I'm stumped, Halp!

I hate doing the whole "which should I buy with frost badges post", but it really does depend on what your current gear is. As such, I'm stuck. Im a few badges away from 60 yet again, and I can't decide on getting the Vergidis Chain Belt or the Corroded skeleton key.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Tyrrandion

I'm still using the black heart, and I'm pretty sure I will be for a long while, as it's amazing, but for running icc 10 im thinking I would be able to replace the glyph of indom with the skeleton key fairly easy. Although if it's a matter of just getting a second stam trinket, I could run the Monarch Crab from JC gemmed out with +30 stams. The next decent trink beside the skele seems to be the PP trinket.

For my belt, I really can't find anything better than the conquest one in ICC till dreamwalker I believe. I could make the uld one, but it just seems like a waste of gold or frozen orbs.

These 2 seem to be really close for me. None of the tier pieces seem to be huge upgrades for me, except maybe the pants, and those drop in voa, so I'm not gonna screw myself over buying those and getting them to drop the next week. We run ICC 10 normal every week, but I foresee us being stuck in the plague quarter for awhile yet. Only 25's I see are pugs. Any advice is most welcome. Peace

Re: I'm stumped, Halp!

I'm a ret paladin myself, so can't really be sure for the prot spec, but isnt usually the tier gear the biggest upgrade? Maybe go for the 2 set before you start to get the other parts?

Well, the 2 set isn't great for every class/spec. I could see where you could think that as the ret bonus is GODLY, but, the 2 set for prot is something like 20% damage inc on HotR, not anything to scream about, I don't have threat problems, so its just downing the boss maybe an extra 3-5 secs early.

the 2 set is a must for me, only because i have amazing guildmates, dps and healers alike, so while avoidance/tanking stats is okay, 1) my healers can keep me up just fine as is and 2) my dps are out-threatting me by the day

however, in your situation, i recommend replacing Black Heart with Corroded Skeleton Key first, and then the belt, and THEN you can work towards main pieces.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

BiS trinket? yes please

I was on the front page. I saw this thread and thought it was a pun regarding resto druids needing help.

I'm pretty sad now

I'd go for the belt first. The Glyph is an incredibly good trinket: the static armor is great and it has a fantastic use, while the Key has a pretty miserable use. I'm not 100% sure, but my gut tells me the EH difference between your current belt and the Verdigris is a bit higher than the EH difference between getting the trinket.

The belt gives you a whopping 90 stamina and about 800 armor over your current belt. The Key is only a 60ish stamina upgrade over the Brewfest trinkets. So yeah. The belt is a clear winner.