. Death Knights are going to be riding the Parry stick hard, with the 50% to two hits, and for Warriors and Paladins, the stat priority shift will be interesting to watch.

But don't count on Savage-Defense-Bear-Face-Blocking to miss out on the 33% damage reduction, if it keeps its offensive trigger, single charge mechanic.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

If they want us to have a Block equivalent, they'll just make SD trigger off crits and become 33% of the received hit. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Oke now its time to whine !!! we want SD to scale !!!

A paladin without block on their gear (as they should have in icc) only got about 42-45% block with holy shield up depending on how much defense they have, and redoubt can proc for another 30% but thats not up too much. Also you have to remember a lot of things will be changed in cataclysm, not only how a block works, but i wouldnt be suprised to see holy shield and redoubt also changed. The way Holy Shield works now would just be too good if a block took off 33% (as atm a block is no where near 33% of a icc boss hit).

Edit: whoops made a little mistake there, almost all gear doesnt have block anymore, but some shields still do. And my shield on my paly does so the numbers i mentioned are a little off. Its more 40-43% without block, and if you have a shield like neverending winter with some blockrating then it becomes 42-45%

wasnt savage defense introduced to make gear upgrades more exciting?

wouldnt making it 33% flat kinda undo all that?

armor dodge and parry and block don't scale why should savage defense?

Your health scales with the buff. I don't see how you can complain. My DK tank hits 70khp raidbuffed now and I have yet to die through heals in a 25man heroic yet.

Paladins have 100% uptime on holy shield against a boss. If not, they're doing something wrong. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Not when they first step into ICC, at least not the ones I've talked to -- the ICC 20% dodge debuff puts them that much further away from unhittable status, and they need to make it up somehow.