Thread: Fury and rend?

Fury and rend?

Hi, i just started PvE again, after taking a break since 3.1, i want to see the LK :P. I joined a fresh guild on my server and i try to maximise my dps currently.

Armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...HjKbsufdH9OiQH

I was reading here and there, and i was wondering, one of the leader of my current guild is a very good arms war, was talking with him about how to improve my dps, we wiped a bit on BQL for our first week of raiding, i usualy do around 9k without bite, and i spike to 15k, and stay around 12-13k after if bitten on her. Its a bit low. He told me using rend when BT and WW are down, is it really worth it to stance dance for it? What if bloodsurge proc? If im not mistaken stance dancing reset my swing timer too (not sure about this) so it means less heroics strike no?

Any fury wars currently use rend in their rotation, is it worth it ?

Thx for the help !

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Fury and rend?

I don't use it but I hear you need the following prerequisites to do it properly:

1: LOW latency. Unless you are under, what, 100ms?, I wouldn't try it.
    2: Very good reaction time and management of ability CDs. You shouldn't rend if BT or WW are about to come off cooldown or 4 pc bloodsurge has procced afaik, look at Landsoul's sheet for more (confusing) guidelines.

And even if you can do that, you need to stop your HS swing while/after switching to battle stance so you aren't rage starved, use Rend quickly, then get back to zerker stance, all while avoiding fire, making sure you aren't clipping WW or BT and using the bloodsurge proc. According to Landsoul's with a reaction time of 225 ms and latency of 75 ms it is only a ~90 DPS increase (out of 10795) if executed PERFECTLY. 170 DPS if executed perfectly with Imp Rend and the Rend glyph.

Landsoul's says you should be doing 9400 with 225 reaction time and 75 latency and the new 10% ICC buff so really not that far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted

I currently use Rend in my rotation and have some experiance with this. First:

- Switching stances does not reset the swing timer.
    - Improved Rend from your talent build is required.
    - When to use it: When Whirlwind's current cooldown is greater than Bloodthirsts and Bloodthirst's cooldown is at least 3-4 seconds (depending on current latency, choose between them). And make sure your rage income is decent, the problem is not losing the rage, it's gaining it back after returning to Berserker Stance; you should save Bloodrage for these moments.

I use this macro, works really well, just keep spamming it until your back in Berserker Stance:
    /cast [Berserker Stance] Battle Stance;
    /stopcasting
    /cast [Battle Stance] Rend;
    /cast [Battle Stance] Berserker Stance;
    The stop casting is to ensure you don't use Heroic Strike whilst your in Battle Stance, thus making you too rage starved to use Rend.

You'll want something like PowerAuras to keep track of Rend timers as well. So not to overlap them. You must let the last tick of damage from Rend go through or it will be a dps loss overall.

It's very rare that you get into a situation where your latency is too poor to use Rend, you would simply limit the situations that you would use it in (as stated above). You should also switch between the Rend glyph and the Cleave glyph often depending on the type of fight you are currently on and which would be more beneficial, therefore, if your looking to min-max, you would keep a set of both glyphs in your bag and switch between them conditionally during a raid.

As for Bloodsurge procs: if you have a glyphed Rend, Rend actually does a lot more damage than Slam. If it is unglyphed, it may be safer to stick with Slams (particually if you have 4p T10) and wait until you can spare a moment where Bloodsurge has not proced.

the standard rend work in is after the "2nd" bt
    bt->ww-> wait for 2nd bt-> no slam? rend!
    at this time both ww and bt will have ~3s left on their cd's and you will have enough time for the stance gcd's to cycle

and change your ashen ring
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    the standard rend work in is after the "2nd" bt
    bt->ww-> wait for 2nd bt-> no slam? rend!
    at this time both ww and bt will have ~3s left on their cd's and you will have enough time for the stance gcd's to cycle

and change your ashen ring
    Just to satisfy my curiosity why would the agil ashen ring be better than the str one?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Noxia

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by invadermak
    Just to satisfy my curiosity why would the agil ashen ring be better than the str one?
    Golden rule of fury gear is 5 stats are better than 4 almost every time. Of course that's gonna change in the pre cata patch.

Quote Originally Posted by spk
    Golden rule of fury gear is 5 stats are better than 4 almost every time. Of course that's gonna change in the pre cata patch.
    Thanks, I guess I need to switch mine back..although I use mine when I'm tanking as well...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Noxia