Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Druid Horror Story

Quote Originally Posted by Azmyth21
    Tonight after my guilds Festergut kill in ICC 25 Distant Land dropped for the first time. Only two of us rolled myself and a hunter. At first I was the only one who rolled, so it got looted to me. A minute later he rolled and naturally out rolled me. I was told to trade it to him, major bummer. I whispered my raid leader shortly after asking why it went to a hunter over a druid. It had been stated previously that staves and pole arms would be going to druids over hunters, so I was naturally a little irked. A few moments later we killed Rotface and some agility based ring dropped. The hunter also won the ring...with expertise.

/sigh
    I really really really really hope that hunter is at least Survival. That raid leader is a tool regardless but if he's marksman he should be taking the weapon off Blood Queen. The distant land would be a downgrade unless you're survival and in that case it's bis. A feral though gets somewhere around 600AP gain depending on if you had a TOC weapon, including the rest of the stats.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    I really really really really hope that hunter is at least Survival. That raid leader is a tool regardless but if he's marksman he should be taking the weapon off Blood Queen. The distant land would be a downgrade unless you're survival and in that case it's bis. A feral though gets somewhere around 600AP gain depending on if you had a TOC weapon, including the rest of the stats.
    The hunter wanted an EXPERTISE ring. He's probably 24/23/24 or 71/0/0.

A few of my guilds members have offered me a suggestion - show the raid leader how important said "stat stick" is to a feral tank. They suggested tanking with a random green staff, heh.
    I have to agree with the others that you need to call out the asshatery here and/or start looking for another guild.
    But if you do want to show the RL the importance of the weapon, load both yourself and the huntard in to Rawr: http://rawr.codeplex.com/Wikipage pre/post Distant Land. Hopefully your RL will see the light.

15+ Year Old Account

As a hunter, that wep is very good. However, it itemisation much suits a druid more. Can't just expect him the pass though mate if its an upgrade for him too.

A few moments later we killed Rotface and some agility based ring dropped. The hunter also won the ring...with expertise.
    As a hunter, this makes my blood boil. There is no way you can be raiding ICC 25 with a ring that is sooo dogshit, it can be upgraded with that ring as a hunter.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    And he put a agi/haste gem in it. L O L

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii
    As a hunter, that wep is very good. However, it itemisation much suits a druid more. Can't just expect him the pass though mate if its an upgrade for him too.
    Of course you can expect hunters to pass melee weapons. Or are you saying you wouldn't complain if warriors and rogues took ranged weapons from you? Riiiight. :
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Make sure all your rogues and warriors have nice bows/guns before that huntard does lol

I won a second DL for kittie with a bid of 0 dkp with ~4 hunters in the raid because they weren't interested in haste. Tank with no weapon till the raid leader concedes that he was wrong and won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    Tank with no weapon till the raid leader concedes that he was wrong and won't do it again.
    That is the plan, lets see how LK 10 goes tonight while I have a diamond tipped cane equipped.

Especially given the updated information you put in later, I'd basically tell the RL, "Either he goes or I go". He *should* have passed the staff to you, but at least there's a bit of an argument as to why the hunter might want/need it. The ring? Seriously? Let the same guy win two items in row, one of them clearly not stated for his class?

You're a tank capable of downing late end ICC25 bosses. I'm *certain* you can find a guild that will be happy to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous
    This is why you go with gems and enchant scrolls in your bags..

Sorry broski it's enchanted.
    Holy crap I'm totally gonna start doing this in PuGs

I would have gquit the second they gave him the expertise ring. Im sorry even pug raid leaders dont give expertise things to hunters over classes who actually need the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer
    I'd basically tell the RL, "Either he goes or I go"
    With a RL like that, I can't say I'd want to continue in that guild at all tbh. Unless maybe the regular RL was off and this was the sidekick :P

Loot rule fail is fail.

I wouldn't have traded it over to the hunter. I would have kept it and left the guild, and transfered over to another server if need be.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Of course you can expect hunters to pass melee weapons. Or are you saying you wouldn't complain if warriors and rogues took ranged weapons from you? Riiiight. :
    This is incredibly on point. The staff is your MAIN source of damage output. Everyone with half a brain knows that most of a druids damage output comes directly from the item level of the 2H weapon he is using. On the flip side, the hunter just gets a a few stat increases.

And as the poster I am quoting mentioned, it would be no different than if your RL gave a bow to your dps warriors and rogues because the stats are nice when the bow would obviously have been more beneficial (straight dps increase) to the hunter. Or is that something he does as well? You think your hunter friend would just sit back and say nothing as his preferred bow goes to a rogue because obviously the stats are better for a rogue? I think not.

10+ Year Old Account

My druid horror story is doing HOR normal 46 times before getting the leather boomkin helm from first boss :*(

Why did you trade it? You should told him GTFO.

u should have brought a scroll with you wirth a quick weapon enchant thats what i do and the second i get it i aplly it right on the spot then you say sorry cant trade it guess he is sol

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Why did you trade it? You should told him GTFO.
    That would have earned me a one way ticket out of both the 25 and the 10 man.

Deleted

I would support you fully out and would have understood if you nerd raged, kept the stuff and left everything. Such is just not cool in my opinion, even tho it's just a game we are still sitting with people who are actually spending their RL time trying to get the stuff so badly, in this case you. I have tried something similar, but I knew the hunter had worked on getting

That would have earned me a one way ticket out of both the 25 and the 10 man.
    if your guild loot distribution system sux, you leave leave it