Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rogue vs. Priest = No Contest

Rogue > Priest at the beginning of expansions and in lower gear.

Now, at the end of Wrath, as at the end of TBC, you should be tanking them with no problem.

Killing them is difficult, but say for arena, your role isn't to kill the rogue. Your role is to play with them and keep yourself alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany
    you should be tanking them with no problem.
    Thanks for being the 39120841235th person to say this, but I can't "tank rogues with no problem"

Why are people still posting here, anyway? Everything that can be said has already been said, and posts are just repeating the same things now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Thanks for being the 39120841235th person to say this, but I can't "tank rogues with no problem"

Why are people still posting here, anyway? Everything that can be said has already been said, and posts are just repeating the same things now.
    Because we've told you what to do and if you haven't learned anything yet and are still failing to win 90% of your battles with rogues then you fail at PvP.

When you said fake casting was useless I stopped reading because you're either a troll or a complete noob at PvP.

I have beaten rogue before, but they normaly wins. But if you are lucky enough to see them, fear them and start dpsing as hell. But yeah its abit unfair. but without stunlocks and stealth rogue would be the badest class ingame for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Casting Mindcontrol is ok, if you're not under pressure, Mindblast works too.
    If you want to beat really good rogues you absolutely have to learn fakecasting. If you refuse to fake cast because you think "it sucks" you might as well stop pvping right there because you won't get far against good players. A priest who is really good in fake casting is a pain in the ass for any class with an interrupt, a priest who can't fakecast at all is a free kill.

Also some people suggested using trinket for kidney shot against rogues. Don't do that in a 1v1. It leaves you vulnerable to a cloak -> blind -> restealth - > sap -> bandage -> reopener. You'll find yourself in a worse spot than before against any decent player and you shouldn't die to a simple kidney shot with good equipment.
    Deadly poison makes this argument invalid.

Priest 1on1 against a Rouge is very hard.
    Atleast if their both equally geared/skilled.
    /Thread

ITT: OP asks for advice on how to beat rogues, is told he has to do something he is not doing, gets upset.

Vook, the reason you want to fakecast heals instead of Mind Control is that, whether he kicks your mind control or not, you're in a lose-lose situation. If he does not kick your mind control, then yes, you can get him to run away from you, but you're also effectively Sapping yourself. You can't heal up, you can't shield, you can't dot him, you can't do anything but get a little distance. If he does kick your Mind Control, then you're locked out of shadowfiend, of putting dots on him, of doing anything but healing which (again) he can still employ a gouge or a kidney shot to interrupt.

If you're going to ask for help, don't give people an attitude when the help they give you is a lesson in playing better, and not some miracle-win-button.

Deleted

Hehehe good trolling ^_^

I don't have to use trinket, Desperate Prayer nor Pain Suppression to beat a rogue :]

How to succeed:
    Always have a shield up, every cd.. just do it, Keep dots up, Holy nova if you're 75%>, Fakecast FH if you're 50%~, Everytime kick is down, land a penance, flash heal if you have to.

My setup; 3390sp, 1270resi, 500haste.

Trinket Kidney Shot, not Cheap Shot. Don't blow Fear straight after the stun lock as they usually have CloS up, use your eyes and evaluate. Keep DoTs up. Keep HoT up. Keep Inner Fire applied, you will die if it drops and stays unrefreshed.
    Sometimes you don't even use trinket on the Kidney Shot. I've found that some rogues do that initial opening, then vanish and start again after Kidney Shot. I've sometimes waited in fights until they blow Blind, then trinket and then killed them as they assumed they could get away to restealth and finish the fight. If you can't survive through Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot with PoM and shield on you before they fight you (you can to keep recasting it before they reach 10 seconds) then you probably won't be able to kill that rogue unless they're afk, sorry - improve your character then try again. Can be a bit tricky especially against a Combat rogue but a Rogue fight will always be hard for a Priest.

One of the main problems you will have will be keeping calm and not panicking or acting too rashly. Keep on your toes. Always keep the DoTs up (and refresh them BEFORE they run out, even if it's just one dot) and your shield up - when it's not already on you, don't waste mana - and PoM as well. You can also stick your pet on the rogue long before you ever get oom and he's already used Cloak of Shadows, the shadowfiend does a lot of damage and it will force the rogue into a corner if he's got dots running on him. Keep using Fear when you can and you feel confident it'll land, and cast Holy Fire and Mind Blast + wand when you can or your mana will allow. Fakecast as much as you can but try not to let your hp go below a set level. Normally most rogues will not be able to outlast a fairly well geared priest and lose due to dot damage. It's basically a noose versus razor fight.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

My main is a rogue, alt is a priest.

Do not blow fear at the beginning, there is really no point in doing it. Get your defensive spells up (shield, renew, prayer of mending, etc) and keep these up 100% of the time until he gets the opener. (more than likely you will get sapped first)
    The rogue will cheap shot you, quickly followed by a kidney shot. Trinket the Kidney shot (looks like a fist on your debuff bar). The second you trinket, you need to Dot him (prevent his stealth or make him blow CoS), Shield (playing defensive), and SW the blind. The backlash from SW will break the blind. Most rogues when you trinket will try to immediately blind, vanish and reopen.

Once you get him to blow his CoS, you win. He will have no defensive ability to stop your dots, and will no longer be able to blind you to prevent kiting. Pillar hump, pillar hump, pillar hump. If he cant hit you because of a pillar, then you constantly get healed from shields + renew. Use your shadow fiend when you feel that you can start putting more pressure on him and playing a little more offensively (mainly after he blows CoS).

That's pretty much it, stay alive while he blows his load then win by attrition. It is really hard for a rogue to kill a skilled/ geared disc priest that doesn't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    ITT: OP asks for advice on how to beat rogues, is told he has to do something he is not doing, gets upset.
    What thread are you reading?

Anyways, thread is long past derailed, question was answered multiple times, lock please.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

save your fear for when it would be useful, not just whenever. Wait until you see wound poison has a few sec left, THEN fear and penance.

Reflective shield is nice too. Dunno, in 2s, when I rogue is on me, i'm happy they're not on my teammate.

Wait for cataclysm , they re nerfing wound poison to apply only 20% healing debuff. also rogue stuns will share diminishing returns + the stun duration discipline talent and metagem will help stunlock to be nerfed to the ground. As for poisons other classes will stop having it too easy since cleansing totem is removed from the game.

There is no way a priest could lose to a rogue 1 on 1, i haven't lost to a rogue in ages in a duel.

Basically, if your specced into Reflective Shield, that'll help a lot.

So all you want to do is keep your bubble, PoM, Renew on yourself all the time

Keep healing yourself and have constant DoTs on the rogue, When he interupts your holy spells, use fear.

The whole fight you should have Bubble, Pom, Renew, up at all times. (unless on cooldown of course)

Rogues are pretty easy 1on1, even with their over powered 50% reduced healing.

^
    Thank you for repeating what everyone else in the thread said.

Just stop posting, please? There's nothing left to be said, here.